Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
All they have to do is walk out of the barrier and that is the end of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
well I chose a loving hell of a time to catch up after a half-year or so

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Bad Seafood posted:

Don't post unmarked spoilers before the chapter is even available for everyone to read; especially not when they're spoilers of this magnitude.

It was available when I posted. But yeah it was not a cool thing to do, sorry.

Anyway good chapter.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Lots of people use these threads to check on whether or not a new chapter's been released, as opposed to combing through the Internet themselves. Even if the most recent chapter is already available somewhere, there are several people who aren't going to know about it until they check this thread for links...only to get spoiled instead.

Paranoia and anger over spoilers is pretty whatever in my opinion, but this isn't the first time you've done this. Show some common courtesy, please.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Mach20 Scans are live
https://bato.to/reader#e396d189f3acaf1f

Very powerful chapter, the role call was a great idea and very well executed for how simple it is.

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013
Didn't think I'd ever say this, but I prefer the Mangastream version. The script is more beautiful.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Bad Seafood posted:

Lots of people use these threads to check on whether or not a new chapter's been released, as opposed to combing through the Internet themselves. Even if the most recent chapter is already available somewhere, there are several people who aren't going to know about it until they check this thread for links...only to get spoiled instead.

Paranoia and anger over spoilers is pretty whatever in my opinion, but this isn't the first time you've done this. Show some common courtesy, please.

Indeed it's why I apologized. I will try to not do so again in the future. Common sense just sometimes vanishes from me.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
New Chapter

Boy, is it really dusty in here.... :cry:

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Class A... Did something nice!??!?!

Then again I guess when you have their petty bullshit contrasted against the likes of government conspiracies, psychotic murder junkies, and sociopathic spousal abuse-y mad scientists it kind of throws high school bullying into perspective

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Remember kids, if you do well enough in school and your teacher asks nicely, well, then your parents will get back together!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Gyges posted:

Remember kids, if you do well enough in school and your teacher asks nicely, well, then your parents will get back together!
Yeah despite all I loved about Assassination Classroom, the biggest problem was making Nagisa's mom loving nuts and then just sweeping it right under the rug, which is pretty obvious here more than anywhere else.

I know executive meddling and all that, but she probably shouldn't have shown up at all again, if anything.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
the contrast between how good the rest of the manga was and how tasteless the child abuse segments were is honestly mindblowing

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It was either a poorly thought out idea or they were told to shovel it under the rug. Either way it's a pretty blatant low point.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
New chapter is out. http://readms.com/r/assassination_classroom/179/3289/1

Yanagisawa survived getting knocked through the barrier. But he got super screwed up and can no longer function on his own. (Can can't even turn his head on his own) His research was also rejected. I almost feel sorry for the guy.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Mar 11, 2016

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
They shoulda kept all the money!

Also it's kinda weird. No one talks about the anime adaptation but it's actually pretty good even if it's just turning manga pages into animation. Also the season 2 OP is really catchy.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Eej posted:

Also the season 2 OP is really catchy.

Yeah it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iug12DnMNHQ

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
So just one chapter left?

It's totally going to end with Nagisa being a teacher using the class E building.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zerilan posted:

So just one chapter left?

It's totally going to end with Nagisa being a teacher using the class E building.

That seems like the obvious thing, yeah.

Plot twist: Karma uses it for whatever crazy thing he's doing nowadays, Nagisa is nowhere to be seen for the rest of the series.

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013

Roland Jones posted:

That seems like the obvious thing, yeah.

Plot twist: Karma uses it for whatever crazy thing he's doing nowadays, Nagisa is nowhere to be seen for the rest of the series.

Last page will be Nagisa killing the a big shot or something -_-

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Bitch sensei infiltrates the middle east only to discover nagisa has already assassinated all of ISIS leadership under the cover of being a teacher

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Arkeus posted:

Last page will be Nagisa killing the a big shot or something -_-

To be honest I really wouldn't be surprised if the last chapter is Nagisa teaching by day and assassinating by night but who knows.

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013
The anime adaptation of season 2 cuts out a lot of stuff. Great material, too. They axed the best parts of the freerunning game - the part where the kids actually win instead of just running out the clock. They also removed Takebayashi's arc, which is one of my favorites, but they're apparently releasing it as a set of four webisodes. Why? I have no idea. All together, they're about the same length as a standard anime episode. There's absolutely no reason why they couldn't have just made the season 26 episodes instead of 25.

But here's something from the latest chapter, and maybe it's a bit pedantic, but it's also so egregious that I can't let it pass. They claim that the Moon will crumble into a smaller sphere and move into a lower orbit because of the explosion, and that in the end the world's situation will be similar to what it was before. No loving way. If it were a molten body, it would have enough gravity to form into a sphere, sure. But it's not. It's already solidish, so it would become potato-shaped, and it would take a long time.

