Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

wandler20 posted:

I'm sure this has been asked a bunch in this thread but is there a decent self cleaning litter box out there?

We spend nearly every weekend away from the house in the summer and I feel bad that the cats have to go a couple days without a clean box. I have several boxes set up for them (2 cats) now but it's not really ideal and maybe someone has a suggestion to help me out.

Litter-Robot is the only actually good one. They're expensive, but everyone I know who has one loves the thing. There's a wifi version that will track usage for keeping an eye on pet health and also email you when its full.

I'll be getting one as soon as finances allow and its funny talking to someone who is confused as to why one would spend $500 on a litterbox but when you mention "I've scooped poo poo every day for the last 4 years this is a small price to pay to not have to do that anymore" they get on board.

If you're interested, yell in here I'm sure someone can give you a referral link for $25 off.

Boogalo fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jul 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spikes32
Jul 25, 2013

Happy trees
Can confirm one litter robot is enough for our three cats, though we're emptying the tray about twice a week.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Deteriorata posted:

Sounds like a sprain that is healing up properly. Unless she takes a dramatic turn for the worse, you should be fine to hold off until Saturday. Cats are remarkably tough.

Yeah. I think I just need to realize that her laying down and resting is a good thing. She SHOULDNT be up and about, she should only be getting up when she needs to. Otherwise, just letting her be and letting her rest is the best thing I can do for her.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Thanks for the litter robot recommendation, I'll definitely look into that.

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Wow, that's really uncatlike. Mine would be freaking out. You have a very special kitty there :)

I know! She really is special, it frankly amazes me that she is just so... adaptable, and unshakeable. She's absolutely been my "rock" for quite some time now - I can always rely on Jackie to be right there with me no matter what is going on or happening, or what we have to deal with. Driving across the country, living in new and strange places, dealing with new and strange people - she is always happy and chill.

She's very charming, too, and has made friends with the small horde of Latino kids that tear around the area in front of the motel sometimes - they come up shouting "KITTY KITTY KITTY KITTY!" and she lets them actually manhandle her a little bit (like all kids tend to do with cats) but is totally tolerant of it, and even seems to enjoy it! Which makes sense, in a way, because when she lived with my parents before I adopted her, mostly she got attention from my little sister who was ~9 years old or so at the time, and liked to pick Jackie up a lot and play with her. She certainly wasn't mean or cruel, but it could get a bit rough at times and end with Jackie squealing and running away to hide - you all know how kids and cats can be.

Anyway, my point is that Jackie is REALLY good with kids because she had to put up with one, once upon a time. So when these kids (fairly respectfully but still a bit rough by my standards) pick her up and pet her and stuff, she is incredibly tolerant, gentle, and friendly - it was really lovely to see, they just adore her.

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

e: kaworu, I love your Jackie updates. She is such an awesome girl.

Yay! I'm very happy that at least someone is enjoying them! I know I can tend a bit towards myopia with my posts, but I love my cat, and this is really the one place where I get to talk about her online, being someone who has never liked nor used facebook much. And I mean, sometimes it's as if I just need to acknowledge how lucky I feel to have her as my cat, and say how incredibly fantastic she is. She won't be around forever, and at least right now, I can't really possibly imagine that I'll ever have another cat (or any kind of pet) whom I'll feel closer to or care more for. So I feel like it's important to talk about her, document things. At some point, she will be gone and I'll only have fading memories - and these posts.

I actually went and saved all my posts from this thread last month when the future of the forums were uncertain, and I was amazed at how far back this thread goes! All the way back to the day I took her in in: April 24th, 2011. It's all documented in this thread, 10 pages (400 posts) over the last 9+ years from me, almost all about Jackie. Even the pics I posted from way back then still work - imgur is very good like that.

Actually, I wanted to share this one picture I found there from WAYYY back when Jackie was a kitten... She's pictured here with Freda, my dad's Weimaraner, who passed away at the venerable age of 14 last year, and I still miss her. Seeing this pic would give me crazy feels when Freda was still alive, so yeah.

'

Freda and Jackie got along SO well - as you can clearly see here - it would amaze all of us. Jackie's favorite to cuddle with was always Freda, back then - Jack's always been VERY dog-like for a cat, though. She's being so adorably possessive of Freda here :xd: That thing with her paw outstretched on Freda's nose is something she still does to my hand - she'll place her paw right on it with some actual pressure, like she is holding it down! And then she'll either lick it or lie her head down on it. That said, her possessiveness can be a bit much at times.

