Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: really queer Christmas)

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 19 days!)

Zionists are such loving pieces of poo poo, lmao.
https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonCHI/status/1790966134402941405

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

PerniciousKnid posted:

I thought "we'd love to be ethical but we're legally required not to be" was a somewhat novel twist on fiduciary duty.

all things serve the money number line

Barrel Cactaur
Oct 6, 2021

Sure it all collapsed due to increasingly rapid institutional rot, but for a glorious few quarters we provided a lot of value to the shareholders.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

See, I never just did things just to do them. Come on, what am I gonna do? Just all of a sudden jump up and grind my feet on somebody's couch like it's something to do? Come on. I got a little more sense then that.

[pause]

Yeah, I remember grinding my feet on Eddie's couch.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

It’s really telling that even before she was interviewed the parents knew what he was doing and was even circling their poo poo head kid out to boast about it but yeah, sure Zionists are just so afraid all the time

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 19 days!)

https://twitter.com/theserfstv/status/1790152051596403118

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS

I like the dude at three minutes in who continuously posts wildly antisemitic poo poo on twitter taking time out of his day to support israel.

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004

Bill Burr has solved the Bill Maher problem.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Sax Mortar posted:

has anyone ever said this to Maher before? lol

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

critical support for one (1) bostonian

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Asproigerosis posted:

I hope this trashgoblin subhuman gets and IOF promotion. Motherfucker it's an investment fund. You can literally just change it to some other bullshit and keep having number go up. It costs you literally nothing to not prop up genocide. Put it in Gamestop you shitberger.

It's basically impossible to divest from companies that do business with Israel. It is completely possible to divest from Israeli companies but I doubt that's much of their holdings.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

moving the whole endowment portfolio into pork farms and publishers of decent music

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

do Israeli companies outperform other markets? I thought the opposite was true

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

has anyone ever said this to Maher before? lol

Burr has lol. Every time Burr has been on Maher’s shows he just radiates contempt but Maher keeps having him on lol

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 hours!

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

It's basically impossible to divest from companies that do business with Israel. It is completely possible to divest from Israeli companies but I doubt that's much of their holdings.

Someone else touched on it but it's entirely possible to work on making products that are minimally destructive,in these terms, and there seems to be demand for them.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Chief McHeath posted:

See, I never just did things just to do them. Come on, what am I gonna do? Just all of a sudden jump up and grind my feet on somebody's couch like it's something to do? Come on. I got a little more sense then that.

[pause]

Yeah, I remember grinding my feet on Eddie's couch.

gently caress yo protest!!! gently caress yo protest!!! *gets kneecaps broken* OWWWW!!!

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

UW Milwaukee protests are shutting down after getting the standard "we'll talk about divesting in 4 months" deal.

The UW system chancellor is flipping out about it.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Can't wait for October when all these uni's announce they thought really, really hard, consulted the appripriate DEI Committees, and did a couple Land Acknowledgments, and they've decided to increase their investments in Israel

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Reminder that in half these states divesting from Israel is illegal. so they're going to say "sorry our hands are tied."

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

DaysBefore posted:

Can't wait for October when all these uni's announce they thought really, really hard, consulted the appripriate DEI Committees, and did a couple Land Acknowledgments, and they've decided to increase their investments in Israel

aw come on

by October they won't even have DEI Anything any more https://www.insidehighered.com/news/quick-takes/2024/05/14/chapel-hill-shifts-23m-dei-police-public-safety

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

DaysBefore posted:

they're going to open a branch campus on stolen west bank land :')

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
it would easier for them if israel got overrun and the protests became moot

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Weka posted:

Seems like war ISN'T good for business? The red line is October 7

this isn’t surprising to me; israel is fighting this war with American-made bombs and missiles, not just Elbit-made. RTX (Raytheon parent) is up 30% in the past 6m.

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/05/15/sonoma-state-president-leave-gaza-00158285

quote:

“Yesterday the President of Sonoma State University aligned the campus with BDS, a movement whose goal is the destruction of Israel, home to 7M Jews,” Wiener wrote on X Wednesday. “Several other UC & CSU campuses are doing this more subtly. Sonoma State simply said the quiet part out loud. The mask is off.”

exploding_ironicat.gif

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

I don't think I like that any attempt to use nonviolent ways to cause change in the political process is being called destruction of 7 million people.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Sax Mortar posted:

its funny how Bill Maher always shuts down and shows visible fear anytime anyone is slightly aggressive to him (thinking of the Roddy clip).

What a wuss. What a weird in-door aberration.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

BRB, about to do Ayahuasca in order to dive deep into my psyche to find and eradicate any trace of Anti-Semitism so that I alone can be the one perfect advocate for Palestine.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

BDS is literally the holocaust except 7 million jews instead of 6 million

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

stands for big dick shoah

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

stands for big dick shoah

Thread title please.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

BDS is quantifiably worse than the holocaust by 16 and 2/3rds percent.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

bedpan posted:

BDS is quantifiably worse than the holocaust by 16 and 2/3rds percent.

It makes me feel very unsafe, I say from my affluent gated community. Bodies in spaces! BODIES IN SPACES!!!!!!:qq:

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Lots of people need to examine their implicit biases ITT. Maybe ask your HR for some courses.

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

bedpan posted:

I don't think I like that any attempt to use nonviolent ways to cause change in the political process is being called destruction of 7 million people.

asking investors to not give my corporation money is equivalent to murdering every person in the country where my corporation is registered

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

the discussion in the last few posts alone has murdered the entire population of delaware. everyone, please, be careful with your words

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Majorian posted:

BODIES IN SPACES!!!!!!:qq:

I asked somebody why they talked this way and they said "Well, it's to remind us that these are, uh, people... here... people in this area."

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

sachs!
https://twitter.com/SystemUpdate_/status/1791104302980673682

glenn!
https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1791182899439431861

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
https://x.com/evanhill/status/1791208042723246247?s=46

Kopmala
Mar 28, 2024
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

Arc Hammer posted:

So I watched that Bill Burr and Bill Maher clip where they're arguing about the campus protests and it is amazing to me just how quickly authoritarian fucks jump to saying the most bigoted poo poo the minute anyone engages them. Burr says he's on the side of the protesters and that's all the bait that Maher needs to go on a rant about how he's actually the brave one for saying that students are supporting terrorists.

Opinions of Burr notwithstanding it is impressive how easily he can rile up bigots and have them say the quiet part loud. But even if it wasn't a shitsack like Maher it would be the same as anyone else because they have no stance that isn't propped up by racism or authoritarian fuckery.

Bill Burr loving owns. Not only is he hilarious, but he comes from a blue collar, progressive background and doesn't put up with liberal bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

is there a word for when capitalists cooperate with the government to violently suppress leftist movements?