Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

We got a drunk bear out of this deal

I'm satisfied with this result

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DCBomB
Sep 14, 2008

Everything about this guy, bear included, is just kinda gross to me

Well no, the bear isn't gross, just kinda tragic. What they did to it is gross

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Ask Elihaba what he thinks of Bright Ben

Would you like him?–seems like you’d get on like a house on fire–he could be Fight Ben

As a bonus thatd keep him (Ben) away from almost everyone too

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Theglavwen posted:

See what else the bear likes. Wine? Whisky? What about other intoxicants? Cocaine bear?

Think about how popular the Zuu will soon be, come see the one and only bear with advanced cirrhosis! Hurry, he won't last long!

Voting to subconsciously enhance the bear to live forever

Change from Zd to U
, thanks for the guidance Jael

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Offer the bear some of Ish's chronic

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

DCBomB posted:

Everything about this guy, bear included, is just kinda gross to me

Well no, the bear isn't gross, just kinda tragic. What they did to it is gross

Yeah, we definitely need to invent a 12 step program and get Bright Boy onto it.

e: I'm serious about this.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Offer the bear some of Ish's chronic

This might just work...

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

With one hand he saves gebs. With the other he commits goblin genocide. A true neutral.

Question
1. Can we ask our human and melachim doctors on how to treat the bear?
2. I don't suppose their city has been fighting the bnaimokt ala kelashin?
3. Quiz Beri on his leadership skills and compare it to the okay standards of the previous guy from ahlab.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

stevey666 posted:

Also ask Puabi about Amok flicking blood in our eye to make us understand him, does the same apply to bear blood

:stonklol:

Do not do this

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

I don't know if We're allowed to spill the deets of The South to anyone, even a Mel.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Diogines posted:

"He says he can smell beer and that you have beer." The Translatorachim then goes on to add "Bears have a very, very good nose Enkidel, better than dogs, by a significant amount."

It's not his nose I'm worried about. I think this bear might be an alcoholic.

Note that I said "IF we do not have any beer", not that we literally do not have any. It's certainly possible there was a translation error or the bear isn't quite that clever, but if it is clever then it might have thought we were trying to deny him more beer.

I'm not sure what we can ask the bear to try and rule out alcoholism, especially if further inquiry upsets him to violence.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
Does anyone have the full series of votes in a single place?

I lost #4 somewhere.

I don't plan on voting, merely starting my view, so don't waste time consolidating on my behalf.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
Ask the bear:

Do you like Shisa?
What name do you think of yourself as? (or) What do you call yourself?
What is your favorite food?
Have you ever hurt a human?
What do you think of people?
When was the last time you were sober?
If you don't get beer, will you hurt people?

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Diogines posted:

"What if I what?"

What if, instead of option Zd, I caused Beri to had a dream that I did Zd

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

alpaca diseases posted:

What if, instead of option Zd, I caused Beri to had a dream that I did Zd

You nailed it before the edit.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Ask the envoy:

What are your relations to the other major powers in the area? Allies, enemies?

Have you had any dealings or fights with the goblins and the bnaimokt?

Have you had any serious monster incursions?

How did the last Jubilee go?

When was the last time your city went to war?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Freakazoid_ posted:

It's not his nose I'm worried about. I think this bear might be an alcoholic.

Note that I said "IF we do not have any beer", not that we literally do not have any. It's certainly possible there was a translation error or the bear isn't quite that clever, but if it is clever then it might have thought we were trying to deny him more beer.

I'm not sure what we can ask the bear to try and rule out alcoholism, especially if further inquiry upsets him to violence.

The bear is obviously an alcoholic.
If we had taken points in Medicine, we'd probably be able to see that his liver is pickled.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
[Natural Order check] Is an alcoholic bear a perversion of the way things should be according to El's design?

DCBomB
Sep 14, 2008

1B

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Ask Suriel, what does an assessor of the Celestine Court of Measures and Proscriptions think of this city of false idols?

Is the Old Tale of Gazmal true?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Car Hater posted:

[Natural Order check] Is an alcoholic bear a perversion of the way things should be according to El's design?
No.

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

Ask the envoy:
What are your relations to the other major powers in the area? Allies, enemies?

