Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

uXs posted:

All the 'good' weeks (=weeks where the spotlight cards are good) are actually bad because I already have the cards. A week with, say, Howard and Martyr (if they weren't dropping those cards to S3 next month) would be great for me.

That's the natural end-point of every collection unless you're a whale. Buying the season pass gets you, on average, enough resources to acquire 75% of new cards. So to break even you have to skip about 1.25 cards per season, and obviously if you want to build a stockpile you gotta skip more.

I've found it very useful to earmark a range of decks and archetypes you do not enjoy playing so you can safely skip weeks with cards supporting those archetypes even if they're bangers. Example: I hate Discard and Thanos, so I skipped Cull, Corvus, and Proxmia even though they're all good-quality cards.

Edit: another link to Jeff Hoogland's most recent economy breakdown. The man is a bit of a pill, but knowing the numbers and ratios behind the RMTs is important information for players, and he does a good job breaking it all down.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 16:05 on May 18, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

uXs posted:

I'm normally pretty good at getting the good cards, but I missed Red Guardian. Arguably I missed White Widow too, but I keep telling myself that everybody is just massively overrating her.

Is Sage worth getting? I have plenty of keys but I'm always looking for reasons to skip cards so I can keep or even grow my buffer.
You can probably skip her. I think she is useful in certain situations but not essential to decks.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Anyone having problems with their CL rewards?

I tried to open a few, and if it was boosters I got it, but credits and a cache that became credits both gave me the :
"Something went wrong " error.

I exited the game and went back in, and the credits and cache reward on the track were listed as claimed, but I did NOT have the credits. And I tried to claim another 50 credits reward, same error, didn't get the credits, and also shows as claimed if I go back in to the CL track.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I had that happen on one cache yesterday but that was it

I am having an issue where sometimes after I click the end game button or whatever it's called when you finish a game, and the game won't load back to the main menu. It's happened several times but mostly on the Steam version.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?

DrBouvenstein posted:

I tried to open a few, and if it was boosters I got it, but credits and a cache that became credits both gave me the :

I exited the game and went back in, and the credits and cache reward on the track were listed as claimed, but I did NOT have the credits. And I tried to claim another 50 credits reward, same error, didn't get the credits, and also shows as claimed if I go back in to the CL track.

Ya same here.

I play on my phone and the game runs shittier with each update

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

DrBouvenstein posted:

If you hard close the game and reboot it you should have them.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

uXs posted:

The next time I don't already have the other cards is in July. Hercules and Beta Ray Bill.

All the 'good' weeks (=weeks where the spotlight cards are good) are actually bad because I already have the cards. A week with, say, Howard and Martyr (if they weren't dropping those cards to S3 next month) would be great for me.

i enjoy beta ray, but hercules is straight trash.

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Fastest I’ve ever gotten back into infinite with the deck I’ve had the most fun playing.

I love kitty Angela Elsa and having a viable Havok deck is even better!

# (1) Bast
# (1) Kitty Pryde
# (1) Snowguard
# (2) Angela
# (2) Havok
# (2) White Widow
# (2) Jeff the Baby Land Shark
# (2) U.S. Agent
# (2) Mysterio
# (3) Sage
# (3) Bishop
# (3) Elsa Bloodstone
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQmFzdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiS2l0dHlQcnlkZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU25vd2d1YXJkIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBbmdlbGEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikhhdm9rIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJKZWZmVGhlQmFieUxhbmRTaGFyayJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiVVNBZ2VudCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTXlzdGVyaW8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNhZ2UifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IldoaXRlV2lkb3cifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkJpc2hvcCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRWxzYUJsb29kc3RvbmUifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
The new hot deck tech is... Domino???
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNKGLfj7Rpk

I'm not even kidding this deck loving slaps. Just tried it out in a gold conquest and punched an infinite ticket while losing a grand total of 4 cubes. You have Nebula on turn 1 so much. It is admittedly a very expensive deck though.

https://snap.untapped.gg/en/decks/Blink-Darkhawk-Domino-Jubilee-Korg-Leech-Magneto-Nebula-Nocturne-RedGuardian-RedHulk-Rockslide_Deck%2020

e: For context, some very similar decks were/are running around using Quake and Jeff! But the problem is that you basically never want to play your 2-drop past turn 2. And drawing Quake on 6 when you want to top deck Red Hulk or something sucks rear end. What a strangely effective solution to that problem.

Devo fucked around with this message at 02:16 on May 19, 2024

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I feel like I ran into something similar earlier this afternoon

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Last King posted:

i enjoy beta ray, but hercules is straight trash.

Good info, thanks. That means I could open for Arishem (unless he turns out to be trash as well, then I could skip it altogether) and stop if I get him before Hercules, but open for both Ajax and Bill.

Meanwhile I keep seeing Red Guardian in decks, I really should've gotten him. Still not using tokens though, that will only happen when a Red Guardian deck turns out to be the strongest at the start of a season and I want it to get to infinite.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Arishem is a coin flip. Hard to ever count +1 energy out, especially from the start of the game, but Weird Worlding half your deck is also extremely bad.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

uXs posted:

Good info, thanks. That means I could open for Arishem (unless he turns out to be trash as well, then I could skip it altogether) and stop if I get him before Hercules, but open for both Ajax and Bill.

Meanwhile I keep seeing Red Guardian in decks, I really should've gotten him. Still not using tokens though, that will only happen when a Red Guardian deck turns out to be the strongest at the start of a season and I want it to get to infinite.

