Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Next week he's gonna murder Nicolas :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Blasmeister posted:

Next week he's gonna murder Nicolas :ohdear:

Does Nicolas live in Knox County?

Oh you meant the fiend

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
:alexa:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Oh you meant the fiend

[Emote expressing surprise and approval]

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Oh god I just realized they might go fully Harley Quinn with Alexa.

again?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
It's a wrestling ring, just run away!

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

What a wretched show and company

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Just finished Smackdown, had to watch in in pieces because of life but i thought it was a good show with some solid matches. Cool the women's title main evented and Gulak, Big E, and Metalik getting some time to shine. Probably my favorite episode of the weekly shows this week (I haven't watched NXT completely this week and may skip it because it seemed dire)

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

JT Smiley posted:

It's a wrestling ring, just run away!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4GAj2v4BIE&t=10s

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Why does The Fiend wear clown pants?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Red posted:

hes down with the clown woop woop

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

isn't this the sort of thing that pisses off advertisers? Isn't that why they stopped doing that poo poo in the first place?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

ChrisBTY posted:

isn't this the sort of thing that pisses off advertisers? Isn't that why they stopped doing that poo poo in the first place?

i dunno lets ask WCW and oh....

how about lucha underground inste... oh

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Red posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5ti0gjb9oE

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Benne posted:

Watch the tall scary man standing menacingly over the much smaller woman, who's quivering in fear. Now watch him extend his hand as slowly as possible as she makes no attempt to fight back, and then forcefully enter her mouth until she falls unconscious.

No I don't see any uncomfortable imagery here why do you ask.

Well it's been about long enough since Bubba Dudley put women through tables and made an orgasm face after, Vince probably thinks it's cool to do something similar again.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

MJeff posted:

Somebody tell me that people are gonna go jail or even be held slightly accountable for all the dead and crippled kids we're about to have.

Lie to me if you have to.

I think the gap is far enough on the next stimulus that the democrats won't be able to "cave in" (happily concede to big business) the immunity from prosecution that the senate says it wants to pass the bill. So there's still a chance!

STAC Goat posted:

You know, I was so blinded by the match result I didn't even process that he choked out Thatcher.

What the hell is going on at NXT? How is Finn Balor actually being booked worse there? What the what?

It is debatable as to if he's being booked worse there. His character is extremely stupid right now, and he's apparently injured again, but I don't think he's been pinned clean since he got there and I don't think he should've have won either of those triple threats he's been in (Keith Lee definitely should've won that match and at least right now it looks like it's going to be a first time title holder winning the North American which is a title Balor really doesn't need), it's basically the anti-Charlotte.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I'm less bothered by an intergender storyline (it's a TV show!) than the absolutely dogshit execution. And also presumably the idea that Alexa Bliss is going to be worked into a continued Braun-Bray Wyatt feud for some reason

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
so is the only defense against the fiend CTE and that’s why Goldberg loving demolished him

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
this storyline ends with universal champion gronk

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Aziz Ansari is THE FIEND

Quid
Jul 19, 2006

Red posted:

Because the Fiend is a clown.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Red posted:

shout outs to The Menagerie

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Oh you meant the fiend

:discourse:

Oh man, that ending segment is something else. Not only is it creepy and violent in a very suggestive way, but the fact that it's so slow makes it soooo much worse. I know they have hockey glass up, but with that time there are dozens of wrestlers around the ring that could've stepped in and tried to stop it (maybe it's a metaphor for society). It almost seems like they wanted the quiet to make it feel more like a horror movie scene, but then at the very end, when he actually applies the mandible claw, you're reminded the crowd is there because they weakly boo and lightly bang on the plexiglass.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Now, seeing Nikki pushed Alexa and walked away, (which in wrestling terms usually means a friendship is irevoccably over), could all the creepiness with The Fiend and Alexa, (which I totally agree was very creepy and not in a "fun scary wrestling monster" way but in a "implied sexual violence" way), be a way to bring Alexa into Bray's stable/cult/funhouse?

I mean she was dressed up as Sister Abigail in the weirdo swamp match. So maybe the plan is to have Bray drag her into the cult, and Braun can rescue her?

Which is poo poo. Not least because the Womens division had two sets of women who were friends and supported each other. And that representation of female friendship is a fucktonne better than the sluts and bitches narratives that WWE usually gives to women.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Oh you meant the fiend

Yowza!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

New thread for August.