Like, it was a bit awkward when I was staying with my friend who was a goon this past spring. Jackie would go and cuddle with her and spend time with her (I'd tell Jackie to!) but it would be like, one hour out of ten she'd spend with her, maybe, and the rest of the time she was either glued to me or off sleeping in a nook/cranny somewhere. She said she had never seen a cat nearly as devoted to a human as Jackie was to me, which made me pretty happy. I'd just feel embarrassed like, lying on my narrow cot with this big cat cuddled up against me and half on my lap, purring at crazy decibels, BARELY fitting on the cot... and I can only imagine what we looked like - my friend would just look at us and say we looked "ridiculously resplendent", which we probably did :3:

kaworu fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jul 29, 2020

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Once that sweet sweet second check comes in we're getting a litter robot. Hurry up and stimulus me drat it

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Len posted:

Once that sweet sweet second check comes in we're getting a litter robot. Hurry up and stimulus me drat it

I'm strongly, STRONGLY considering doing the same thing with mine.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

mistaya posted:

I'm strongly, STRONGLY considering doing the same thing with mine.

Honestly if I were guaranteed 40 hour work weeks during this I would have ordered it already, but as it turns out nobody is ordering non-food or pharmaceutical grade chemicals

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

All this talk of it is making me think about one too. The fact that it can just use whatever the gently caress litter and trash bags makes it more appealing because I was misinformed thinking it had to use Their Litter(tm) and Their Bags(tm).

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I got a kitten just under two weeks ago (she's about 10 weeks old now), basically my first.* She was litter-trained before I got her and started using the box from the very beginning. Thing is, the litter I'd bought--some generic, lightweight clumping one--has been making me sneeze something awful so yesterday evening I went and got these pellety, pinewood things which seems to have instantly cleared up my dust allergy or whatever. End result, my cat is refusing to use the box and instead pees on the duvet with me under it. :argh:

How do I get her to make the change? If I pick her up and put her in the box she freaks and jumps straight out.

*File photo included for reference.

Mordja fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Jul 30, 2020

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Mordja posted:

I got a kitten just under two weeks ago (she's about 10 weeks old now), basically my first.* She was litter-trained before I got her and started using the box from the very beginning. Thing is, the litter I'd bought--some generic, lightweight clumping one--has been making me sneeze something awful so yesterday evening I went and got these pellety, pinewood things which seems to have instantly cleared up my dust allergy or whatever. End result, my cat is refusing to use the box and instead pees on the duvet with me under it. :argh:

How do I get her to make the change? If I pick her up and put her in the box she freaks and jumps straight out.

*File photo included for reference.

Switch to a different litter, or mix the two of them together and see if she finds that acceptable?

It sounds like either it feels weird to her (hurts her feet, is less stable, who knows? is cat), or she doesn't care for how it works (e.g., not clumping the same way, holds odors too much, stays wet longer, etc.)

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

For big texture changes between litters, it's been to slowly mix in the new stuff with the old stuff a bit at a time so the cat has time to adjust to this strange new texture.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

It is a good idea to change to non-clumping in any case since apparently there are concerns with kittens getting clumping litter stuck to them and eating it. Their stomachs are only very tiny.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
How much is normal food intake for a kitten ~13 weeks old? I’m calculating at 4 lbs my kitten with known roundworm issues is taking out 9 oz of wet food daily and is still ravenous. Currently the poor cat basically eats and poops diarrhea in a random corner about 1 hour after eating and I’m trying to make up for his condition. We’ve given him 3 rounds of de-wormer from the vet (once a week) and have made up a concoction to firm up and slow the stool but we’re pretty much going insane dealing with this kitten’s gut problems that are absolutely due to worms. The dewormer seems to work for about 4 days before he goes back to having diarrhea again and pooping in a corner. There seems to be zero advice anywhere about what I can do for this situation besides harassing the hell out of my veterinarian. I’ve spent more on vet bills now for this guy than for my purebred ragdoll.

