Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

I bet they were right about to get started shooting then the Deadpool numbers came in, now the script is being retooled so Gambit only talks in cajun accented swears while he kinetically charges the bad guys heads and blows them up.

Au Confuckintraire mon bitchere!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Marky Marx posted:

I bet they were right about to get started shooting then the Deadpool numbers came in, now the script is being retooled so Gambit only talks in cajun accented swears while he kinetically charges the bad guys heads and blows them up.

Au Confuckintraire mon bitchere!

More likely, they're going to try to bump up the humor, and probably not by rewriting the script, but by just tossing a few "jokes" into it.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Now with Deadpool being a success, Fox does not need another movie this year after Apocalypse. Makes more sense to pair Gambit with Wolverine in 2017.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I'd be down for an R rated heist romp in New Orleans during Mardi Gras with Mr. Sinister as the bad guy. Sinister hires Sabertooth, Birde, Juggernaut, Blob, C-Listers to steal something precious and Gambit assembles a team, let's say includes convincing a dude hunting him, Bishop, to do the same but to prevent a greater catastrophe like a war between clans...though his real target is the heart of X-Man Rogue who despises him (but bregrudingly will be won over by his charm) while he hides his past.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Davros1 posted:

More likely, they're going to try to bump up the humor, and probably not by rewriting the script, but by just tossing a few "jokes" into it.

Gambit will spend half of the movie finding a way to stealthily remove Rogue's top with his powers. She'll end up admiring his dedication, and then they'll have a gratuitous sex scene.

void_serfer fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Feb 28, 2016

Viller
Jun 3, 2005

Proud opponent of Israeli terror and Jewish fascism!

greatn posted:

Eh, I think it would be just emblematic of 90s inclusiveness and corniness, like the Ghostbuster in a wheelchair.

90s inclusiveness? hahaha

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

People accuse ATJ's Godzilla character of being boring, but I found him just fine. Plus, I can actually remember his character's name: Ford Brody. I I can never remember comparable characters in other big action movies, like the dude from Tron Legacy

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

net cafe scandal posted:

I hope the insane looking Hideaki Anno Godzilla is really good too.

I have no idea how it's gonna turn out but I have a really good feeling about it.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Viller posted:

90s inclusiveness? hahaha

I don't know, what's a better word for it? Diversity for the sake of diversity. Like every gang in a 90s movie has perfect racial parity, a white guy, a Latino guy, a black guy, an Asian guy, a punk woman, just like Power Rangers.

And then kids shows always have the episodes where someone in a wheelchair or with a terminal disease or something saves the day.

greatn fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Feb 28, 2016

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew

Detective No. 27 posted:

People accuse ATJ's Godzilla character of being boring, but I found him just fine. Plus, I can actually remember his character's name: Ford Brody. I I can never remember comparable characters in other big action movies, like the dude from Tron Legacy

Garrett Hedlund. No, wait.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

greatn posted:

I don't know, what's a better word for it? Diversity for the sake of diversity. Like every gang in a 90s movie has perfect racial parity, a white guy, a Latino guy, a black guy, an Asian guy, a punk woman, just like Power Rangers.

*all sorts of fuckin' awesome powers*

"-and HEART!"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Oh for gently caress's sake

quote:

The Russos also took a moment during the panel to correct a mistake they made earlier this year when describing the plot to the upcoming "Avengers: Infinity War," which they are on board to direct.

The movie features 68 distinct characters, not 67.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

That's ridiculous. I mean how am I supposed to care about all of them if they don't have individual movies to provide an origin story?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Gorn Myson posted:

That's ridiculous. I mean how am I supposed to care about all of them if they don't have individual movies to provide an origin story?

Like, I don't think ensemble films are impossible, but it was Ocean's 11, not Ocean's 68.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
It'll probably be like the big battle at x-men last stand. Mooks who shoot off one blast and who only die hard comic fans will recognize from the 3 seconds on screen, before they get pulped by the main characters.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Skwirl posted:

Like, I don't think ensemble films are impossible, but it was Ocean's 11, not Ocean's 68.

quote:

Rather than fleshing out each individual, the film will focus on a handful of characters, and many superheroes will play ancillary roles, he said.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

But Batman v Superman is the overstuffed one.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

The MSJ posted:

After the Earth explodes in a nuclear war, Godzilla is flung through space to a planet where everyone is a giant monster. Robbed of his size and power advantage, Godzilla must rely on its wits and cunning and extensive physical training to defeat evil.

