Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ideal Jeff Jarrett Challenger?
Alberto El Patron
AJ Styles
Bobby Lashley
Tyler Black (Final Battle is after his non-compete is up)
View Results

• Locked thread
KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Grozz Nuy posted:

Could potentially still happen at the TV taping the following night

Nope! ACH vs Omega.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

Nope! ACH vs Omega.

Stone Cold ACH

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Wonder if that match will start a PWG chant and get Delirious mad again

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

:circlefap:

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Well that's my ticket purchased.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
If Kenny's in the States in early March that means he'll probably be at ASW12 too. Is NJPW running any shows the prior weekend?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Grozz Nuy posted:

If Kenny's in the States in early March that means he'll probably be at ASW12 too. Is NJPW running any shows the prior weekend?

The NJC tour runs 3/3 to 3/12. The champs aren't in the tournament so if Kenny's not working that tour that means that Omega's beating Tana for the IC Sunday.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Between this and the dream match of Okada/Moose I'm starting to get excited about ROH again

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/roh-stars-return-japan-honor-rising

Pretty much everyone is going to be in Japan for the Honor Rising events:

"All of the top ROH stars will be making their way to Japan including ROH World Champion JAY LETHAL, ROH World Television Champion RODERICK STRONG, "UNBREAKABLE" MICHAEL ELGIN, reDRagon, the YOUNG BUCKS, the BRISCOES, MATT SYDAL, and DELIRIOUS!

Due to personal family issues preventing him from leaving the United States, ADAM COLE will not be participating on the HONOR RISING events on February 19th and 20th from Japan.

FRANKIE KAZARIAN has been added to the events and will participate on both February 19th and 20th.

Honor Rising will also feature the Japanese debuts of DALTON CASTLE and MOOSE! The event will be broadcast live on New Japan World at NJPWWorld.com"

This is gonna be fun as hell.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Adam Cole is a felon who cannot leave the United States

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
I got a seat for WOTW in NYC, row 9 in section D. Probably going to be hard to see but at least I won't be shoving people up on the balcony this time

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

abraham linksys posted:

I got a seat for WOTW in NYC, row 9 in section D. Probably going to be hard to see but at least I won't be shoving people up on the balcony this time

About a dozen of us will be in section c row 4.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Why the gently caress would you bring over Kazarian and not Daniels? Why not bring over ACH, Cederic Alexander, or Cheeseburger?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

KungFu Grip posted:

Why the gently caress would you bring over Kazarian and not Daniels? Why not bring over ACH, Cederic Alexander, or Cheeseburger?

Scheduling and visas probably.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Kind of surprised that no one here posted about the Kevin Keenan referee firing.

Everyone I talked to in and around ROH about it including eye witnesses said Kevin was completely in the wrong. Also Keenan's statement was loving moronic. But there's people involved the Wrestle Pro (PWS's new name essentially) or that from the New Jersey scene are defending him. So this won't go away anytime soon and may blow up further.

But there's one big picture thing I need to point out. Kevin Keenan was broken into Wrestling by Jeff Jones of ECW fame. Jeff Jones is the ROH office and above Delirious in the pecking order and has closer ties to Sinclair. Keenan is Jeff's boy and was his locker room stooge. Firing Keenan many come back to haunt Delirious.

On the other hand Joe Koff considers Delirious like a son. But even so Koff is rumoured to be retiring somewhat soon as he's 66 years old I think. Greg Gilliland aka "Greg The Office Boy" as Cornette has referred to him is Koff's likely replacement.

rovert fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Feb 13, 2016

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

you can tell the dude is a moron from his statement and his twitter so presumably everyone took him to be a moron and didn't post about something that should be resolved already

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Super No Vacancy posted:

you can tell the dude is a moron from his statement and his twitter so presumably everyone took him to be a moron and didn't post about something that should be resolved already

I hoped/hoping it would go away. As all the muted Delirious successors are really grim - Jeff Jones, Truth Martini, Kevin Kelly. But there's all manner of hysteria going around. Everything up to Delirious being gone as booker after the next PPV. Which I don't think will happen as Koff and the ROH locker room back Delirious.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

afaik mandy and delirious aren't even an official couple and nobody knows for sure so his already gross deflection of the reason he was fired is total hearsay

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Wow I totally missed Jeff Jones being in the ROH office.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

oatgan posted:

afaik mandy and delirious aren't even an official couple and nobody knows for sure so his already gross deflection of the reason he was fired is total hearsay

Yep. As I keep telling people pretty much every female in Pro Wrestling gets it claimed about them.