Re: litter robot. Referral link please. Between the cat illnesses and taking care of major repairs to my house I’m giving up on trying to scoop constantly with these two misfits pooping and peeing. I’ve spent over $120 in the past 3 weeks on litter because we’re constantly keeping it fresh out of concern for the worm situation spreading to our other kitten

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
Let's try this again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH8iQxERiQw

DarkHorse fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jul 31, 2020

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

necrobobsledder posted:

How much is normal food intake for a kitten ~13 weeks old? I’m calculating at 4 lbs my kitten with known roundworm issues is taking out 9 oz of wet food daily and is still ravenous. Currently the poor cat basically eats and poops diarrhea in a random corner about 1 hour after eating and I’m trying to make up for his condition. We’ve given him 3 rounds of de-wormer from the vet (once a week) and have made up a concoction to firm up and slow the stool but we’re pretty much going insane dealing with this kitten’s gut problems that are absolutely due to worms. The dewormer seems to work for about 4 days before he goes back to having diarrhea again and pooping in a corner. There seems to be zero advice anywhere about what I can do for this situation besides harassing the hell out of my veterinarian. I’ve spent more on vet bills now for this guy than for my purebred ragdoll.

Re: litter robot. Referral link please. Between the cat illnesses and taking care of major repairs to my house I’m giving up on trying to scoop constantly with these two misfits pooping and peeing. I’ve spent over $120 in the past 3 weeks on litter because we’re constantly keeping it fresh out of concern for the worm situation spreading to our other kitten

Kittens should have all the food they want and as long as they're gaining, there's no standard intake afaik.

Fatigued
Feb 5, 2010
Nap Ghost

Adopted my first cat a week ago, her name is Chakra, she's a sweetie.

I've been using Dr Elsey's Cat Attract litter since I heard good things about it, is it normal for it to have a lot of dust? Pouring it or cleaning the box creates a visible dust cloud, and I can smell the dust on her after she uses it. Doesn't seem healthy for either of us to be breathing. Maybe I'm over worrying?

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
Some litter types are more dusty than others, I do assume they fabricate it in a way that's safe? Idk, I like taking the boxes outside to replace the litter completely because our place is small and the dust is annoying when disposing and adding big amounts of litter. Katya likes to roll around in the fresh litter but remains undusty when doing her regular business so it's never been an issue.

Spikes32
Jul 25, 2013

Happy trees

necrobobsledder posted:

Just FYI, it might not automatically run when the kitten gets inside if they're too light.

You can stop scooping too with $25 off the new Litter-Robot III Open Air! http://share.litter-robot.com/TFnCs

Txxt
Dec 11, 2004
My girlfriend and I finally picked up a kitten, and I cant say how much the LR3 has helped. He had diarrhea for nearly 2 weeks and the initial times he went it was absolutely foul. So the carbon filter and no scooping was a god send. He is better now, but I'm not sure how we would have made it through that period without having to empty almost every cleaning chemical onto the carpet.

Even then we used nearly a full bottle of the orange cleaner that seems to be popular w cat owners...

Here's the little one too:

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006

Back foot floof

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

:nws: that paw fluff or trim it.

I've used three different kinds of litter in the last while: Tidy Cats Free & Clean is pretty good and virtually dust-free, but doesn't dry efficiently and forms lots of little clumps that fall through most scoopers. Fresh Step Ultra is probably the best at clumping and drying, but it's dusty and tracks more. Naturally Fresh Walnut Litter works surprisingly well and seemed to be the longest-lasting and most cost-effective, but it also tracks and is extremely dusty despite the claims of no silicate dust (I mean what do I care if it's fiber or cellulose or some poo poo, it still deposits fine brown particles everywhere). I'm not really fully satisfied with any of them but not sure what I could try next.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
When it comes to stray cats that turn up, how do you judge if it's okay to adopt it? We've had one come up recently. Haven't seen it around before, in fact we live not far from a busy road(1/8th mile or so) so I don't really see many cats that are outside cats at all. She wasn't malnourished but she is a bit skinny,(and was very hungry) you can feel her shoulderblades really easily when you pet her. Has a sort of minor ulcer looking wound on her shoulder. I will see if I can find her before it gets too late in the next day or so and take her to the vet, they can check out the wound and check for a chip. Other than that and posting around in the local neighborhood groups, would it be messed up if we adopted her? I'm afraid if she keeps running around too long she'll get hit by a car or attacked by a dog. She's very affectionate and kind of young it looks like. I wonder if she's a kitten someone got then threw out after a few months, or perhaps an escaped inside cat. She does seem to have a routine of some kind because she tends to only pop up after 6pm or so. We've fed her some, so I imagine she'll hang around more at all hours if she doesn't have a home to go to.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

The general procedure, iirc, is to have a vet check for a chip, check local lost-pet ads, and try to post a found-pet ad for a few weeks. If there's no chip and no evidence anyone is looking for her, it's cool to adopt her!

