Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

interwhat posted:

Hi!!!!

I took a video of Willy walking with his head tilted, but unfortunately the video is also tilted 90 degrees so I'll get another one later. He's feeling good and getting more brave around the house. He and my 7 year old were running around together now my son's hands are all scratched up. No allergy symptoms from him at all so that's pretty great too!

What a gorgeous little fellow :unsmith:

Spinz posted:

Man I would never leave that poor little Kitty's nose alone

My tux's splotch is on her belly, so I can't boop it :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Spinz posted:

Man I would never leave that poor little Kitty's nose alone

Indeed. On rare occasions she will nose boop with me.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

interwhat posted:

Hi!!!!

I took a video of Willy walking with his head tilted, but unfortunately the video is also tilted 90 degrees so I'll get another one later. He's feeling good and getting more brave around the house. He and my 7 year old were running around together now my son's hands are all scratched up. No allergy symptoms from him at all so that's pretty great too!

I'm so glad Willy is doing ok! :kimchi:

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Audiophile cat (and yes, I need to dust):

my cat would like to nose boop your cat

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i'm very glad the kitteh is okay and so are loki and pinball

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

sigher posted:

A 7 year term is one hell of a long one.

To be fair I tear up from movies, powerful music almost immediately since the kid was born, this was a HARD cry tho

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Important update

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

OH NO, It's been trapped!
THIS IS AN ALL POINTS BULLITIN EVERY AVILABLE OFFICER IS TO OFFER AID! and head scratches.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

interwhat posted:

Important update

:D

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

interwhat posted:

Important update

Awwwww, kitty got big

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

interwhat posted:

Important update

I was thinking of this thread yesterday and this update is the blessing I needed to end my week. :3:

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Happy to oblige. 🙂. He's gonna be a good catte. Hopefully his ball removal doesn't change that. Willy here is really part of the family, now. My 7 year old son can just pick him up like a rag doll, and they play and play and play before wife and I get out of bed. Kid is an early riser. He loves and doesn't love belly scratches. He invites you, but then attacks. He is very gentle though, and it becomes a little game. He is least trusting of me, but mainly I can presume that is because I am the largest person in the household(despite being a hilarious 5'5" man let, lol amirite), but mainly because I associate with DOG. I am the DOG person, and therefore cannot be trusted. Willy wants to be closer to DOG but anytime he timidly starts making his way to snuggle with DOG, DOG gets up and very brutishly starts walking in his direction, which is totally uncool.

Willy still walks and runs with his head cocked 45 degrees which is hilarious, but seems to be just one of his quirks. He has full mobility of his cranium in all other positions excluding movement. I can only presume this is just his personal preference. He's a very vocal little man, and as much as I hate the scent of litter, and goddamn, his shits, he's as welcome in this house as any one of the rest of us, and that's alright with me.

Hope you goons are having a good evening!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Cat lying on its back is commonly misconstrued as an invitation for belly rubs but it's usually not, I hope this helps improve the connection between you.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

interwhat posted:

Important update

:haw:

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

I'm real glad to hear Willy got better and I'm here to say he's a real handsome cat. Thank you for the updates!

I got a cat in late elementary school who had been a stray and we got him fairly young. Sometime in that first year or two he got super nauseous and had a lot of trouble moving, extremely disoriented, and what I remember was that the vet had diagnosed it as some kind of brain inflammation from an infection. He recovered and lived a fairly normal outdoor cat life, except that he always kept his head at about a 45 degree angle, so your story reminded me of him :buddy:

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I love your Willy and I'm happy for you and your family. Good kitty A+ feels.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

interwhat posted:

He invites you, but then attacks.

This is known as a "belly trap" and it has claimed the hands of some of the smartest men and women throughout history.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

This is known as a "belly trap" and it has claimed the hands of some of the smartest men and women throughout history.

Wear work gloves. Man shall finally defeat cat

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Please stop aggravating your cat, it's not an invitation for belly rubs.
Cats just like to lie on their back sometimes.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Don't play with your cat using your hands anyway. Unless you like scratches/scars, then go for it I guess.
Edit: Use toys / strings / empty carton boxes

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

By popular demand posted:

some cats go nuts for belly rubs, and there's only one way to find out, but if you've tried and they hate it don't keep agitating them

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Me and my cat grow closer in honorable battle. We hone our skills and deepen our relationship. We are like rivals in a Shonen anime

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
I have an 18 year old cat who is a very good if very deaf boy, but we just adopted a ~1 year old friendly feral that kept coming past our house and asking for food. He was pretty covered in various cuts and scars and is just now getting used to food being plentiful but he is remarkably well behaved. Our vet was like he clearly was indoors at one point... Been outside the whole winter though. Got him neutered and took care of the cuts and shots and whatnot plus negative fiv test, hoping I can introduce him and my elderly cat maybe this afternoon. He is seriously so well behaved.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

:radcat:move aside grandpa, there's a new kid in town!