"We are a friend to all who welcome our merchants."

Have you had any dealings or fights with the goblins and the bnaimokt?

"The goblin have not troubled us and the Bnaimokt are too distant, no."

Have you had any serious monster incursions?

"Serious? No. I suppose we've slain a minotaur or two?"

How did the last Jubilee go?

"Delightful! We had quite the blast! I even filled one of the city fountains with wine, a good time was had by all!"

When was the last time your city went to war?

"You know I am unsure? It has been a while, quite a while I suppose... perhaps in my great-grandfathers day?"

A Terrible Person posted:

Ask the bear: Do you like Shisa?

"The bear says yes, Shisha is a very, very good friend and is very, very good. I am taking some liberties with the translations here, please remember Enkidel that it is a bear. They tend to be clever as far as animals are concerned but it is an animal. A more direct translation may be that Shisa does good things for them and is has a status of being a mother-sibling-child which is to say, a family relation, but not literally their mother, sibling or child."

What name do you think of yourself as? (or) What do you call yourself?
"The bear says his name is Me."

What is your favorite food?
"Their favorite food is cake and they are asking if they can have some."

Have you ever hurt a human?
"I don't trust the answer they gave. Please remember again Enkidel that it is a bear. Their memory of the day to day is... different from yours. Unless it mauled someone recently or it was a particulary memorable incident I can't imagine they would remember anyway."

What do you think of people?
"They have no strong opinion."

When was the last time you were sober?
"They don't know. I don't think it is that it was a time so long ago that it is perpetually drunk, I think they are a bear and don't think of time in that way. From what the others said I suspect they got the bear drunk to ensure it was placid when they delivered the bear as a gift, though they probably expect to get beer often."

If you don't get beer, will you hurt people?
"It says yes. I am honestly not sure if it actually means that or is trying to trick me into giving it more beer now, I actually suspect the later."

Polgas posted:

1. Can we ask our human and melachim doctors on how to treat the bear?
An inspection by some Melachim reveals that the bear does not have any chronic health problems.

Polgas posted:

2. I don't suppose their city has been fighting the bnaimokt ala kelashin?
Already answered.

Polgas posted:

3. Quiz Beri on his leadership skills and compare it to the okay standards of the previous guy from ahlab.
I don't believe you ever did that for anyone from Ahlab? Do you mean Hashum, who you made King of Heres? I assume that.

Through the Magic of Question Time you ask the SAME questions to Beri, who is not actually the king of Nephtarah, nor was even sent by them, but is the richest man in the city, related to the king and very influential(he also brought several other nobles with him). So to answer the question you ACTUALLY asked, which is about being a ruler...

On a scale of 1 to 10...

Technical Correctness: 3
Justness: 3.5
Piety: 4

As a reminder he is not a ruler.

alpaca diseases posted:

Would you like him?–seems like you’d get on like a house on fire–he could be Fight Ben
Our apologies but there are several people named Elihaba at this point. Can you clarify which you mean? I honestly have no idea.

stevey666 posted:

Ask the bear what he thinks of a cold beer on a hot day.
The Translatorachim says "They said that would be nice."

stevey666 posted:

Also ask if he wants to learn how to brew his own beer.
"The bear cannot learn how to brew bear Enkidel, it is a bear."

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

alpaca diseases posted:

Ask Suriel, what does an assessor of the Celestine Court of Measures and Proscriptions think of this city of false idols?

Is the Old Tale of Gazmal true?
You approach Suriel, who is watching you and indeed always seems to be watching you. They turn their head towards you to watch you as you approach, perhaps the way in which the helmet with a shadowless blank form you cannot see within turns to look at you is disturbing, like the eyes of a painting follow you?

And after a moment....

And after another moment....

And after as many MORE moments as you stand there, you continue to stand there, because Suriel does not respond. The Melachim who came to take you to Court does not seem happy about that time you had Jael force him to go save Zepath. They very, very rarely talk to you and indeed almost everything they ever said to you occurred before you did that, with a very rare few exceptions after? This not being one of those times.