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

You can try a paper collar with a message on it asking if someone is taking care of the cat

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
How would I make something like that that wouldn't just fall off/get rained on/etc? Also I'm guessing I can explain to the vet what happened and they will take her description and my info/etc in case someone comes looking? I'm worried she's going to get killed. I live in a dense townhouse area and she likes to chill under cars when no one is around to pet her.

Also might have some questions later about socializing a cat with a dog. I posted in the dog thread that I was a bit worried because the dog sometimes attacks birds/squirrels(but other than that is usually very non aggressive), but we let them meet while highly supervised and the dog wasn't aggressive at all, just really curious. Would obviously be very careful about it if the cat stayed with us. Right now if I let her in to hang out I keep her in my room with me.

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Aug 1, 2020

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

you just fold it a few times and tape it, if it falls off you can try a few times

https://www.missinganimalresponse.com/pet-detectives/paper-collars-is-this-your-cat/

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I think I was successful! I made it a bit loose on purpose so it wouldn't bother her, she doesn't seem to mind it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

My first cats were Himalayans, and were very easy to keep from biting. If they went to nip I just do the loud "EP!" thing, they cut that down pretty fast.
Then I had a Maine Coon, an absolutely glorious cat, she didn't nip much either and figured out what was and wasn't ok pretty fast too.

Now I have Lychee, the bengal

an incredibly beautiful kitten. So high energy but she gets all the attention she needs and lots and lots of very active play. Shes about two months old now, older than in the picture. The problem is, the "EP!" method doesn't seem to be working at all. The older she gets the better she gets at biting. She goes for ankles, she goes for fingers, and now she goes for wrists. It's nothing angry, it's just play but shes pretty drat strong for a 2 month old kitten. I kind of expected this, given the breed, but I can't just let her go around biting. Does anyone have any other strategies that might work with a bengal I could try?

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006
Love is when you have a wonderful little furball in your lap, napping.

Then she wakes up and farts.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

How would I make something like that that wouldn't just fall off/get rained on/etc? Also I'm guessing I can explain to the vet what happened and they will take her description and my info/etc in case someone comes looking? I'm worried she's going to get killed. I live in a dense townhouse area and she likes to chill under cars when no one is around to pet her.

Also might have some questions later about socializing a cat with a dog. I posted in the dog thread that I was a bit worried because the dog sometimes attacks birds/squirrels(but other than that is usually very non aggressive), but we let them meet while highly supervised and the dog wasn't aggressive at all, just really curious. Would obviously be very careful about it if the cat stayed with us. Right now if I let her in to hang out I keep her in my room with me.

My advice about cats and dogs is to keep an eye on them for the first few interactions, but always remember that if a cat doesn't want a dog bothering it then it absolutely WILL let the dog know about it. Everyone always wants to treat a cat/dog interaction as if the cat is completely defenseless, but if a dog isn't really aggressive or prey driven then more times than not the dog is going to be the one running away once the cat gets bothered enough.

Also, try to be sure to have a few spots that the dog can't get to but the cat can so that the cat has somewhere to retreat before it gets bothered enough.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

So this morning I learned:

- Peanut enjoys the outdoors
- Peanut enjoyed meeting the local tabby cat
- The local tabby cat was not so sure about meeting Peanut
- Peanut can be lured from under a car with her fish on a stick
- I'm glad we live in a super quiet neighbourhood
- I need to fix the front door so it doesn't spring open if you close it wrong

:doh:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Spikes32 posted:

Just FYI, it might not automatically run when the kitten gets inside if they're too light.

You can stop scooping too with $25 off the new Litter-Robot III Open Air! http://share.litter-robot.com/TFnCs

So i'm clicking this link but i don't see the $25 off

Also Bean is a heckabig chonk, will she fit in this thing?

Len fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Aug 1, 2020

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

Len posted:

So i'm clicking this link but i don't see the $25 off

Also Bean is a heckabig chonk, will she fit in this thing?

Just tried it it shows up when you check out

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Buff Hardback posted:

Just tried it it shows up when you check out

It's only on the base model with none of the bundles, lame

Edit: now the $25 goes off

Edit 2: in 3-4 weeks i should have a litter robot. I figure i'll either have a stimulus check by then or i can wait till tax time to pay it off

Len fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Aug 1, 2020

HatchetDown
Jan 6, 2007

Jesus, Nemo you alright?! Spaz! .... Stop Smiling!
So, I've had my cat around my dog since she was a kitten and she's 3 now. All of a sudden I walk in with my dog and the cat is treating my dog like a raccoon we let in the house. She's following my dog around the house growling and hissing at her and I can't stress enough how sudden it is. Last night they were sleeping in the same bed for goodness sake.