Red Guardian is one of the strongest tech cards in the game, but he is just a tech card. I don't think there's ever going to be a deck that's a Red Guardian "build around". The closest I could think of right now is if someone tried to get the Abomination Evo package working again, but still he's not the key piece there.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Yeah, there's a bevy of second-choice tech cards you can run in his spot that'll perform just fine depending on what the meta is doing. He's the best generalist option at the moment, maybe even better than Shang in this meta, but he'll always be an upgrade rather than the piece that any deck lives or dies by.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I got Red Guardian but skipped Red Hulk and now I see Red Hulk in every deck.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Tunga posted:

I got Red Guardian but skipped Red Hulk and now I see Red Hulk in every deck.

That's because he's big as hell, op

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

imagine charging money for this

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.

Tom Smykowski posted:

I play on my phone and the game runs shittier with each update

ya getting to the point where i only play on pc due to deck tracker and lovely performace so i def dont play as much

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Just played against the cuntiest deck I have ever seen. Thanos/Mr. Neg, which dropped a reality stone and flipped Iron Man on their own Limbo. So rude:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Fate Accomplice posted:

its good art

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Fate Accomplice posted:

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

FlamingLiberal posted:

I feel like I ran into something similar earlier this afternoon

Yea the Domino, Leech, Jubilee, Blink, and 2 6 drops shell is being played alot in conquest, I got a version some Russian players used to win a tourney, and have been printing infinite tickets with it.

I think it's the second featured deck in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bQpmmRG7b4&t=609s

The point is you put in three drop tech to fit whatever you see alot of.

This wont be a ladder deck for very long though as seeing domino on two will become like playing with your hand face up against good players and you won't get good cube equity out of it.
That does make it a fantastic conquest deck though as that kind of cube equity doesn't matter there.

Also this channel is fantastic for competitive Snap, his videos all have clickbait titles, but don't le that fool you about what this guy does. The point is not to showcase the best decks two weeks into their dominance when the meta is about to adapt. It's to vomit out every interesting deck the top 100 or so players are messing around with, so you can play the best decks for the two weeks nobody outside the most competitive players are having success with.

GarudaPrime fucked around with this message at 01:28 on May 20, 2024

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

seeing Domino played competitively, what a world

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Sandwolf posted:

She makes it more likely that your big cards stay in the deck for Blink.

Also it's not the first time Domino has been played competitively - she used to be a staple in Agatha decks to give you a little guaranteed board presence.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
Imagine if old chavez was still around for blink...

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Sandwolf posted:

:emptyquote:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

what was old chavez

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

ijyt posted:

what was old chavez

Cannot be drawn before turn 6, always drawn then. Used as a deck thinner.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
So, ultimate Sage verdict? I don't see a lot of her, so... not worth it?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

uXs posted:

So, ultimate Sage verdict? I don't see a lot of her, so... not worth it?

If you love Bounce or Mr. Negitive, she's a solid addition. Otherwise an easy skip.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Bring back old Chavez.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Skippy McPants posted:

If you love Bounce or Mr. Negitive, she's a solid addition. Otherwise an easy skip.

I love anything that lets me win.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Well, she'll let you win with those decks! And the bounce list seems to be in a good meta spot, but again, unless you want to play and progress with bounce specifically, I think she's a safe skip.

Role players are always a bit tough to call because their fate rises and falls with the decks they're attached to. Like, Cull used to be a top-tier pickup, but the Thanos took him from the top of the meta to a niche player in swarm decks.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 13:16 on May 20, 2024

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Quackles posted:

Cannot be drawn before turn 6, always drawn then. Used as a deck thinner.

huh?? how is that meant to work with her power, or was she completely different. That seems like a ridiculously large change for a card

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

ijyt posted:

huh?? how is that meant to work with her power, or was she completely different. That seems like a ridiculously large change for a card

That was her power, she didn't have the on reveal that she does now in addition to that. So she was a completely different card, basically meant you were more likely to draw other cards before turn 6 and then knew exactly what you were going to draw on turn 6, you'd always have a 6/9 in hand, so you could play that and then know the Drac you played was gonna hit the Apocalypse you discarded a bunch already.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
That was her entire power. She started life as a 6/10 (and later as 6/9) essentially to act as a "you will always draw a big beefy card on your last turn) similar to Quicksilver and Domino acting as "you will always have a turn 1 and turn 2 play" in the tutorialization of the game, but it was quickly understood that America instead turned your deck into an 11-card deck which is statistically massive when it comes to thinning your deck AND let you know "well I'm definitely not pulling my hail mary card on T5" which gave you a turn earlier to evaluate your snaps.

She basically was run in any and every combo deck and I think had gotten to the point where she was the highest winrate card that didn't ever get played (kinda like Thanos in his own deck) so they completely reworked her.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Not just combo, but also Loki, Shuri, and a bunch of other stuff. By the end of her run, she was in almost everything. If you played a deck that wanted to draw a specific card before T6, she was probably in your list.

She's maybe the strongest card they ever printed, but because her effect was so diffuse it flew under the radar for quite a while.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

She was being run in like 70% of decks or something absolutely bonkers like that. Being able to run an 11 card deck is stupidly overpowered.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
At 5-cost, Namora is never going to see play. Maybe she'll get an immediate buff like US Agent.

Devo posted:

She was being run in like 70% of decks or something absolutely bonkers like that. Being able to run an 11 card deck is stupidly overpowered.

It's just bewildering that their solution was to turn her into Okoye, Jr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

All the decks Chavez was in before her nerf are still really strong. I wonder just how much her nerf affected their win rates.