Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Luck, Vampire, Java, Burglar. But more realistically I just use the extra rings mod and wear everything I find :whatup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yak Shaves Dot Com
Jan 5, 2009
Crab, slime charm (more to avoid getting slowed), burglar, iridium band.

In other news, there is an option in the config to disable the mermaid lady that the polyamory mod forces on you. She's gone from the relationship tab, at least. It remains to be seen if she's gone from the Perfection tally.

Also deactivated the chance that siblings could kiss what the gently caress mod why is that on by default?!?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Exactly how much activated charcoal does it take to potentially neutralize somebody's medication? I remember that there was an issue a few years ago with trendy charcoal cocktails that were absorbing people's antidepressants before they could be digested.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
You might be able to use squid ink instead? I’ve only used it to make pasta but it only takes a little bit to dye it pitch black. It adds a slight briney note, but that would probably work with the lobster.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Doc Fission posted:

What rings have you guys combined at the Forge? I feel like I keep tripping over Prismatic Shards so I might as well do the darn thing

Iridium
Lucky
Burglar
Phoenix

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Leal posted:

It took me near the end of year 2 to finally get the last scroll. God I hate those things.

And then once you've found them, you'll keep finding them. Over and over. And there's jack poo poo use for any more since they are all worth 1G. You'd think 1/4 of the dwarvish rossetta stone would have some value, but I guess rusty spoons are more valuable on the collector market.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Some fish want them and some people like them as gifts. But I wouldn't be opposed to them being key items you only find once, either

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse
I always use the Slime Charmer ring, because as soon as I get it I stop killing slimes. Let them live and be free and have cute slime babies! Sure, maybe they'll devour the occasional unlucky miner or something, but that's just the circle of life...

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

HopperUK posted:

Has big arms like Gaston

lmao

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

1.6 on switch when

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

SilentChaz posted:

For those of us waiting for 1.6 on console and mobile (myself included), CA says there's some "extra work" beyond the PC version.

https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/1790396655054848363

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

gah

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
"which is mainly bug fixes" now where have I heard that before? :magemage:

joethesurly
Mar 10, 2012
I always went with Lucky/Burglar and Lucky/Iridium because I crave good drops.

....Double Lucky Rings stack...right? :ohdear:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Lucky rings do stack.

Just keep in mind there’s two different types of luck in the game that affect different things.

Daily Luck (fortune teller on TV)
& Luck Buffs (rings, food, etc)

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
And neither of them affects mob drops.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I cooked the tropical curry! Pics:

All ingredients assembled. Ready to cook!

In process!

And ready to eat!

Tastes good. Nice and spicy. The recipe as written says to hollow out pineapple to use as bowls. I didn't feel like messing with that so I just got some canned pineapple and used normal bowls.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.

Silver Falcon posted:

Love it. I'm not much of a cook but I hope others post their attempts!

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Silver Falcon posted:

All ingredients assembled. Ready to cook!

In process!

And ready to eat!

Tastes good. Nice and spicy. The recipe as written says to hollow out pineapple to use as bowls. I didn't feel like messing with that so I just got some canned pineapple and used normal bowls.

Excellent! Well done. I'm hungry all over again now.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Looks delicious, well done!

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RC1IdDG_pW0

You people up on this. A deep dive into the mouth of madness as two people with limited kitchen skills try to make game accurate versions of every dish in the game and become increasingly unhinged as the project rolls on.

Yak Shaves Dot Com
Jan 5, 2009

Gaius Marius posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RC1IdDG_pW0

You people up on this. A deep dive into the mouth of madness as two people with limited kitchen skills try to make game accurate versions of every dish in the game and become increasingly unhinged as the project rolls on.

Wtf, risotto does not have staples

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
starfruit just tastes like mild apple in real life but is apparently the wine is underpinning the entire economy

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Look Pam is really thirsty ok

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I'm in a fan Discord where one person is posting a play-through using a mod where Caroline and Pierre get divorced and you can optionally romance her. Apparently the inciting incident is Pierre making and selling wine behind Caroline's back, but the way he talks about it you'd think "wine" was code for meth. It's pretty funny

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Wine is serious drat business in Stardew Valley.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Pththya-lyi posted:

I'm in a fan Discord where one person is posting a play-through using a mod where Caroline and Pierre get divorced and you can optionally romance her. Apparently the inciting incident is Pierre making and selling wine behind Caroline's back, but the way he talks about it you'd think "wine" was code for meth. It's pretty funny

Completely unbelievable. There's no way Pierre would labor to create his own Wine/Meth, now if you told me he bought it wholesale and then just said he made it is believe you.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
I feel like poppies should be worth more if you process them but that's me. Clearly they are a decorative species only.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

A more realistic fight would have been Pierre used her tea room for supplies storage and damaged her plants, handwaving it away by promising to buy her more plants once JoJa is toast

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Hey! I just got my first bottle of Ancient Wine and it's worth less than Starfruit Wine! Why would I prefer the cheaper crop?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Doc Fission posted:

What rings have you guys combined at the Forge? I feel like I keep tripping over Prismatic Shards so I might as well do the darn thing

my usual is iridium+burglar's and Luck+Crabshell - though I'm not married to either of the last two, you can mix and match. I played one 1.5 run with Luck+Slime Charmer

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Hey! I just got my first bottle of Ancient Wine and it's worth less than Starfruit Wine! Why would I prefer the cheaper crop?

Ancient Fruit regrows, which can lead to infinite money for free if planted in a greenhouse or similar. Starfruit is worth more, but you need to buy the seeds and grow it during its narrower window.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I use ancient fruit in the greenhouse because it doesn't need to be replanted and once it's mature I think it produces fruit every 6 days? Something like that. You get a lot more volume and it's pretty hands off while still being able to make a mint between aging that and selling the rest that you can't age.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I put Starfruit in the greenhouse. Ancient Fruit is an outdoor crop

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Given that you only fully age two cellars per year the *~*optimum*~* play might be two full crops of Starfruit every summer so you can keg them and put just those into the cellar as needed over the year. But how much do you want to become the very thing you fled when you left Jojacorp for Stardew Valley?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Now I want a mod where I can buy Jojacorp.

And then I can take over the valley, buy all the land, and evict my neighbors to create more room for kegs.

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

explosivo posted:

I use ancient fruit in the greenhouse because it doesn't need to be replanted and once it's mature I think it produces fruit every 6 days? Something like that. You get a lot more volume and it's pretty hands off while still being able to make a mint between aging that and selling the rest that you can't age.

Same. I'll often lay in a shedload or two of Starfruit in the summer and age the results because it's fun to see Big Number on de-casking day, but mostly I just like having my winery operate with minimum effort. Go into the greenhouse once a week to harvest ancient fruit, keg it, sell it. No expenses, no replanting, just free money.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

explosivo posted:

I use ancient fruit in the greenhouse because it doesn't need to be replanted and once it's mature I think it produces fruit every 6 days? Something like that.

Every 7, which is perfect because then you know it's harvest day on the same day every week. Also it takes 6.25 days to process in kegs, so you can do both on the same day every week

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
e: What I posted was wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse
Sorry, but if your cellar isn't full of iridium-aged salmonberry wine then you're just not doing it right.