It also implies that the gravitational effect of the Moon would be similar, which is important because lots of marine life depends on the Moon to circulate nutrients in the oceans. But here's what that would mean. The Moon now has only 30% of its original volume, so for simplicity let's say that's also 30% of its original mass, even though planetoids are denser at their cores. Gravity decreases in strength at distance at a rate of 1/r^2, so in order to have the same gravity, the new orbit would go from an average radius of 385,000 km to about 211,000 km. All right, that doesn't sound so bad, does it? Well, not so fast. Its orbit would also become a hell of a lot more eccentric, meaning elliptical. So sometimes tides would be barely there, and others they'd be massively larger than anything we see today. Say goodbye to beaches forever. Geosynchronous satellites would have their orbits adversely affected during these times as well.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
Same, honestly

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Yeah, just ignoring the moon's gravity and orbit would have been a much better idea.

At least we'll know if Neil Degrasse Tyson reads this in a couple weeks.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Counterpoint to all the moon stuff:
Antimatter tentacle cells

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Kyte posted:

Counterpoint to all the moon stuff:
Antimatter tentacle cells

I mean if you're going to make bullshit magical stuff, that's fine and perfectly anime.

But like, trying to describe actual physics and poo poo and being 100% factually incorrect about it is a different matter.

It's like that recent chapter of Suicide Island where the author did one of his little Facts About Surviving!!! side note thing mid-chapter, and listed a bunch of safe to eat plants on tropical islands around Japan. Except two of the ones he listed are very poisonous. There were a few other "facts" that were completely untrue as well, apparently.

Lesson here is, manga authors are not astrophysicists or professional survivalists and should not be expected to know these things, but if they do include this misinformation, it's not unreasonable to say "well that was stupid of them to put in there". It's like if Naruto had a sideplot about setting up a mortgage but got it all completely wrong, and not for the purpose of humor. There's a distinct difference between that, and magical ninja bullshit, because that's not based in reality, while the rules of a mortgage are pretty concrete.

In conclusion,

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

I mean the dude didn't want to use it as more than a symbol for the passing of time.

The effects on the tides and poo poo aren't important to the story, and lol if you think he was going to waste pages in the last 2 emotional chapters of a series about it

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Erg posted:

I mean the dude didn't want to use it as more than a symbol for the passing of time.

The effects on the tides and poo poo aren't important to the story, and lol if you think he was going to waste pages in the last 2 emotional chapters of a series about it

The only reason anyone is commenting on it is because he did waste pages in the last 2 emotional chapters of a series about it.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Gyges posted:

The only reason anyone is commenting on it is because he did waste pages in the last 2 emotional chapters of a series about it.

I'm saying that the important part is that it's returning to normal, symbolizing the passage of time and that the visible proof that this amazing teacher of theirs existed is slowly fading

What's not important is the real world ramifications of the moon reforming into a smaller one, it's the emotional poo poo attached to it

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Erg posted:

I'm saying that the important part is that it's returning to normal, symbolizing the passage of time and that the visible proof that this amazing teacher of theirs existed is slowly fading

What's not important is the real world ramifications of the moon reforming into a smaller one, it's the emotional poo poo attached to it

If he had presented the symbol of the crumbling moon and left it at that it no one would have said anything. It's that he went and tried and drop some bad science while doing that has anyone commenting. Even then, the commenting is pretty much limited to, "wish he hadn't decided to drop some bad science there."

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Gyges posted:

If he had presented the symbol of the crumbling moon and left it at that it no one would have said anything. It's that he went and tried and drop some bad science while doing that has anyone commenting. Even then, the commenting is pretty much limited to, "wish he hadn't decided to drop some bad science there."

It benefits from the explanation, however bs it is, that the moon is going to reform and life's going back to normal. It's a lead in to the thought that the visual proof of Korosensei's influence on the world is fading, and gives context that some time has passed to the following page where the moon is mostly reformed.

The accurate explanation doesn't add any extra benefit to the story, has more nuances that have to be explained, and isn't really going to matter to most people.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Even having typed all that out, I'm guessing that neither of us are going to budge or even really concede a point to each other so

whatever, it's a good series and I'm glad it's going out well

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013
It would have been better to say that the world has been changed forever, but people are doing their best to adapt. That's what the story has been about, after all. Growing and changing and maturing.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Invictus has been trying to get me to read this but I dunno man, if they can't even get moon science right what good is the rest of it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah. Series bad, don't read it

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
The moon has to become spherical by the end. How else will it coincidentally look like Korosensei?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Huh, just caught the anime on TV and Rio's voice isn't what I expected.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
its nice to read a shounen that actually kept to a reasonable time limit instead of just going on forever

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Welp.

AssClass is over.

It was a beautiful journey.

Meaningless Korean Scans: http://www.shencomics.com/archives/1198191

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
The end is here - http://readms.com/r/assassination_classroom/180%20%5BEND%5D/3301/1

• Locked thread