Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

malhavok posted:

I got so annoyed at people playing badly i had to shut it off.

You must be in so much pain all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
Have the crows fallen yet

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Carol Pizzamom posted:

Have the crows fallen yet

Yes. They've already surpassed Star Citizen by releasing a playable combat demo when they said they would.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
looked pretty insanely average tho

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

A pre-alpha build looking "average" is actually pretty good though.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Yeah, it's been like five months since the kickstarter ended.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the game is probably going to be janky, laggy, broken, or never even get remotely close to being done or a combination though

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Eonwe posted:

the game is probably going to be janky, laggy, broken, or never even get remotely close to being done or a combination though

Yes but if it was a good game it would have to compete for the time I spend doing things I actually like. This way it can just be a hilarious clusterfuck flash in the pan and then I can forget about it.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Pavlov posted:

Yes but if it was a good game it would have to compete for the time I spend doing things I actually like. This way it can just be a hilarious clusterfuck flash in the pan and then I can forget about it.
this is a depressing outcome to hope for. compared to all the other releases lately, maybe this is a realistic expectation

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
I'm not going to poo poo on people who actually want this to be a good game, even if it seems unlikely. Its just that if this turns out to be good, I already know I probably won't spend the time to get the full experience. The goonrush then drop-off thing is something I've had fun with in the past though.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Pavlov posted:

I'm not going to poo poo on people who actually want this to be a good game, even if it seems unlikely.

I will.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Lol Star Citizen has gone pay2post now too.

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Budgie posted:

Read access is all that matters there, so all is well... unlike cf where the forum is actually dead and boring unless you go out of your way to make it fun.

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
also hitting deadlines apparently doesn't increase interest or excitement or $$ at all.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Budgie posted:

Good, the amount of shitposting coming from people who don't follow the development/don't have module access is mind numbing.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Pay to post is insanely bad, actually

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Eonwe posted:

Pay to post is insanely bad, actually

as proven by SA.com

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im of the opinion that SA would be a lot better if it were free, but that wouldn't get lowtax more money

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

But making people pay to get unbanned/remove redtext is half this forums charm.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I think pay to unban/pay for av is ok

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Even if it were free to register Id pay if I got banned

:regd08:

Orv
May 4, 2011

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Good, the amount of shitposting coming from people who don't follow the development/don't have module access is mind numbing.

Development on Star Citizen, good one.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake
Hey look they now has a physical collectors edition. https://crowfall.com/#/news/founders-update-great-stuff-is-happening

Calidor
Aug 11, 2012
Looks like the folks that got a Collectors Edition as part of their pre-order pledges actually get an extra game account and an extra 3 months VIP sub. Of course, anyone that would pay $150 for an art book, a CD, a comic and some 2 inch action figures needs their head examined, but if they give you free stuff on top of what you already paid for that's good.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

So there's a pre-alpha combat test tonight for a few hours and I got an invite, i'll see if I can get some decent video/stream it or something if anyone is interested.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Eonwe posted:

I think pay to unban/pay for av is ok

Then what would stop the banned from making new accounts?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Stormgale posted:

So there's a pre-alpha combat test tonight for a few hours and I got an invite, i'll see if I can get some decent video/stream it or something if anyone is interested.

id watch the video if you posted it

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Report so far: servers are hosed.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Stormgale posted:

This was to be expected.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Stormgale posted:

always develop and deal with netcode and server issues last, they dont matter erally

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Kimsemus posted:

This was to be expected.

lol

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
good game

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
crowshit

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

Eonwe posted:

im of the opinion that SA would be a lot better if it were free, but that wouldn't get lowtax more money

Being pay-to-post is really the only thing SA has to differentiate itself, to the point where SA is just another internet circlejerk forum, but more tongue-in-cheek and you have to pay to participate.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Makes probates/bans slightly better than useless too. It's not a very portable model though. You have to have a critical mass of activity first to convince new people to join up, or the whole thing just dies (see: crowfall). I lurked in LP for like 2 years before I joined up here. People might not even remember what crowfall is in 2 years.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
That explains so much.

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Ask me about delicious soy products.
So there are apparently tests going on and people playing the game. Any goons in there able to give a trip report more detailed than "Servers are hosed"?

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Afgad posted:

So there are apparently tests going on and people playing the game. Any goons in there able to give a trip report more detailed than "Servers are hosed"?

There are poo poo tons of videos and streams of the pre alpha all over the place, i think they have a forum specifically for them.

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Ask me about delicious soy products.

malhavok posted:

There are poo poo tons of videos and streams of the pre alpha all over the place, i think they have a forum specifically for them.

Odd, I thought this very forum was the one I was supposed to use to talk to goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

malhavok posted:

please share with us your thoughts

• Locked thread