Now I imagine Godzilla stuck as a Gladiator in a monster arena, befriending fellow prisoners Anguirus and Rodan while planning his escape.

"What's yer name, newbie?"
"Godzilla."
"What, you think yer a god or somethin'?"
"No, a king."

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

This is probably because they decided to put Hulk back in, according to Anthony Mackie in an interview that he probably got in trouble for.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Excelsiortothemax posted:

It'll probably be like the big battle at x-men last stand. Mooks who shoot off one blast and who only die hard comic fans will recognize from the 3 seconds on screen, before they get pulped by the main characters.

Plus half of them will be Stellen Skarsgard and Michael Douglas types making micro-appearances.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Have there been more than 30 named characters who aren't antagonists or otherwise preoccupied (dead, etc)?

68 just sounds like the old bullshit where you have "millions of combinations" in your RPG because each character can do like 5 different classes.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

GonSmithe posted:

This is probably because they decided to put Hulk back in, according to Anthony Mackie in an interview that he probably got in trouble for.

No they're talking about Infinity War, which is probably going to have every Marvel character they've created in it at one point or another, including all the Netflix shows and Agents of SHIELD.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Electromax posted:

Plus half of them will be Stellen Skarsgard and Michael Douglas types making micro-appearances.

I hope they do that thing from the previous Avengers movies where they keep cutting away to reaction shots of the various characters, but it's dozens of people long and takes a couple minutes each rotation.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sir Kodiak posted:

I hope they do that thing from the previous Avengers movies where they keep cutting away to reaction shots of the various characters, but it's dozens of people long and takes a couple minutes each rotation.

I unironically want to see an Avengers movie filmed like an Indian telenovela.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Sir Kodiak posted:

So I guess Thanos is Frieza in this analogy?

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Equeen posted:

But Batman v Superman is the overstuffed one.

:agreed:

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
If you want to look at that quote optimistically, Infinity War is technically two movies.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
Yeah, I don't know how it can juggle the staggering amount of 6 (!?!) important characters.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
I'm sorry, there's simply no way that a two and a half hour film can accommodate both an Aquaman cameo AND a Flash cameo.

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice

Grendels Dad posted:

Seems like Fox lost this gambit.

Fox's Superhero Flick 'Gambit' May Not Be In The Cards For Star Channing Tatum

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

The Flash cameo in BvS should just consist of a split second of a red blur going by, and all the characters going "Hey what was that???"

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Equeen posted:

Yeah, I don't know how it can juggle the staggering amount of 6 (!?!) important characters.

Did that blurb say 68 important characters?

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Martman posted:

The Flash cameo in BvS should just consist of a split second of a red blur going by, and all the characters going "Hey what was that???"

"That guy was as quick as a ................. FLASH!"

"He's got the FLASHEST suit!"

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

"That guy was as quick as a ................. FLASH!"

"He's got the FLASHEST suit!"

"He's just a...Flash...in the pan." - Batman/Superman.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Neurolimal posted:

It said "distinct", so presumably something more than "Hired Goon Extra #3".

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Probably Thanos breaks Gary Schandling out of prison to be his human right hand advisor for mediation like C3PO.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Tilda Swinton will play 57 out of the 68 characters. Male or female, young or old, pansexual nymph or otherwise.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Neurolimal posted:

If they aren't important, why even mention there are 68 distinct characters?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Tilda Swinton will play 57 out of the 68 characters. Male or female, young or old, pansexual nymph or otherwise.

I'm more than ok with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

teagone posted:

If they aren't important, why even mention there are 68 distinct characters?

Why mention that a film's special effects took 5,000,000 man hours to render? Why mention that Chicken Little had 200,000 hand-placed feathers?

Marketing.

• Locked thread