Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
you did it Mike!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

No Roddy makes me think he's going the Samoa Joe route.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

sportsgenius86 posted:

something something two weeks ago

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

BTW, for those who dont get the local affiliate weekend showings, this weeks ROHtv is pretty good. TNAMecca is going to hate it. To quote Dalton Castle, "This is what you want, well this is what I am. Do you want moooore? Well I want it ALL!" :allears:

Match line up:
Kyle O'Reilly against the Addiction
Mark Briscoe cuts a great mumbling monkey-man promo to set up his match against Dijak at BITW
Dalton Castle vs Jushin Thunder Liger
Cheeseburger vs Brutal Bob and they actually put on a good match
Jay Lethal cuts a promo about his BITW champion vs champion match against Jay Briscoe
Mandy Leon continues her vacuous weekly segment
Jay Lethal cuts a promo and calls Lethal "boy" every other sentence
The Kingdom (Taven & Bennett) vs Bullet Club (Doc & Karl) w/Red Shoes as the ref

:siren:HEALTH ALERT HOTLINE 4 LYFE:siren:

super macho dude fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jun 7, 2015

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

I don't think Roddy is enough of a name for that kind of deal. He's the coolest but his t-shirt ain't selling out in minutes.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I haven't watched ROH in awhile till last week's first DA show, and I have to say that I really hope the Mark Briscoe/Dijak feud is based around Mark Briscoe being super-impressed by everything Dijak does but still wanting to fight him.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Jerusalem posted:

I haven't watched ROH in awhile till last week's first DA show, and I have to say that I really hope the Mark Briscoe/Dijak feud is based around Mark Briscoe being super-impressed by everything Dijak does but still wanting to fight him.

When I was watching this with my wife and the first one happened, I said out loud "Mark Briscoe is a national treasure."

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Make Mark Briscoe ROH World Champion.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Does anyone happen to know if it's still possible to get a ticket to Best in The World from other sources?

Side story, I just bought a ticket to the TV tapings the next night and just realized I can't go.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

KungFu Grip posted:

Make Mark Briscoe ROH World Champion.

Somehow The Battle of the Jays ends up with an equally-confused Mark Briscoe triumphant.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

Somehow The Battle of the Jays ends up with an equally-confused Mark Briscoe triumphant.

Jay Lethal wins and kicks off an 18 month feud against brother Mark that's full of ***** promos.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Why was Penske censored on DA but not the syndicated version

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Seriously, gently caress Jay Lethal and Jay Briscoe leaves me indifferent but Mark is a loving treasure and always captures my attention ergo he should be both TV and World Champ.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Jay Lethal has been very very good for well over a year now and Jay Briscoe is a redneck shitbird so I am very excited for Lethal to beat him.

Also ACH should win the TV belt when Lethal takes the world championship.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Grozz Nuy posted:

Jay Lethal has been very very good for well over a year now and Jay Briscoe is a redneck shitbird so I am very excited for Lethal to beat him.

Also ACH should win the TV belt when Lethal takes the world championship.

I'm curious to see if ROH agrees with that assessment, I could see them putting the TV title on Moose instead.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

yea, seriously, Jay Lethal is loving amazing and it makes me mad that TNA ruined him so bad for so many people.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sportsgenius86 posted:

yea, seriously, Jay Lethal is loving amazing and it makes me mad that TNA ruined him so bad for so many people.

TNA+Truth Martini=Me hating Jay Lethal no matter how great he is.

Though his actual loving name is Martini which is pretty awesome to be honest.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

SamuraiFoochs posted:

good to know his act is working

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Truth Martini gets go away heat from me.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I like Martini a lot as a lower-midcard manager, I just don't want him involved in main event angles at all.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Muddy Burphy posted:

Truth Martini gets go away heat from me.

