Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ideal Jeff Jarrett Challenger?
Alberto El Patron
AJ Styles
Bobby Lashley
Tyler Black (Final Battle is after his non-compete is up)
View Results

• Locked thread
Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

KungFu Grip posted:

they can but they still lose money because hammerstein charges a lot

Yeah their last Hammerstein show was War of the Worlds 14 and sold out but it's apparently not worth it with the current rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
it's going to be terminal 5 and i'm gonna be real mad about it

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

sportsgenius86 posted:

When I went to Dragon's Reign in Belle Vernon, the guy behind me bent his metal chair halfway through the Elgin-ACH match to an almost 90 degree angle and had to get a new one at intermission.
I've seriously never seen anything like it.
I was imagining a dude getting so hyped for nearfalls that he was standing and clutching the back of his chair and twisted it out of pure hypeness and thought that sounded pretty incredible, but then realized what you meant, which is also pretty incredible.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I hope Meltzer is right and they have a show in Michigan. It's not that Chicago or Toronto are THAT much farther to travel, but convenience wise it would be awesome

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Dearborn, MI - May 9th
Toronto - May 11th
New York - May 14th

New York is at Terminal 5.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Looks like NYC for me due to date and hopefully I can meet up with some of you guys that came to FoH.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Toronto show is on a loving Wednesday. Gonna make it hard to go to.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
show in Dearborn? finally, my sweet boys are coming to me!

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Thauros posted:

Looks like NYC for me due to date and hopefully I can meet up with some of you guys that came to FoH.

Not me, unfortunately. 14th is my wife's birthday.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Blast Fantasto posted:

New York is at Terminal 5.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

RaceyBucket posted:

Toronto show is on a loving Wednesday. Gonna make it hard to go to.

Haha wow. Guess TO isn't a priority for ROH this time around

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

roh fell asleep at the switch and didn't put the global wars tickets on sale until like 9:49 when they were meant to go up at 9 lol. at least if they had waited until 10 they could have said it was a time zone mistake instead of giving a ticket-buying advantage to the weirdos like me persistent enough to refresh the page for an hour. looks like all the reserved seating sold out either way

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Feb 5, 2016

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Took 14 years but we are here:

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/695800896211591168

Get Jan to wake up Jim.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

rovert posted:

Took 14 years but we are here:

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/695800896211591168

Get Jan to wake up Jim.

TitusTron

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/MLW/status/696103904522694656

I guess ROH has come into a bit of money since SBG bought that Tennis channel recently and Wrestling will be filler content between all the College sports it has.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
That looks like the same setup they had at Final Battle

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

maybe im not used to seeing it in the light

all the barriers are different than the ones i saw at the last chicago show

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I like it

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

I hope all the side trons look like that for every wrestler.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

im glad sinclair is spending money on roh

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
It looks super professional. ROH has come such a long way, production values wise. Their TV still needs work, mind.....

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

triplexpac posted:

I hope all the side trons look like that for every wrestler.

The future is here

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

drat decade's looks cool

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
They're going to be running new buildings this year that either have built in lighting or can support the new lighting rig.

What was surprising was when they announced the May Chicago show was still at Frontier Fieldhouse as I was told they were getting a new Chicago venue.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

rovert posted:

They're going to be running new buildings this year that either have built in lighting or can support the new lighting rig.

What was surprising was when they announced the May Chicago show was still at Frontier Fieldhouse as I was told they were getting a new Chicago venue.

Hope they run an actual decent venue in Pittsburgh for once. I know their last show in the area in California PA had a disappointing gate, but they always drew ok at Rostraver and maybe if they find something that's at least in the same goddamn county....

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Thauros posted:

Hope they run an actual decent venue in Pittsburgh for once. I know their last show in the area in California PA had a disappointing gate, but they always drew ok at Rostraver and maybe if they find something that's at least in the same goddamn county....

I'd be happy if they ran Wheeling more. I know that's a hike but that arena is pretty perfect for ROH

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Thinking about getting a Ringside Membership so I can get access to the early NYC tickets because I never want to stand in the GA at Terminal 5 ever again

are tickets going to go on sale some time this month?

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I'm quite excited for MOOSE vs Okada. In fact I'm pretty excited for the 14th anniversary show.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

rovert posted:

Are they not running ECW Arena anymore? No way that thing fits in there.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
they'll probably just run TVs with that setup and use the old rig for house shows because you don't need a fancy setup for them

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I'm bummed there's not a Philly NJPW show again this year

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Super No Vacancy posted:

drat decade's looks cool

Yeah for sure, that's awesome

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

triplexpac posted:

Yeah for sure, that's awesome

Do you think the new setup is why they're not running the Reeve for a weekend show and a PPV/Taping?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

flashy_mcflash posted:

Do you think the new setup is why they're not running the Reeve for a weekend show and a PPV/Taping?

I could see that maybe being the case, I can't imagine it fitting comfortably in that space. But I'm not sure what venues ROH runs regularly anymore, I guess the days of running lovely little armories and stuff might be in the past?

They could do it in the Ryerson/Maple Leaf Gardens venue, but I think they got hosed price wise on there so they won't be hurrying back.

Hopefully in the next couple years they'll make the big TNA bucks and can run Ricoh.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Goto vs. Ishii in ROH. Neat I guess but not that exciting to have a match we can see any time in NJPW on an ROH show for some reason.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Flipps announced FITE.TV, basically a new GoFightLive-type service where you can see free and PPV events from MMA, wrestling, and boxing

ROH, TNA, and WWNLive signed on to offer their events there. JR's the public face and will likely be commentating for all of the above at some point. http://www.f4wonline.com/other-wrestling/jim-ross-signs-flipps-fite-tv-more-commentary-come-207251

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

WOTW NYC on presale tomorrow, general sale Friday. Dearborn & Toranto presale Friday, general sale Monday: http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/wotw-tickets-sale-week-ringside-members?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Still debating whether to drop $8 on a month sub just for them presale tickets, but holy poo poo the GA at T5 is so bad that I'd like to get a seat :(

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Feb 10, 2016

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I was hoping for Dalton Castle vs. Kenny Omega at the 14th Anniversary Show but Bullet Club Elite vs. ACH/Kushida/Sydal is fine too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

KungFu Grip posted:

I was hoping for Dalton Castle vs. Kenny Omega at the 14th Anniversary Show but Bullet Club Elite vs. ACH/Kushida/Sydal is fine too.

Could potentially still happen at the TV taping the following night

• Locked thread