Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Did they actually say why they had to create their own game environment when plenty of free and open adventure game engines exist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

By popular demand posted:

Did they actually say why they had to create their own game environment when plenty of free and open adventure game engines exist?
I would assume that they wanted combat. Real bad. Lovecraft-inspired board games have it, y'see.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

anilEhilated posted:

I would assume that they wanted combat. Real bad. Lovecraft-inspired board games have it, y'see.

Worse than that, they wanted Heroes of Might and Magic combat. Everything about this game boggles the mind.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

I just read through all of this in the last couple days so there's a lot of dumb garbage I won't comment on but - am I correct in understanding that we never see Wax Face? Did I miss that?

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Nope. Unless there's a bad end/instadeath somewhere that shows it, Wax Face isn't seen in the game.
Maybe in the sequel if that ever gets done, but I wouldn't count on it.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

It's been a few days but I'm still just reeling from "we decided not to finish our game to sell the sequel"

Like, oh my god that's how you get no sales for your sequel. gently caress, even the people who like this garbage fire won't be buying it after that stunt.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:

Arcanuse posted:

Nope. Unless there's a bad end/instadeath somewhere that shows it, Wax Face isn't seen in the game.

Which makes Wax Face the most Lovecraftian thing in this game - he's never seen; he's spoken of in hushed, fearful tones; he commands a cult of worshippers (the mob); and his influence is seen and felt everywhere. Whereas Cthulhu is just some be-tentacled dork walking around the outskirts of Arkham.

gently caress. This. Game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Badger of Basra posted:

I just read through all of this in the last couple days so there's a lot of dumb garbage I won't comment on but - am I correct in understanding that we never see Wax Face? Did I miss that?

Absolutely correct! I am 99% sure that Wax Face is a headless corpse reanimated by Herbert West per the ending of "Herbert West, reanimator".

Herbert West, Reanimator posted:

And then, as the breach became large enough, they came out into the laboratory in single file; led by a stalking thing with a beautiful head made of wax. A sort of mad-eyed monstrosity behind the leader seized on Herbert West. West did not resist or utter a sound. Then they all sprang at him and tore him to pieces before my eyes, bearing the fragments away into that subterranean vault of fabulous abominations. West’s head was carried off by the wax-headed leader, who wore a Canadian officer’s uniform. As it disappeared I saw that the blue eyes behind the spectacles were hideously blazing with their first touch of frantic, visible emotion.

Now what an ex-Canadian officer is doing with the Chicago Mob I don't know, but this is Stygian!