Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

MOTU FINAL PIZZA RESULT PLS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
There was so much swerving in those last few minutes I thought Russo was back in the WWE.

I can't wait for Orton to be offered a rematch. After he beats Kane. In a "Rematch on a Pole" match.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Things I like more than I did before this PPV:
New Day
Big Show

Things I like less than I did before this PPV:
WWE

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

sticklefifer posted:

New Day
Big Show

WWE

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

sticklefifer posted:

New Day
Big Show

WWE

Err Naomi??

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Mercury Crusader posted:

There was so much swerving in those last few minutes I thought Russo was back in the WWE.

I can't wait for Orton to be offered a rematch. After he beats Kane. In a "Rematch on a Pole" match.

it was completely predictable swerving though

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Cardboard Box posted:

it was completely predictable swerving though

That's true. Kane didn't become champion because reasons

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Naomi also owned with those light up shoes.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!
Pretty cool PPV except the end.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Zen Dudeism posted:

The only perfect part of that ending is that it can't be changed.

Orton used the RKO first and you want to count that? Okay, he's DQ'd and Rollins retains.

Rollins used the RKO on Orton and that is a technical violation of the RKO ban? Okay, he's DQ'd but still retains because the belt doesn't change hands on a DQ.

Don't want to even bother with the RKO part? Okay, Rollins technically both got the cover and exited the cage first, so he retains.

The booking was at least solid enough there to allow Rollins to claim the win was legit-ish.

This is basically tomorrow's Raw, just copy and paste it over and over until the time slot is filled up.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

sticklefifer posted:

New Day
Big Show

WWE

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Zyla posted:

i hate 4 slices of pizza

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Blasmeister posted:

Err Naomi??

if he has good opinions he already liked her at least more than the bellas

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Luigi Thirty posted:

i hate 4 slices of pizza

too many or too few?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

oatgan posted:

too many or too few?

for me, too many

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
i hope roman reigns and kane team up and form "team get the hell off TV"

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Shima Honnou posted:

if he has good opinions he already liked her at least more than the bellas

I didn't even watch the Naomi/Nikki match because I simply cannot stand the Bellas.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Zyla posted:

14/16 slices, 12/16 parmesan bites, 1 cup of coffee, 1 litre of black cherry soda, 1 powerade zero, a mini reese peanut butter cup I found in the cabinet

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
The crowd was so nuclear for new day it ruled.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Dango Bango posted:

I didn't even watch the Naomi/Nikki match because I simply cannot stand the Bellas.

You made a grave mistake, my friend

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Testekill posted:

Naomi also owned with those light up shoes.

And her glasses!

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

MotU posted:

14/16 slices, 12/16 parmesan bites, 1 cup of coffee, 1 litre of black cherry soda, 1 powerade zero, a mini reese peanut butter cup I found in the cabinet

I could only eat eleven wings and didn't finish my sweet potato fries :-(.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Strawberry Panda posted:

I could only eat eleven wings and didn't finish my sweet potato fries :-(.

I would have ate them all but my mom decided to come watch it with me and that would have been rude

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Strawberry Panda posted:

The crowd was so nuclear for new day it ruled.

Yay Kofi:unsmith:

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

MotU posted:

I would have ate them all but my mom decided to come watch it with me and that would have been rude

I live by myself so I have no excuse except I have a baby stomach.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

MotU posted:

the champ is here

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

What I learned from this thread is I need to watch Daredevil asap

thanks punchsport pagoda pals :cool:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

21 Hoot Salute posted:

What I learned from this thread is I need to watch Daredevil asap

thanks punchsport pagoda pals :cool:

Should have watched that instead of the PPV.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Yeah Daredevil is waaaaaaay better than this PPV was.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Highlight of the show was Harper spilling out of the car and Woods going "Man, you're still getting beat up."

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
The undercard was actually pretty good I thought

but then I watched Cena/Rusev, Naomi/Nikki, Reigns/Show, and the main event

urk

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

MotU posted:

8/16 slices, half liter of coke,

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Naomi's hype shades can apparently be found here: http://macetech.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=11&products_id=49&zenid=a8df0b8dc32be72e601ceb44a3b1c648

Shoes might be some sort of custom adafruit job

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

If I hadn't been with friends and drunk as gently caress, I would have thrown my tv out a loving window. This thing sucked.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!

TheKingslayer posted:

If I hadn't been with friends and drunk as gently caress, I would have thrown my tv out a loving window. This thing sucked.

That's just silly, you can still throw your tv out!

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

TheKingslayer posted:

I assure you payback will be worse

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Trip report:

I have no idea how the show came off on PPV, but I really enjoyed myself. We sat a couple rows above the preshow panel, so the screen was perfectly straight ahead. Booker even acknowledged us cheering him and nodded at my upraised pinky.

The crowd was crazy hot all night, and the matches were fun. The undercard was great and the crowd was into every nearfall. Neville got an awesome reaction and I was unbelievably pumped. The Red Arrow is even more beautiful in person. Cesaro and Kidd were insanely over and the crowd despised the New Day. New Day sucks chants all night and monstrous heat when they won. The Divas match got the most tepid response, but Naomi's boots were cool. Some assholes in our section tried to start a "You suck John" chant but I yelled "You've never had one" and they stopped almost immediately.

The chain match had some fun spots and Cena was surprisingly getting a ton of cheers, but chain matches can never have a good finish. When Lana got up to wave at the chants for her, I thought the building might explode from the cheers. If this feud ends with Cena stealing her, I might cry.

Probably the biggest shock of the night was that Roman wasn't booed heavily in his entrance. I'd say 75% cheers from what I could hear. The LMS match was a bit of a drag during the Show heat segments, but that ending sequence was rad. I don't think I heard a single boo when Roman won the match.

The main event was a so-so cage match, but getting the chance to cheer Seth live was cool. The Pedigree and stolen RKO were awesome.

There was also a dollar-store Goldust who got thrown out for charging the floor and a white trash fight in my section that left a kid crying after the main event. So good job, wrestling fans.

Biggest pops of the night:
1) Pedigree
2) Kane chokeslamming Seth
3) Roman winning
4) Red Arrow

Most heat:
1 and every other number) New Day. Chicago hates the New Day.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Today I learned that WWE's heels stand united in their hatred for Chicago and everyone who lives there.

Best thing on the show was Naomi's shoes.

This was an insidious PPV that slowly drained my ability to care about anything going on.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Wrasslormonkey do you think you could gif Rollins falling out of the ring at the end into the Ace Ventura falling out of the rhino rear end scene

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Today I learned that WWE's heels stand united in their hatred for Chicago and everyone who lives there.

Best thing on the show was Naomi's shoes.

This was an insidious PPV that slowly drained my ability to care about anything going on.

I give it 4 stars because despite this being true I used it as background noise for video games and it did its job pretty well.

• Locked thread