I used to feel that way too but it turns out it was just Matt Taven.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
the team of truth martini and matt taven made me stop watching roh.

then they added selezya and scarlett and i started watching again.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

good to know his act is working

Yeah no. It's not heel heat. It's channel changing heat. I hate his gimmick, I hate his delivery, and I can't get into him as a main event manager at all.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

If anyone on here is getting back into ROH because of this and wants to watch some recent stuff they've missed, you can get a ringside membership on their site for $7.99 a month and watch literally every episode ever of ROH on Sinclair plus the on demand section has every event from 2013 and the first three of 2014.

If you have a lot of free time it's absolutely worth the price.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Thauros posted:

And a few special occaions like the Warrior vs Savage re-enactment with Jay Lethal at Truth Martini's adult oriented wrestling show a couple years ago

I would love to know the name of this show

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

is that A Night of Hoopla?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I have the benefit of never watching a minute of Impact in my life, I guess.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

If anything, TNA makes me like Lethal even more because he pulled himself out of Dixie's shitpile to prove that he truly is the best first generation wrestler.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

I don't get how Lethal's time in TNA could make you not like him because it produced the best promo in wrestling history: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVU0MW-IGrM The feud with Flair made up for all the other questionable decisions.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Black Machismo was pretty awesome, I quite enjoyed the gimmick for a while there.

It's funny, at the time Alvarez talked about the gimmick actually improving Lethal's ring work because it made him slow down a bit. By doing all of Macho Man's spots, his matches ended up having better psychology sometimes.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

triplexpac posted:

Black Machismo was pretty awesome, I quite enjoyed the gimmick for a while there.

It's funny, at the time Alvarez talked about the gimmick actually improving Lethal's ring work because it made him slow down a bit. By doing all of Macho Man's spots, his matches ended up having better psychology sometimes.

And even now, he still wrestles that way, except his stunningly stupid finish.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jun 9, 2015

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

epitasis posted:

is that A Night of Hoopla?

Looks like it. I'ma watch that, and then I've got a whole bunch of 2006 Impact to watch, to relive the agony and the ecstasy

MagicCube posted:

I don't get how Lethal's time in TNA could make you not like him because it produced the best promo in wrestling history: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVU0MW-IGrM The feud with Flair made up for all the other questionable decisions.

The last time I watched this I changed tabs for a minute when they started going back and forth and I honestly couldn't tell who was talking, Lethal owned it that hard

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Literally The Worst posted:

The last time I watched this I changed tabs for a minute when they started going back and forth and I honestly couldn't tell who was talking, Lethal owned it that hard

He'll still break out the voice on the occasional podcast (last one I heard was him on Taz's) and it's seriously jarring.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
To be clear I LIKE Jay Lethal but the TNA stuff poisoned me on being able to buy him as a super serious main eventer.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

MagicCube posted:

"I'LL COME DOWN THERE AND BROKE YER NECK PUNK"
-AJ Styles

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

flashy_mcflash posted:

He'll still break out the voice on the occasional podcast (last one I heard was him on Taz's) and it's seriously jarring.

I think I said this in the other thread, but when he was on AoW he talked about how Flair would have visitors and Flair would bring them over to Lethal and ask Lethal to do his Flair impression, and he does his impression of Flair asking him to do his impression of Flair, and it's amazing

I'm watching Impact from around the time Sting showed up in 2006 and there was a dope Samoa Joe promo, that's my thoughts on old Impact.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

MagicCube posted:

this is the craziest segment i've ever seen and the wacky zooms on Flair's face only made it better

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It's kind of a mix between Ric Flair and Bill Cosby.

I BEEN UP AND DOWN THE ROAD RIDIN SPACE MOUNTAIN AND FLIBBITY FLOOP JELLO PUDDIN

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Dr. rear end posted:

this is the craziest segment i've ever seen and the wacky zooms on Flair's face only made it better

THAT'S MY LINE!

NO THAT'S MY LINE

I laughed out loud to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MagicCube posted:

Holy poo poo, I've never seen this and it's amazing. Flair losing his poo poo is incredible, and about halfway through you can see Lethal fighting back a smile as Flair powers up.

"I can STILL kiss all the girls and make 'em cry.... even that fat one down there!"

Edit: Oh my God the 60 minute argument :xd:

• Locked thread