Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

flashman posted:

I'm having a good time with my orb and meteor build. I got the orb necklace that spawns conjures, and the helmet that puts meteor on a cd instead of for mana. I use the orb enchant and the meteor enchant and I've got quite a bit of lucky hit and despite orbs low % it spawns meteors at a strong rate (almost always on a cast of meteor or teleport or w.e).

Ive got some suboptimal stuff though I been using blizzard for chill with the mana cost reduction talent and the imprint that gives me 30% Dr when I'm in my own blizzard and that's ok but could probably better allocate the skill to flame shield because orb freezes pretty fast.

Damage not an issue up to like nm 75 but lots of poo poo one shots me so I donno. Corpse bows and post death farts still the most dangerous enemies in the game which is annoying almost a year in

pretty funny that both PoE and Diablo have death effects consistently one of the most lethal things in the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
I got a Tempest Roar from my first sacred unique cache from the Iron Wolves, then I got another shortly after hitting WT4, and apparently I missed a drop because when I ported back to town to check my stash there was a Tibaults waiting for me.

Guess I can finally play Tornado Druid after wanting to since launch.

edit: An on death explosion is the only death I had all the way up to pit 50.

I don't think you really need to wait to masterwork gear. Maybe if you want to go all the way to 12/12 you should have a perfect item, but you can knock out level 29 in like 3-4 minutes and get that first 4 levels done on your gear really quickly. It is also faster to level in the pit than in NMD, so you can knock both things out at the same time.

TyrantWD fucked around with this message at 15:25 on May 18, 2024

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

bro it has been like three days

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I got a item level like 700 tempest roar.

Meh

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

How much of a difference does the 925 gear score make? Is there something in the game that puts a lot of weight on that number that makes the encounters easier? The different on weapon damage is pretty apparent, so I understand that, but for armor it's only a piddy sum from, say, an 850 piece. For example, I got a Ramaladni's Magnum Opus for my barb build, two in fact, and the 925 sword does at least 200+ damage but it has worse stats on it than the 850. I use the 925 because of the damage but I've seen armor like that too.

Last season I really didn't pay much attention to the loot stuff. I stacked the stats my build needed and really didn't care for the rest but now my friend and I are probably going to go the distance so I'm trying to understand this stuff a little better. Plus the fact that there are a lot less stats to sift through.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
If you get the Dolmen Stone on druid, it's bugged, the boulders don't spawn sometimes

Well at least I still have Andariel's from that run to play with. Doing ok so far with a trampleslide build since I also found the landslide ring

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
925 has the highest top end for the variables rolled on that gear.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Spuckuk posted:

pretty funny that both PoE and Diablo have death effects consistently one of the most lethal things in the game

Crazy annoying mechanic, especially since so much of my Dr is based on fighting (barriers, walking through my blizzard, after teleporting or what have you so then I run into a fart or get sniped with a corpse bow (still off-screen even with my new "far" zoom) and have to run through a bunch of cleared dungeon again.

On the plus side glyph xp is pretty fast so I won't need to do many nightmare dungeons relatively so

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

stringless posted:

The Iron Wolves content definitely won't be in Eternal (no big deal), and you'll struggle at best against world bosses because there won't be anyone with you (problem).

From what I've gathered your old equipment can't engage with the new system but anything new you pick up will, so if you don't want to engage with seasonal stuff you'll probably still be fine. The Pit and the Helltide update and whatnot might be seasonal only for now, though.

I did an eternal realm world boss last night and there were plenty of people. Also the helltides are definitely updated and there’s a quest to start The Pit. Pretty sure the only things you’d miss out on are the iron wolves stuff and the (free) BP rewards.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Huh. Whisper rewards are currently bugged. That's a new one.

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

Yeah it's been bugged for the last eight hours or so for some people, including me. Quick fix is apparently in QA so hopefully coming soon enough.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Season 4 rules. Just the aspect thing on its own is a monumental step up.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

DNK posted:

Season 4 rules. Just the aspect thing on its own is a monumental step up.

I love that without thinking about it I’m getting the aspects to try other builds. And aspect swapping costs are cheap, so it’s even realistic!

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Totally whiffing the temper on an otherwise god roll feels bad. There needs to be a (expensive) way to get more rolls.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

What's the best way to level when I'm at 80? Helltides don't drop 925s so I'm thinking nmds or less but don't know what's better.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
NMDs and Helltides with the elixir that bumps up the enemy level.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
NMDs are a great way to speed up the 80-100 climb since they give a preposterous amount of XP and also you want to do a small handful of high-level NMDs to get your glyphs upgraded

Profane Mindcage Helltides are also good but NMDs seem to have some sort of inherent multiplier to XP that makes them comically fast for leveling.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Yeah, I should specify Helltides with the elixir if you can get in with a group of randos summoning the boss. Otherwise NMDs are probably more consistent xp. I've been sticking with the S and A Tier ones on the Maxroll tier guide and went from 80 to 90 in like an hour last night with some Helltide boss trains mixed in.

Don't even stop to pick up loot in the NMDs, just gogogo. Anything worthwhile will be put in your stash anyway.

Also, yeah NMDs with the 20% glyph xp boost from Ashes feel really nice now. Already have my 4 main glyphs up to level 15 . I've had one, maybe two, that high at this point in the past.

Paying2Lurk fucked around with this message at 21:09 on May 18, 2024

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Alright, that's what I was doing in the 70s to get my glyphs up. I think I have 3 or 4 at 15 which was a loving slog previously. Level 60 plus ones are slower and I die more so I'm doing mid 50s quickly currently. I'm just getting tired of tides already. I feel like I have to be in for the whole hour and the timer and rotation of them is annoying.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Kaddish posted:

Totally whiffing the temper on an otherwise god roll feels bad. There needs to be a (expensive) way to get more rolls.

Yeah I wouldn't mind a way to completely blank your tempering rolls if it cost like, either a shitload of gold or some rare mats (like the Prisms or something)

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!
Looks like gems are back on the menu, I saw my fragments jump from 40-50 per drop to 200-250 per drop mid dungeon, and I got as many in the last couple hours than I had in the previous 20

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Betjeman posted:

Looks like gems are back on the menu, I saw my fragments jump from 40-50 per drop to 200-250 per drop mid dungeon, and I got as many in the last couple hours than I had in the previous 20

Also one of the final ranks of either the season Journey or the wolf clan, can't remember which, gave me thousands of each gem. Outta nowhere, gem problems solved

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So if you select Skip Campaign, does it waive the requirement to complete it on the higher world tiers if you haven't done that on any character at least once? I do want to complete it at least once but I am curious in case if I decide I don't want to later.

Also, took Druid and Sorc for a quick spin with Wind Sheer/Tornado and Frost Bolt/Frozen orb, respectively, in the tutorial dungeon. Both seem pretty cool but I am feeling Druid a bit more.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Do I really have to kill these two losers bosses 20 times each to kill duriel 10 times? What on earth. Also, there has to be something im missing about resetting them you can't have to leave the dungeon each time right?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

flashman posted:

Do I really have to kill these two losers bosses 20 times each to kill duriel 10 times? What on earth. Also, there has to be something im missing about resetting them you can't have to leave the dungeon each time right?

Yes it's dumb. You can click on the stairs icon on the map to leave though.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Unlucky7 posted:

So if you select Skip Campaign, does it waive the requirement to complete it on the higher world tiers if you haven't done that on any character at least once? I do want to complete it at least once but I am curious in case if I decide I don't want to later.

Also, took Druid and Sorc for a quick spin with Wind Sheer/Tornado and Frost Bolt/Frozen orb, respectively, in the tutorial dungeon. Both seem pretty cool but I am feeling Druid a bit more.

As far as I understand you can't do the campaign at all on a character who you choose "skip campaign" on. World tier is just a knob you turn whenever you want to change difficulty and reward. It's not like D2 normal/nightmare/hell.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Fighting 100 Duriel/Andariel is a waste. Just do the 200 versions to more efficiently convert mats into ubers

(you want to do the normal, non-Tormented versions of the grig/varsh/beast/zir fights, though)

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

SHISHKABOB posted:

As far as I understand you can't do the campaign at all on a character who you choose "skip campaign" on. World tier is just a knob you turn whenever you want to change difficulty and reward. It's not like D2 normal/nightmare/hell.

I get how it works, but I was talking about this:

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Unlucky7 posted:

I get how it works, but I was talking about this:

You just have to complete the capstone dungeon cathedral of light, if you skip the campaign.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Outlaw Sharpshooter is some uber Lilith levels of bullshit. Half a second to react to a blurry red/gray aoe marker that you can barely see. Die instantly if you mess up.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Fighting 100 Duriel/Andariel is a waste. Just do the 200 versions to more efficiently convert mats into ubers

(you want to do the normal, non-Tormented versions of the grig/varsh/beast/zir fights, though)

wait why the low level version of the ladder bosses? if you're just farming for mats? i figured they'd drop proportionately more uber mats if it took more to summon them. i assume they'd at least drop 925 uniques on their uber incarnation, which might be nice for eg. necro auto ring

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

harrygomm posted:

wait why the low level version of the ladder bosses? if you're just farming for mats? i figured they'd drop proportionately more uber mats if it took more to summon them. i assume they'd at least drop 925 uniques on their uber incarnation, which might be nice for eg. necro auto ring

Regular and tormented bosses drop the same number of Uber summons! Tormented bosses give you more loot, but you get Triple the Uber summons if you do regular

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

What tedium

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
that's a bit lame, kinda feels like a noob trap.

also lol at the new razorplate. can't host it here b/c 1MB file size limit ityool 2024 for some reason?

https://www.reddit.com/r/diablo4/comments/1cuw6bm/yeah_i_think_i_need_a_thorns_build_help/#lightbox

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

bamhand posted:

Outlaw Sharpshooter is some uber Lilith levels of bullshit. Half a second to react to a blurry red/gray aoe marker that you can barely see. Die instantly if you mess up.

i loving hate it. it’s him and his echoes, they are way overturned vs. the others.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

harrygomm posted:

also lol at the new razorplate. can't host it here b/c 1MB file size limit ityool 2024 for some reason?

https://www.reddit.com/r/diablo4/comments/1cuw6bm/yeah_i_think_i_need_a_thorns_build_help/#lightbox

:eyepop:

I was thinking Bash + Thorns Barb, but since you can Temper the affixes that give your minions some of your Thorn damage I might try it on a Companion Druid. Could be fun. And uh, I guess I'll be looking out for good Needleflares again.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Trying to make the most out of my Andariel's Visage and I had a Fleshrender laying around and I tried a poison build and drat it sucked, super tanky though

Seems like Sheperd/Stampede aspects and just spamming whatever core skill is the most damage at the moment

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
I might start trying to work on a bone spirit set. Minion necro still isn't super engaging and that was my issue with it even before they made it real good. Also the minions kind of loving off as I run into the next room is annoying.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

fknlo posted:

I might start trying to work on a bone spirit set. Minion necro still isn't super engaging and that was my issue with it even before they made it real good. Also the minions kind of loving off as I run into the next room is annoying.

Yeah I think I'm gonna switch from minions too just because it's too boring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

stringless posted:

Truth, LLJK has existed since it was possible.
Technically true, but thread consensus for months was that the old goon clans were completely dead. If LLJK is actually active again, great. If not, CONTRA is meant for people who want to play now.