Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

latinotwink1997 posted:

I don’t know how I feel about dragon mage in Omni. It can just as likely screw you over if you can’t go off with it before setting up your opponent to go off.

I liked it because it was fun for both me and my opponent and I can't even begin to take Omni draft seriously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah I just can’t get invested in a format that is inherently so unbalanced. It’s neat to see Magic played in such a different way that it feels like. Completely new game, but the game it feels like in uninteractive and unfun.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

latinotwink1997 posted:

I don’t know how I feel about dragon mage in Omni. It can just as likely screw you over if you can’t go off with it before setting up your opponent to go off.

I did dragon mage + rule of law like the cool kids but they disenchanted my rule of law

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

I don't know if it's possible to have some idea what you're doing in omnidraft and have a worse pool than mine. Like 4x cantrips and a dragon mage, no discard, no counters, no creatures that draw a card or do anything worthwhile. Just chaf.

NOT_A_VIRUS.EXE
Dec 10, 2001
I send you this file in order to have your advice!
Wow, after going 3-1 twice in Omni Draft, I decided 3rd time is the charm and tried again. I didn't get an amazing pool of cards but took lots of creatures and draw cards. I lost my first 2 matches, thinking welp, I'm done with this bullshit format... Then proceeded to go 7-2 fairly easily. I didn't get a single Dragon Mage but I was able to steal my opponent's many times which is hilarious and made the difference in a few games.

NOT_A_VIRUS.EXE fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Sep 1, 2019

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

NOT_A_VIRUS.EXE posted:

Wow, after going 3-1 twice in Omni Draft, I decided 3rd time is the charm and tried again. I didn't get an amazing pool of cards but took lots of creatures and draw cards. I lost my first 2 matches, thinking welp, I'm done with this bullshit format... Then proceeded to go 7-0 fairly easily. I didn't get a single Dragon Mage but I was able to steal my opponent's many times which is hilarious and made the difference in a few games.

You didn’t go 7-0 you went 7-2 like geeze Louise cmon

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

pointsofdata posted:

I did dragon mage + rule of law like the cool kids but they disenchanted my rule of law

I got Vilis out in one game which was basically GG, then forgot I already had Dragon Mage. I had 4 cards in hand and then just pitched them all with Dragon Mage. Still won after that massive punt.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
Have I mentioned how much I hate Esper control?

I really hope there is nothing as good as search for azcanta or big teferi in eldraine.

NOT_A_VIRUS.EXE
Dec 10, 2001
I send you this file in order to have your advice!

Bust Rodd posted:

You didn’t go 7-0 you went 7-2 like geeze Louise cmon

Sorry I was too excited that I not only got 7 wins in this dumb event but it was 7 in a row after 2 losses.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

th3t00t posted:

I really hope there is nothing as good as search for azcanta or big teferi in eldraine.
It's pretty unusual to put modern class direct control cards in any set.

I wouldn't be surprised if we're entering a power down phase which is generally where blue suffers.

Funkdreamer
Jul 15, 2005

It'll be a blast
Does anyone have a flying cat yet

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Funkdreamer posted:

Does anyone have a flying cat yet

Yep

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Spiderdrake posted:

It's pretty unusual to put modern class direct control cards in any set.

I wouldn't be surprised if we're entering a power down phase which is generally where blue suffers.

Oh boy I can't wait for the endless parade of aggro and midrange goodstuff

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

7-0 with double Scholar, double Blood for Bones. My first opponent put out 20 power on turn one but didn't activate his red Cavalier for some reason. Everyone else probably didn't have much of a chance unless they had Thought Distortion, which I feared but didn't run into.

Network42
Oct 23, 2002

Speaking of, here's me living the dream t1 in omnidraft.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
getting off a doom whisperer/disinformation campaign lock in draft is hilarious

e: I am really bad at undergrowth math and that was my downfall. 4-3, yuck

Arivia fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Sep 2, 2019

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Last night drafting the bots wheeled back a Thousand Year Storm on pick 8 or so. I almost wish I'd ended in Izzet colors since the draft before that I used Divine Visitation pretty well.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Sep 2, 2019

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Justin_Brett posted:

Last night drafting the bots wheeled back a Thousand Year Storm on pick 8 or so. I almost wish I'd ended in Izzet colors since the draft before that I used Divine Visitation pretty well.

thousand year storm is not draft playable

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
I almost lived the dream of popping Nissa's ultimate on turn 4. But my opponent had a Repudiate waiting for me. Then they stole all my poo poo with Agents of Treachery, Replicate, and Spark Double.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
I've really been enjoying the Omni drafts. Sure, sometimes your hand gets wiped out by a T1 Thought Distortion or you sit around for 5 minutes while someone slowly jerks themself off with draw spells, but other times you get a T1 red Cavalier kill on the play or you draw through your entire deck and deal 27 with a Gruesome Scourger. The variance is bonkers, but at least it's kind of intentional in this case.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Had someone do the Blood for Bones, Scholar of Ages, Season of Growth+pump spell combo on turn one. He even mulligan'd down a card!

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

babypolis posted:

thousand year storm is not draft playable

Well, not with that attitude, it isn't.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Network42 posted:

Speaking of, here's me living the dream t1 in omnidraft.

Wouldn’t Thought Distortion first be better? Some dream you have :colbert:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Agent of Treachery + Portal of Sanctuary is AMAZING

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Dicking around with Nightpack Ambusher in tokens is fun. Hope the Big Bad Wolf card in Eldraine is good.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

One level away from flying cat...

MOAR
Mar 6, 2012

Death! Put your jacket on or you'll get frostbite!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The cat doesn't fly ... I wish it would fly

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Someone tried to troll me by saying good game before I attacked, killing all my attacking creatures with a spell, then spamming oops and nice. They didn't know I still had two justice strikes and an act of treason in my hand though, so it was fun to say oops and nice back after he sacrificed his single creature to bring in a 6/6 dragon I could kill him with. I was tempted to drag it out, but I figured I was better off winning when I could instead of losing trying to out-troll someone.

Funkdreamer
Jul 15, 2005

It'll be a blast

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Describe your emotions

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

Can we see why this is a bad idea for my opponent?

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

IMJack posted:

Can we see why this is a bad idea for my opponent?

It's not like it's hard to spot.

Always funny though.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
Someone tell me, though. I don't know what the cards do.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Opponent will lose from drawing 14 off the dragon mages

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
One of those Dragon Mages belonged to me but had been Act of Treasoned away.

I was at 11 cards in my library as it was. I suppose if both players get decked at the same time, it's a draw, right?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Yeah, it's a draw if all relevant draws happen at the same time. In your case, you'd win.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

It's really nice looking.

I hope they improve the pet thing a little but when everyone has different pets it'll be cool.

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
They would be separate triggers though, so if someone's under 7 they lose first.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

Network42 posted:

They would be separate triggers though, so if someone's under 7 they lose first.

Yes, they lost because the first activation decked them and the game ended before the second activation would have decked me.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Edit: nm, didn’t refresh page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Wish I had a blood for bones, casue thats all this deck needed. Still went 7-1.

Scholar recurring unsummon and act of treason was the most common win. Could also mill with sages row or ping with corpse knight.