Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Today I learned that WWE's heels stand united in their hatred for Chicago and everyone who lives there.

Best thing on the show was Naomi's shoes.

This was an insidious PPV that slowly drained my ability to care about anything going on.

Good thing the card will for the most part not change in the next PPV, only with no stips and no price of free!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Striking Yak posted:

Several hundred grown men: CENA SUCKS!

every person chanting “Cena Sucks” paid for a ticket and likely bought merch and thus, paid John Cena. Tell me, who is the one who truly sucks?

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Anime Curator posted:

every person chanting “Cena Sucks” paid for a ticket and likely bought merch and thus, paid John Cena. Tell me, who is the one who truly sucks?

New Day?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Corzaa posted:

New Day?

every person chanting “New Day Sucks” paid for a ticket and likely bought merch and thus, paid New Day.

This could go on for a while.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Every single person posting here paid ten dollars to complain about wrestling on the internet, and thus, paid with their immortal soul.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!

DeathChicken posted:

Every single person posting here paid ten dollars to complain about wrestling on the internet, and thus, paid with their immortal soul.

my account was a gift

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I watched the entire show, including the pre-show, at a friend's house while we played board games. I didn't really hear the crowd at all - were they assholes like I thought or did they behave themselves?

All I got out of half-watching was that the Cena match, Reigns Match and Cage match felt like they went on for eons. In fact, one of my friends kept looking up and saying "This is still going on?!?"

The tag match was pretty good though. And we all thought the Ambrose/Harper match was going to run through the entire show because why not?

Tr33
May 26, 2007

they were a pretty polite but raucous crowd and other than a few cm punk chants and a a few wayward boos here and there they were generally pretty into the show which was pretty good!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

I really just want her to give her raveboots to Blake & Murphy to match their sweet new masks.

Otherwise my opinion of her hasn't changed: solid worker, should get a title run, head-scissor DDT finisher good, She Calls That The Rear View bad.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Tr33 posted:

they were a pretty polite but raucous crowd and other than a few cm punk chants and a a few wayward boos here and there they were generally pretty into the show which was pretty good!

Huh, color me surprised. The show didn't come across as special but it seemed to keep moving along which must do a lot to keep the audience happy.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

watching the ppv right now and just saw this guys sign and yeah It has really made my day a little brighter, and made my smile a little bigger. thank you whoever you are man in cool blue shirt but with an even better sign.

wow cessaro and kidd stomping big e to the new day sucks chant. too good too good

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Nattie's a fantastic cheerleader during that match.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Well it looks like New Day won the belts. I am okay with that. One question to ask is what they do with their run while holding the title? I would like to predict that Woods would get jealous that can't hold the gold and distant himself from New Day possibly siding with someone like Bray Wyatt. Myabe once Bryan gets back, he can help out Woods? I know New Day is definately treated as heels so maybe Woods could end up as a face? Who knows, it's a bit wonky where their direction will head them. The crowd obviously hated to see them win so if they are smart with it they can make it work.

I guess the even BIGGER question is where does this leave Cesara and Kidd? Do they go their separate ways? Do they stick together? Does Cesara hit on Nattie? Does KIdd care for his RL wife? God so much tension can be brought up between these two? Maybe a big push is coming for the both of them in the future. I like them go.

The New Day and Cesara/Kidd. From this match can evolve into something bigger/greater.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

looks like Harper and Dean are back from the chair store LOL

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Anime Curator posted:

Well it looks like New Day won the belts. I am okay with that. One question to ask is what they do with their run while holding the title? I would like to predict that Woods would get jealous that can't hold the gold and distant himself from New Day possibly siding with someone like Bray Wyatt. Myabe once Bryan gets back, he can help out Woods? I know New Day is definately treated as heels so maybe Woods could end up as a face? Who knows, it's a bit wonky where their direction will head them. The crowd obviously hated to see them win so if they are smart with it they can make it work.

I guess the even BIGGER question is where does this leave Cesara and Kidd? Do they go their separate ways? Do they stick together? Does Cesara hit on Nattie? Does KIdd care for his RL wife? God so much tension can be brought up between these two? Maybe a big push is coming for the both of them in the future. I like them go.

The New Day and Cesara/Kidd. From this match can evolve into something bigger/greater.

They will all probably trade wins several times before the Usos comeback and beat them in some tag tornado scramble thing that also involves some other team and then fade down to Superstars

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Tr33 posted:

They will all probably trade wins several times before the Usos comeback and beat them in some tag tornado scramble thing that also involves some other team and then fade down to Superstars

they got 6 months, Bro

I want something more

Tr33
May 26, 2007

We all do!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

whats with these lights on this russian chain match? does mike chioda have memory problems/

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i like:

Naomi's new theme
Naomi's glowing neon boots which changes color based on the mood of the ring.

edit:
i don't know who was heel in that match thou

a.lo fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Apr 27, 2015

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

why isn't the ref counting while roman in on the ground and big show is dealing with the announcer table/steel steps???

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Trip report:

I have no idea how the show came off on PPV, but I really enjoyed myself. We sat a couple rows above the preshow panel, so the screen was perfectly straight ahead. Booker even acknowledged us cheering him and nodded at my upraised pinky.