MassRafTer posted:

I've been told in the past that he handles the ROH Twitter too.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

rovert posted:

Yep. As I keep telling people pretty much every female in Pro Wrestling gets it claimed about them.

aagh so close

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

I don't think the optics of firing your booker for firing a (self-admitted) sexual harasser would look very good for Sinclair. It would probably look worse than Vince McMahon is racist against "arm-grabbers".

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

MagicCube posted:

I don't think the optics of firing your booker for firing a (self-admitted) sexual harasser would look very good for Sinclair. It would probably look worse than Vince McMahon is racist against "arm-grabbers".

But Delirious has been Assistant Booker/Booker since August 2010 and ROH's booking is done more by committee than ever. ROH MIGHT be being going to the next level too. So like with happened to Gabe ROH's owners might think they need a new vision to take the promotion to the next level. Again I don't think anything will happen to Delirious but all I am saying there's scope for ROH removing him from his position.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

MassRafTer posted:

Yeah. I wonder what he was doing during his wilderness years after his ECW exit and now.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

joel gertner was working for roh's offices for a year after the sinclair buyout too. he was gone when cornette was gone. jones was his replacement.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I remember Jeff Jones no-showed Francine's ECW reunion show years ago and absolutely no one knew what happened to the guy

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
Even if the two were loving, why would any fans care? It's not like it's giving someone who isn't very good that the fans don't like a huge push. It's someone the booker may or may not have the hots for getting a 3 minute interview segment to serve as a buffer between matches. It just sounds like a weak defense for this guy to have done something he knows was wrong.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

duyarvish posted:

Even if the two were loving, why would any fans care? It's not like it's giving someone who isn't very good that the fans don't like a huge push. It's someone the booker may or may not have the hots for getting a 3 minute interview segment to serve as a buffer between matches. It just sounds like a weak defense for this guy to have done something he knows was wrong.

Didn't Dave Prazak get fired for making fun of Daizee Haze on commentary when she was loving Delirious

I see a trend here

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
The dude's defense of himself did loving own though

He randomly went back and forth between calling her 'the talent' and 'her actual full name'

He started by acting like he did absolutely nothing wrong and no one thought it was a big deal, and then two paragraphs later he's admitting he was wrong

He totally goes off the rails to just start ranting about someone else being the real bad person!!

Dude should get into writing wrestling storylines instead of being a ref

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

EugeneJ posted:

Didn't Dave Prazak get fired for making fun of Daizee Haze on commentary when she was loving Delirious

I see a trend here

I never heard this. I always thought Prazak was just let go because they brought in Kevin Kelly.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Wait what happened?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

after a show a bunch of roh people were having drinks at a bar and one of the referees smacked mandy leon on the rear end and was fired for it

his side of the story was that it's totes cool because they know each other and that delirious only fired him because he's loving mandy so actually delirious is the bad guy here because ethically a boss should not be in a relationship with a subordinate

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

shut up eugenej

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Lesson learned, in OBAMAS America, don't go smacking your female coworker's rear end.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

HulkaMatt posted:

I never heard this. I always thought Prazak was just let go because they brought in Kevin Kelly.

IIRC Prazak was told to put over Hayze's appearance after the photos of her looking anorexic went viral, and he did it really sarcastically and got canned

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
When did Delirious and Daizee stop being a thing?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
In storyline what are Dalton's boys? Is he supposed to be loving them? I don't watch roh but that storyline seems amazing.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
To my knowledge they've never implied that, they're just his entourage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Bigass Moth posted:

In storyline what are Dalton's boys? Is he supposed to be loving them? I don't watch roh but that storyline seems amazing.

They're backup dancers and assistants. I mean maybe he's loving them but that's between him and them.

• Locked thread