The only thing I can even remotely attribute to this is because my dog ran out of my backyard and I let her in through the front door instead but I can't imagine my cat really suddenly is treating my dog this way only for that reason. I even took her out the front door and back around through the backyard to see if that worked but it didn't.

It doesn't seem like a dominance thing either, shes not arching her back shes staying low to the ground and making herself small, its bizarre.

Any idea what I should do?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

HatchetDown posted:

So, I've had my cat around my dog since she was a kitten and she's 3 now. All of a sudden I walk in with my dog and the cat is treating my dog like a raccoon we let in the house. She's following my dog around the house growling and hissing at her and I can't stress enough how sudden it is. Last night they were sleeping in the same bed for goodness sake.

The only thing I can even remotely attribute to this is because my dog ran out of my backyard and I let her in through the front door instead but I can't imagine my cat really suddenly is treating my dog this way only for that reason. I even took her out the front door and back around through the backyard to see if that worked but it didn't.

It doesn't seem like a dominance thing either, shes not arching her back shes staying low to the ground and making herself small, its bizarre.

Any idea what I should do?

Did the dog do something outside that may have made her smell weird / unfamiliar? A vet visit, rolling around in something strange, whatever? Most cases I've heard about where cats are treating familiar animals like scary strangers are the result of the other animal picking up a weird smell, and they'll generally pass in a day or two as the weird smell wears off.

Severing
Aug 26, 2017

I've had my first cat (Loki) for about 6 months now (he's 9 months old) and due to Covid haven't been able to get him a suitable friend until recently. We bought Odie 2 weeks ago and followed the advice in the thread to give him his own space (our bedroom + ensuite) seperate from Loki. Odie is 14 weeks old and Loki is desexed.

We've been doing the feeding thing near the door and even purchased a door net so they could see each other while they eat. Things were going well, so we started face to face introductions a couple of days ago.

Initially face to face was going ok. However, Loki gradually seems to get more agitated by Odies presence, becomes fixated on him (while Odie doesn't give a gently caress and happily plays with toys) and starts escalating violence.

I've had to pull Loki off Odie twice now where he's jumped on him and grabbed him by the neck. There isn't a lot of hissing or extreme violence going on until this happens though.

What should I do about it? Should I reduce the frequency/length of introductions? What else can I do to get Loki to relax? I feel like we are close to getting this working, we just need that one more thing to crack it.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Severing posted:

I've had my first cat (Loki) for about 6 months now (he's 9 months old) and due to Covid haven't been able to get him a suitable friend until recently. We bought Odie 2 weeks ago and followed the advice in the thread to give him his own space (our bedroom + ensuite) seperate from Loki. Odie is 14 weeks old and Loki is desexed.

We've been doing the feeding thing near the door and even purchased a door net so they could see each other while they eat. Things were going well, so we started face to face introductions a couple of days ago.

Initially face to face was going ok. However, Loki gradually seems to get more agitated by Odies presence, becomes fixated on him (while Odie doesn't give a gently caress and happily plays with toys) and starts escalating violence.

I've had to pull Loki off Odie twice now where he's jumped on him and grabbed him by the neck. There isn't a lot of hissing or extreme violence going on until this happens though.

What should I do about it? Should I reduce the frequency/length of introductions? What else can I do to get Loki to relax? I feel like we are close to getting this working, we just need that one more thing to crack it.
How bad is this violence once Loki starts fighting? Are there claws out, arched back, poofy tail, loud "YOU WILL loving DIE!" screeching? If so then you have to go back to step one and start from scratch. If it's just swatting (with claws retracted) and a bunch of roughhousing then they're playing/Loki establishing a pecking order. This is fine and encouraged because at some point Loki is going to figure out that other kitten is here to stay. Remember, cats play hard, and a 9 month kitten is an adolescent rear end in a top hat with a lot of energy and few scruples.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HatchetDown
Jan 6, 2007

Jesus, Nemo you alright?! Spaz! .... Stop Smiling!

Antivehicular posted:

Did the dog do something outside that may have made her smell weird / unfamiliar?

I don't think she did but I did lose sight of her for a few minutes while she was running around the house. Theres nothing really outside I can think of that would do that even if she rolled around but I can't guarantee. I guess we'll see in the coming days, cross your fingers. And thank you for the quick reply!