:words:

response around here was mixed. i personally thought it was a fun show with a great crowd. glad you had a good time :)

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

that was a decent PPV. You;ve done it again Vince.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
WWE Presents the Anime Curator Livetweet Thread

Anime Curator posted:

Well it looks like New Day won the belts. I am okay with that. One question to ask is what they do with their run while holding the title?

Most likely Freebird rules where any two of them can defend it, or go the Shield route and give Xavier a singles belt that he never defends.

Or literally do nothing different and have Xavier just be the hypeman/cheerleader since they never seem to want him in the ring.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Anime Curator posted:

they got 6 months, Bro

I want something more

Usos as part of a giant Samoan stable designed to make Roman look strong.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Isn't Woods injured still?

So we've got Super Cena vs the Fool Rusev, and probably a rubber match between Orton and Rollins with some weird stipulation. I bet Cesaro and Kidd get a rematch at Payback as well before some bullshit storyline involving Nattie.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Anime Curator posted:

they got 6 months, Bro

I want something more

These guys been talking a lot of smack about New Day.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Corzaa posted:

These guys been talking a lot of smack about New Day.

Yes, please.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Anime Curator posted:

Yes, please.

Just don't let the big one near anyone else and everything will be fine.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

So Extreme Rules was, in fact, Extremely Good? :vince:

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

it was ok

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Humphrey Vasel posted:

Nattie's a fantastic cheerleader during that match.

Yea its weird but I'm developing a weird nerd crush on her.

I actually enjoyed the PPV I fell asleep last night but rewatched it this morning, I'm a bit butt hurt about New day winning the Tag titles but I guess it made me really hate them which I guess is the point.

I was also thinking of this during the Chain match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QGQtJL7hSk

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
That was a very good PPV. I have to rewatch the main event. I passed out right after the bell rang to start it and woke up 45 seconds before the finish. The rest of the PPV was entertaining. The tag match was awesome.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I really, really enjoyed that PPV from start to finish, I don't think there was a single bad match on it (Naomi/Nikki was meh) and I was amazed at how much I enjoyed the Last Man Standing match.

Best match was the Kiddsaro vs New Day match though, which caught me completely by surprise.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Yeah I'm going to echo the 'Taken by surprise' sentiments. You can argue that it's lowered expectations, and that would be fair enough, but it was surprisingly solid considering how it looked going in. There was no real wow factor and aside from the start of the Reigns/Big Show match there was nothing I would call awful either.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I would really like it if Big Show were on TV a lot and wrestled once a year, like HHH.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
The show was a lot of fun. Usual main event shenanigans put a downer on Rollins-Orton but the rest of the show was solid to excellent.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

St Evan Echoes posted:

I would really like it if Big Show were on TV a lot and wrestled once a year, like HHH.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

St Evan Echoes posted:

I liked his "giant veteran" tag team with Mark Henry, but Mizark is always hurt after like two matches so it's always short lived.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I'm having a hard time deciding if this show as good or not. That probably means it was average.

Neville/Barrett - Very good, this was the style of match I enjoy I suppose in that it had a lot of spots from people who are actually good at spotting. That's a word maybe. Barrett is too good on the mic and in the ring to be completely wasted, but hey, let's take his catchphrase away because people liked it. WWE.

Ambrose/Harper - Fine, the story with Harper driving was silly (really, this man does not drive) but the wackiness fit these two guys.

Sheamus/Ziggler - Solid match, horrendous story and after match poo poo. I hate both of these guys and the way they're booked so much.

Kidd+Cesaro/New Day - Very good match, it's too bad they don't care about tag teams, they have some good ones at the moment.

So outside of KISS ME ARSE it was pretty awesome up to this point but

Cena/Rusev - poo poo. Chain matches can't be good, and they're getting progressively worse in each match between these two. Good thing we're getting it again at Payback! And it's an I Quit match so they can totally bury Rusev. And they're inexplicably breaking him up from Lana. WWE!

Bella/Naomi - Average match. I feel like most main roster women's matches given time come across like they watched an RoH match and thought 'let's do that' but they're not good enough so it's just people doing spots in slow motion. And of course none of them can ever get over or make the matches meaningful given the way they're booked week to week.

Reigns/Show - Well, it was a lot better than I expected. But outside of the finishing sequence (which admittedly was quite cool) I'd have to call this glacial if the women's match was slow-motion. Neither of these guys can really do anything other than hit people. And spear people.

Rollins/Orton - Terrible. I love Rollins but he didn't do anything this match and Orton is just mind numbingly boring. So let's insert Kane into the match! Woo! He's 48! So, Orton is a complete loving idiot for picking a cage match that did zero to stop interference. I mean, it was to keep the authority out, but then the authority just decides who can open the cage and walk in and choke slam people. Brilliant. Kane is a loving idiot because he gets treated like a chump because HE IS A GIANT loving CHUMP. gently caress off Kane. Who cares about anyone involved in this match? I miss when the WWE Champ was a monster that could kick everyone's rear end. Not a loser that is afraid of loving Kane. -5*

Definitely a mixed bag. And I'm way too mad about Kane. Go away Kane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Ambrose/Harper - Fine, the story with Harper driving was silly (really, this man does not drive) but the wackiness fit these two guys.

Actually, according to a throwaway line of commentary during the initial Wyatt Family run, Luke Harper was a truck driver before he met Bray and joined his cult. So he's actually quite good at driving.

• Locked thread