Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

BigRed0427 posted:

Does anyone happen to know if it's still possible to get a ticket to Best in The World from other sources?

Side story, I just bought a ticket to the TV tapings the next night and just realized I can't go.

I've been watching StubHub since I want to upgrade from General Audience, but I've only seen like two tickets show up in the last couple weeks, and they were both GA :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

MagicCube posted:

I don't get how Lethal's time in TNA could make you not like him because it produced the best promo in wrestling history: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVU0MW-IGrM The feud with Flair made up for all the other questionable decisions.

I didn't watch much TNA because it gave me horrible WCW 2000 flashbacks, but between this promo and Jay Lethal's ROH TV title defense against Kyle O'Reilly, he's quickly becoming one of my favorites.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Lethal's great but O'Reilly has awesome matches with basically everybody.

Because he's the best.

I miss you, Kyle.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
For some reason an O'Reilly-ACH match from a PWG show maybe two years ago is one of the first that pops to my mind as one of the best matches of the last few years, even though literally no one else on earth probably ever even thinks of it.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Dutchy posted:

For some reason an O'Reilly-ACH match from a PWG show maybe two years ago is one of the first that pops to my mind as one of the best matches of the last few years, even though literally no one else on earth probably ever even thinks of it.

I absolutely know the match you're talking about, it was from BOLA 2013 (so it was almost exactly two years ago) and was probably the best match of the tournament.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

O'Reilly is the new Danielson

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Excuse me but Bobby Fish was Danielson's handpicked replacement

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

I haven't watched Lethal do anything since I still watched TNA but I'm gonna be at BITW and I'm very excited to see him in a world title match

That's right I'm going to a major ROH pay per view and I don't even watch it :smugdog:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

you will have a good time

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

MagicCube posted:

I don't get how Lethal's time in TNA could make you not like him because it produced the best promo in wrestling history: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVU0MW-IGrM The feud with Flair made up for all the other questionable decisions.

I never saw this before and it is amazing. :stare:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Willie Mack and Jay Lethal own and this is proof.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvlZXhcBzEk

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

kazarians hair was an atrocity

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The show tonight is supposed to the really amazing one, right?

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Jerusalem posted:

this is the second episode of the taping, I think, so this week is okay, but the third and fourth ones (the fourth in particular) are loads better

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I've already seen it on my local station during the weekend, it's a fun show worth watching but nothing extraordinary.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Trying to decide if I should watch NXT or ROH first, what a wonderful problem to have :)

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Jerusalem posted:

Trying to decide if I should watch NXT or ROH first, what a wonderful problem to have :)

watch ROH, then NXT, then Lucha Underground, and catch ROH on the replay

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Jerusalem posted:

It was ok. im interested to know how the tna fans will take to Dalton Castle and Cheeseburger.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
YO THESE HILLBILLIES ARE POINTING GUNS AROUND AT EACH OTHER IN THE DARK AS THEY HUNT FOR KENTUCKY BIGFOOT

THIS IS GOOD TELEVISION

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
How is the show Mountain Monsters not a bigger deal

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
They weren't alone :ohdear:

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

sportsgenius86 posted:

This is a "grass is green" thought for me

oatgan posted:

Excuse me but Bobby Fish was Danielson's handpicked replacement

I missed this, but HELL YES

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jesus Christ :stare:

Edit: Whoops, wrong thread!

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

When Cheeseburger returns from the dead, I want him to tag team with Colby Corino and go as the Burger Kings.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

how is Jay so much worse at promos than mark?

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Arg not the kingdom

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

super macho dude posted:

When Cheeseburger returns from the dead, I want him to tag team with Colby Corino and go as the Burger Kings.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

sportsgenius86 posted:

this is actually ZSJ

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Cheeseburger actually died that segment was a shoot

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Bard Maddox posted:

this is actually ZSJ

don't make me choose bard, i can't

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

RaceyBucket posted:

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

RaceyBucket posted:

Mark is a mix between Bigfoot and Algernon which is a recipe for perfect promos

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

RaceyBucket posted:

Jay is really concerned with looking tough, which limits his expressions.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

jay briscoe is one of the best promos in the industry today, though

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Jay's good on the mic. Mark's more interesting and funny, but he's also more of a midcard guy as a singles as opposed to dominant face champ. Not saying much I know given the rest of them but he's the best promo out of any of the ROH world champs during the time I've followed them (2010-now) other than Steen.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Yeah, Mark's promos get me laughing because he's an excited hillbilly goober, but Jay really gets me to buy into what he's saying. He comes off as more serious.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

if I had a dollar for every time Mark said "Sussex County Chicken" last night I could replace everyone's rovertars with Mobvatars

The promos have come a long way from HEY gently caress YOU gently caress MAN MAN UP FUCKIN MAN UP HEY KINGS OF gently caress WRESTLING MAN UP gently caress CHRIS HERO gently caress

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Thauros posted:

Jay's good on the mic. Mark's more interesting and funny, but he's also more of a midcard guy as a singles as opposed to dominant face champ. Not saying much I know given the rest of them but he's the best promo out of any of the ROH world champs during the time I've followed them (2010-now) other than Steen.

Cole is way better than Jay on promos.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ROH at 8pm: 161,000
ROH at 11pm: 138,000

299k viewers total. Comparison: TNA did 330k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

so roh is up ~30,000 viewers from last week

• Locked thread