Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

#cute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

redshirt posted:

I loved the Callisto thread so much, honestly.

Should have been goldmined imo. It was a lot of fun.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Should have been goldmined imo. It was a lot of fun.

Hell yeah brother! We have an emotional support ice cream ship in orbit.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

MrQwerty posted:

followed up Skynyrd with some Neil Young, now on to

Lmao I finally got around to listening to Kyuss this weekend. I’ve been on a doom metal kick and Kyuss is adjacent.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Lmao I finally got around to listening to Kyuss this weekend. I’ve been on a doom metal kick and Kyuss is adjacent.

That album is something special, above and beyond just a "hard rock album".

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

redshirt posted:

Worcester

I like Worcester. There are some cool spots if you know where to look.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Wretch and Sky Valley are super classic doom/stoner albums, Brant's drums in the intro of Gardenia are so loving killer and just set the stage

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

MrQwerty posted:

Wretch and Sky Valley are super classic doom/stoner albums, Brant's drums in the intro of Gardenia are so loving killer and just set the stage

Blues for The Red Sun is the best IMO

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I’m gonna be in Minnesota for a brief layover tomorrow on my way to Houston. Maybe I’ll fly over Smugworth’s house.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

redshirt posted:

Blues for The Red Sun is the best IMO

yeah red sun is great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TR2m4IfqPI

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I’m gonna be in Minnesota for a brief layover tomorrow on my way to Houston. Maybe I’ll fly over Smugworth’s house.

Flyover Country

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

wnana fight about it, i like people tos ee my content!!!!!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

currently listening to R.A.P. MUSIC and probably gonna put on De Vermis Mysteriis next, it's a vinyl day

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
God drat it. What I thought was hangover is just plain being sick

:(

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Literally A Person posted:

):

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX7wtNOkuHo

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

man de vermis is such a good album, i fuckin love spiritual rites

here u go redshirt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2dVwtZR4M4

edit: actually my favorite song on that album cuz of the drum intro is this one :nws:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq1gb50iobU

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 02:56 on May 20, 2024

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

DRINK!

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

nooooo

nooooooo

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

MrQwerty posted:

Yeah I listened to Wretch and some of Sky Valley yesterday. I’ll listen to the rest on the plane tomorrow. Definitely digging them so far.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

did you catch it at your gig? jazz fans are a filthy bunch, just swimming in all manner of diseases. if the bird flu epidemic is going to start anywhere, it'll be in a jazz club, mark my words.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Yeah I listened to Wretch and some of Sky Valley yesterday. I’ll listen to the rest on the plane tomorrow. Definitely digging them so far.

lol Big Bikes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwpWyGPk4k0

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Bad Purchase posted:

did you catch it at your gig? jazz fans are a filthy bunch, just swimming in all manner of diseases. if the bird flu epidemic is going to start anywhere, it'll be in a jazz club, mark my words.

They ended up booking my prog band. I probably have malaria now

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i forgot my earbuds at my mother in laws and now i gotta hear my kids talking (just kidding i can hesar them through my earbuds)

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

my buddy was tellin me he wants to take his daughter to go see furiosa next week cuz she's seen fury road but his wife said absolutely not, under no circumstances

and I said "lol gently caress your wife do you wanna watch mad max or not" and now we're clandestinely taking his daughter to go see furiosa at noon on friday

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

*burps up cum*

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

the earbuds were in my bag

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

pencilhands posted:

*burps up cum*

im glad you got laid P.H.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

MrQwerty posted:

my buddy was tellin me he wants to take his daughter to go see furiosa next week cuz she's seen fury road but his wife said absolutely not, under no circumstances

and I said "lol gently caress your wife do you wanna watch mad max or not" and now we're clandestinely taking his daughter to go see furiosa at noon on friday

I saw Fury Road with this married lady and it was such an awesome movie experience... I am thinking of texting her to see if she wants to go see Furiosa. She's still married to the same guy.

We do a Book Club every month so it's not like I've not been in touch with her. But still.... it feels subversive.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

this kid is 8, draws xenos all the time, knows everything about the xenomorph but hasn't been allowed to see alien

i told him maybe after we come back we'll watch alien and tell her, "this movie was written by a bow-tied nerd about how awful Crohn's Disease feels" to make her mom happy lmao

his wife is cool as poo poo and we've been friends for a really long time, she just turned into an overprotective hippie after she had a kid

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 03:28 on May 20, 2024

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

pencilhands posted:

*burps up cum*

Simple math, my man

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
mad max based emotional affairs are the best

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

redshirt posted:

I saw Fury Road with this married lady and it was such an awesome movie experience... I am thinking of texting her to see if she wants to go see Furiosa. She's still married to the same guy.

We do a Book Club every month so it's not like I've not been in touch with her. But still.... it feels subversive.

Hell yeah bone that guy’s wife. If he won’t take her to see Furiosa someone else will.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

kntfkr posted:

lol redshirt

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

kntfkr posted:

We went to this dance club after Fury Road and I know she was married, she knew she was married, I wasn't sure if she was flirting with me or just having fun or what. As a super hot lady she should be more responsible.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

redshirt posted:

We went to this dance club after Fury Road and I know she was married, she knew she was married, I wasn't sure if she was flirting with me or just having fun or what. As a super hot lady she should be more responsible.

ask her if she's ready to ball out or not

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

MrQwerty posted:

ask her if she's ready to ball out or not

She's married dude

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Speaking of balling out, Anthony Edwards is so awesome.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

I MEANT BASKETBALL, REDSHIRT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I bought a tape from Djunah and Donna Diane included a hand written thank you card on a postcard of album art and it made me pretty happy.