Mostly they just stay in one place and stare at you wherever you are. Or follow you wherever you go. And keep staring at you. Waiting for you to make a mistake of some sort, or for him to regain JURISDICTION so he can take you away? Or perhaps simply waiting because he, it, has no other orders?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Ask the bear what it thinks of cats

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Diogines posted:

Our apologies but there are several people named Elihaba at this point. Can you clarify which you mean? I honestly have no idea.

Our Appalachian hulk of a great(?)-grandson

husband of Josephine, has a blue-shard cestus, hates people and loves fighting

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

alpaca diseases posted:

Was going to say "extremely large man who smells terrible, married to the lady who perches on his shoulder and goes ":sickos:" while he pummels bandits and such" but yes that works too.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
Why would he care about a drinking bear that isn't even that strong or violent?

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

“Bright Ben these goblins have taken your beer and won’t give it back”

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

alpaca diseases posted:

Oh.

This probably does not come as a shock, but they are not in Zepath at the moment.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvCQ80Brkw0

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Surely you’re still not angry at being allowed to contribute to the titanic struggle of that night, by smiting a foe of El who sought to eradicate a city of people who do goodly works in his name—as you yourself put it?

Don’t forget thats also what caused me to direct my excess to Mt Har, so they have you to thank for that too! :-)

alpaca diseases fucked around with this message at 03:44 on May 18, 2024

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
Decorate Suriel with flowers, garlands, and other cutesy decor that a small girl would find appropriate.

if you aren't gonna be useful to us you can bring some cheer in other ways

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

I wonder if he's more pissed about the expense if Nephew or the insult of being made to expend it in the first place. Wonder if he'll chill out if we give him some Melachim Chow Nephesh.

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

Blasphemaster posted:

I wonder if he's more pissed about the expense if Nephew or the insult of being made to expend it in the first place. Wonder if he'll chill out if we give him some Melachim Chow Nephesh.

He thought an offer of water was a bribe attempt, what do you think he'd call that?

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

Decorate Suriel with flowers, garlands, and other cutesy decor that a small girl would find appropriate.

if you aren't gonna be useful to us you can bring some cheer in other ways

6Zf
It's kinda what we ascended for. Killing in El's name is kind of a big deal.

5u
Not our problem.

4s
"Your artists are free to live and die however they like. If they go adventuring with our men, however, they should prepare for the latter if they aren't sufficiently prepared. Especially if they think it's just a game to just write home about."

3Ja

2G

1A
1E: Accept the bear into the Zuu contingent on Shisa staying on as caretaker. Assign a Melachim to periodically check in on Me to make sure they are sobering up safely and have their needs met in other ways.

A Terrible Person fucked around with this message at 11:01 on May 18, 2024

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

Diogines posted:

"I don't trust the answer they gave. Please remember again Enkidel that it is a bear. Their memory of the day to day is... different from yours. Unless it mauled someone recently or it was a particulary memorable incident I can't imagine they would remember anyway."

"They have no strong opinion."

"They don't know. I don't think it is that it was a time so long ago that it is perpetually drunk, I think they are a bear and don't think of time in that way. From what the others said I suspect they got the bear drunk to ensure it was placid when they delivered the bear as a gift, though they probably expect to get beer often."

"It says yes. I am honestly not sure if it actually means that or is trying to trick me into giving it more beer now, I actually suspect the later."

An inspection by some Melachim reveals that the bear does not have any chronic health problems.

Personally give the bear a cake and a little beer. Introduce them to Snarls.

I like that lack of guile.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

I also just re-read from our last trip to Baitel -> Jubilee (still awesome btw) and was wondering if I could throw these unrelated questions out Diog?

Chait, do you know an Ea Nasir?—Word on the street was that he was from Sier

The 32 Zepathian MM equivalents along with Raphu- who are they and where were they on the Jubilee/did they survive/where are they now?

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

alpaca diseases posted:

As a bonus thatd keep him (Ben) away from almost everyone too

Diogines posted:

Oh.

This probably does not come as a shock, but they are not in Zepath at the moment.

You have someone track down Josephine and ask her to get Elihaba to see about the bear.

Eventually, after a lot of persuasion...

"Can't own people."

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
What happened to that poor lady's nose :ohdear:

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Slaan posted:

What happened to that poor lady's nose :ohdear:

It's in her name Nonosephine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Voting is closed.