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Cat lying on its back is commonly misconstrued as an invitation for belly rubs but it's usually not, I hope this helps improve the connection between you.

That's what it is for all 3 of my cats, sometimes it's also an invitation to play, and by play I mean let them mangle my hand when I put it in their belly, which they take great pleasure in.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's a devious trick that cats like to play. the invitation and the inevitable cruel betrayal are all deliberate.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it's a devious trick that cats like to play. the invitation and the inevitable cruel betrayal are all deliberate.

then again, when you find an amenable cat, the belly rubs are a transcendent experience for both parties

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Most of my cats are hype on belly rubs. The one who isn't will take your hand between her paws and put it on her head.

cake bunny
Oct 29, 2011

A cat exposing its belly is a sign of trust and that they are very relaxed and confident of their safety in that moment. It's a super vulnerable part of their body, and a direct access to easily gutting them, so they have a lot of instinct to cover it / protect it.

While some cats do enjoy belly rubs, in general it's a betrayal of the trust the cat is showing to you if you go in to touch their belly when they expose it to you. Like "hey wtf, I trusted you and you're going right for my exposed underbelly? gonna bite and claw now". If you want to check to see if a cat is okay with belly rubs, move slow and respect their reaction, but anticipate that you can be damaging your relationship with them at least in the short run by even giving it a gentle try and they're going to cut you for it. Ostensibly you like the animal and shouldn't want to be doing something with a high probability of stressing them out, though, so maybe just don't? Cats are really good at showing you if, when, and where they want to be touched by literally rubbing themselves against you with the parts they want touched.

OP - Your new little buddy is cute af and I'm very happy he's okay! Street kitties who decide to move in are the best.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

cake bunny posted:

A cat exposing its belly is a sign of trust and that they are very relaxed and confident of their safety in that moment. It's a super vulnerable part of their body, and a direct access to easily gutting them, so they have a lot of instinct to cover it / protect it.

While some cats do enjoy belly rubs, in general it's a betrayal of the trust the cat is showing to you if you go in to touch their belly when they expose it to you. Like "hey wtf, I trusted you and you're going right for my exposed underbelly? gonna bite and claw now". If you want to check to see if a cat is okay with belly rubs, move slow and respect their reaction, but anticipate that you can be damaging your relationship with them at least in the short run by even giving it a gentle try and they're going to cut you for it. Ostensibly you like the animal and shouldn't want to be doing something with a high probability of stressing them out, though, so maybe just don't? Cats are really good at showing you if, when, and where they want to be touched by literally rubbing themselves against you with the parts they want touched.

OP - Your new little buddy is cute af and I'm very happy he's okay! Street kitties who decide to move in are the best.

Some cats love belly rubs, so not determining if your cat does seems like an omission. I find that their feet are a similar thing in terms of some cats loving having their feet touched, while others absolutely hate it. I've had cats that melted from having little kitty foot rubs, and other cats who would recoil and look at you like you were deranged if you touched their feet. On the whole most cats are good with their tails being handled, but some really don't like it.

In closing, cats are a land of contrasts.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Be careful with the belly rubs/play time, I think I trained one of my GF's cats to think my hand was a toy that way, and he's pretty vicious.

1 of 3 cats in our house likes belly rubs.

It's not this one, she'll shred your loving hand if you touch the tummy floor.

This one begs for that poo poo though.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

Don't tell me what to do. He very clearly wants it. If I ever feel like he doesn't, he pulls me back in. Jesus.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
He doesn't even scratch or bite with any notable effort. He very clearly loves it. Goons stop being goons in this thread. God damnit now I'm doing it.

interwhat fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Apr 10, 2022

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
I've been pulling on his tail a lot, he really enjoys being swung around by it. His cute little screams of joy are just to die for!!!!

:rolleyes:

Now I am ruining my own thread along with you lot.

More cat pics to get this taste out of my mouth please and thank you. I know how to care and socialize with animals, and we are past the part where some input was welcome when it was about getting the street cat back to healthy. The tone and feel of this thread was literally great until you lot showed up.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

interwhat posted:

cute little screams of joy

to teach a cat to tap dance, simply tape dimes to its feet

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

interwhat posted:

I've been pulling on his tail a lot, he really enjoys being swung around by it. His cute little screams of joy are just to die for!!!!

Finally a cat thread just for me

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Big Beef City posted:

Finally a cat thread just for me

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

as a humanitarian, i can't he'p but to admire yo' marksmanship

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
My cat loves belly rubs and will often fall asleep from them

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

i like just rubbing my cat all over and then watch her run around the house from how hype she gets./

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
There's a Twain quote where he says that when he meets someone who is a cat lover, he doesn't need to know anything further about that person but will instantly consider them a friend.

The inverse is also true, which is that when someone says they "hate" cats, they usually are a piece of poo poo.

also

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

i like just rubbing my cat all over and then watch her run around the house from how hype she gets./

my old grandpa cat will run around the house like a madman after he takes his morning poo poo :radcat: