Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

yeah i’m guilty as a collaborator but it’s also true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

pseudorandom name posted:

not because of the weird sex stuff, though. it’s because Twitter no longer shows any tweets to logged out users at all and everybody is confessing that they use twitter

i have never had a twitter account and only ever interact with it from links in sa threads. embeds work for me though and almost always have (there was a period where they were spotty for everyone, but that was like half a year ago i'd guess)

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Sagebrush posted:

i think this is the key takeaway sentence

please get therapy

at this point i'm wondering how much of the sv ea/agi sexual "culture" grows from one particular woman's rape fetish. as has been noted, rich, terrible dudes have been abusing people forever, but a sex-positive, socially connected data engineer whose personal predilections perfectly accommodate the power fantasies of influential and awful tech people is a potent combination.

(also she does suck poo poo herself.)

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

raminasi posted:

at this point i'm wondering how much of the sv ea/agi sexual "culture" grows from one particular woman's rape fetish. as has been noted, rich, terrible dudes have been abusing people forever, but a sex-positive, socially connected data engineer whose personal predilections perfectly accommodate the power fantasies of influential and awful tech people is a potent combination.

i didn't even read it like that, i read it as her doing the typical awkward nerd at a party thing of "i'm just gonna sit in the corner and not make any effort to talk to anyone and nurse a beer all night, boy this party sure sucks!!" but at a goddamn orgy, after not showering for two weeks

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

between this and all the steps it took to get to gently caress her at that gangbang i now think she just wants sexual partners who will do all the emotional and physical work for her so that she doesn't have to actually interact with other people in any way other than taking their dick

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Shame Boy posted:

partners who will do all the emotional and physical work for her so that she doesn't have to actually interact with other people in any way

wait, this is a bad thing?

e:
this is a joke. i am joking. you do not need to explain this to me you loving nerds

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 13:38 on May 19, 2024

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

yeah you can't grow as a person unless you're doing some emotional and physical work yourself

mystes
May 31, 2006

raminasi posted:

You're saying that Aella single-handed created that scene? I don't know anything about her or it but that seems a bit unlikely?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

mystes posted:

You're saying that Aella single-handed created that scene? I don't know anything about her or it but that seems a bit unlikely?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4060133

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

raminasi posted:

San Francisco had all kinds of hanky panky going on before becoming the mecca of the sexual revolution and gay mecca in general, then absorbing wave after wave of neurodivergent enginerds until there was literally no room left.

More recently, this lady was still in highschool when you could still go into any decently sized west coast counterculture and find some den of nerds having orgies in accordance with a bunch of books they read and stuff from the internet.... and by the way they wanna talk about it.. a lot.

Prominent hacker scene people had fisting demonstrations and lectures back in the 90s... she didn't make any of that.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
incredible username/post combo

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

mystes posted:

the whole "consensual non-consensual" thing apparently wasn't her idea originally, however it does seem to be a relatively recent practice and there isn't a ton of info about where or how it started. most of the information i was able to find via a google was from around 2021 onwards (mostly 2022—), though that's not really proof of anything either, because google sucks and probably prioritizes recent poo poo over relevancy

it's fair to say she may have introduced or popularized the concept within the SV crowd, though, since she seems to run in those circles. but i don't know if that's true, i doubt raminasi does either, and it'd be difficult to prove regardless. i suppose someone with a x or substack account could ask her though, she seems pretty open to talking about this kind of poo poo

e: admittedly i didn't really do a deep dive into this because a. i have a hell of a headache atm and b. you could easily wind up finding some sick poo poo with those keywords, and i've had a mostly pleasant sunday morning so far, lol

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 16:10 on May 19, 2024

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

mystes posted:

Internet Old One posted:

San Francisco had all kinds of hanky panky going on before becoming the mecca of the sexual revolution and gay mecca in general, then absorbing wave after wave of neurodivergent enginerds until there was literally no room left.

More recently, this lady was still in highschool when you could still go into any decently sized west coast counterculture and find some den of nerds having orgies in accordance with a bunch of books they read and stuff from the internet.... and by the way they wanna talk about it.. a lot.

Prominent hacker scene people had fisting demonstrations and lectures back in the 90s... she didn't make any of that.

oh i meant the specific way that group sex with dubious-at-best consent practices appears to be used as ea/agi social gatekeeping. when sonia joseph writes about "the" cnc parties, as though this were a distinct, known social phenomenon, and aella writes how she wanted them to exist so she created them, i just see a space for a connection. i'm probably overthinking it though.

Beeftweeter posted:

the whole "consensual non-consensual" thing apparently wasn't her idea originally, however it does seem to be a relatively recent practice and there isn't a ton of info about where or how it started. most of the information i was able to find via a google was from around 2021 onwards (mostly 2022—), though that's not really proof of anything either, because google sucks and probably prioritizes recent poo poo over relevancy

it's fair to say she may have introduced or popularized the concept within the SV crowd, though, since she seems to run in those circles. but i don't know if that's true, i doubt raminasi does either, and it'd be difficult to prove regardless. i suppose someone with a x or substack account could ask her though, she seems pretty open to talking about this kind of poo poo

e: admittedly i didn't really do a deep dive into this because a. i have a hell of a headache atm and b. you could easily wind up finding some sick poo poo with those keywords, and i've had a mostly pleasant sunday morning so far, lol

oh cnc has been around for decades if not centuries. but what piqued my morbid interest was that "cnc, but at a party full of strangers" sounds like a contradiction in terms, because doing cnc ethically requires a mountain of negotiation and empathy that seems fundamentally incompatible with chaos and strangers. (and that's before you add the lsd!)

i fully agree with this:

Shame Boy posted:

like it's a certain kind of banal evil that comes out of a particular way of thinking that these kinda people are very susceptible to and it pops up all the time at all kinds of different scales and it sucks

they find consent the way their llms find meaning.

raminasi fucked around with this message at 20:06 on May 19, 2024

Internet Janitor
May 17, 2008

"That isn't the appropriate trash receptacle."

raminasi posted:

they find consent the way their llms find meaning.

...by statistically approximating a corpus of reddit comments

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
"Fisting Demonstrator" - mods plz namechange

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
thank you for coming at my ted talk

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

qirex posted:

idk if any of you are following the sonos thing but it's getting very stupid and myself and a lot of people are very pissed off
  • 2 weeks ago they released a new version of the control app that is a usability nightmare and was missing core functionality
  • their response was to tell people to use the desktop client to do this stuff
  • this week they updated the desktop client and it's now literally impossible for most people to actually access their local music library [ie the reason they bought this poo poo in the first place]
  • the ceo has been talking about how launching this garbage requires "bravery" and promised missing features would return "in mid-June"
  • there's no official response to the poo poo just not working for a week
best anyone can tell they're releasing some new headphones soon so they lit their entire tech stack on fire for hundreds of thousands of customers for those to hit a launch date

I'm dealing with all this today at home. our sonos speakers stopped connecting to my windows (on-pc, not external store) itunes library and i was finally getting around to trying to fix it. cannot believe these loving idiots removed such core functionality (I just discovered this shitshow today). i even tried some suggested workarounds treating the path as a share and no dice.

i'm not buying another sonos product again ever

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

haveblue posted:

Let’s just go ahead and change the title but move on please.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

yeah most fixes I’ve seen for both Mac and windows involve making the music folder a smb share

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG

Eeyo posted:

jfc you have to be kidding

yes sign an nda for your rape party

literally sounds like something a weinstein like character would do. keep the abuse secret, can’t have the bad actors be held accountable

they took 'people in the kind scene warn each other against abusers' as a problem statement rather than a feature

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Beeftweeter posted:

…that’s a significantly older term

does everyone on here not pick up bdsm terminology by osmosis? mocking communities like that was part of the foundation of this website

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

aella is a conventionally attractive sex worker who figured out of she uses tech terms and writes a blog with spreadsheets then rich square tech bros will eat it up and probably engage her services. it’s a great hustle but she’s never really been part of any of the local “scenes” as far as I’m aware of

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

hobbesmaster posted:

does everyone on here not pick up bdsm terminology by osmosis? mocking communities like that was part of the foundation of this website

yeah i was gonna say lol

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

https://x.com/codyaims/status/1792030527152951761?s=46

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
that's the way i've been reading it this whole discussion

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

nod or gdi

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???

we had this discussion in the race car building club at school after our cnc guy was exposed to also be the other kind of cnc guy

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

raminasi posted:

ok this is like the social psychology version of a car crash to me and i find the idea baffling so i poked around and lo and behold that EA piece of work who created the diagram that spawned those "came in fluffer" jokes wrote up how she does them. in retrospect, of course she'd be intimately involved with this poo poo.

quote:

Before the event we ask receivers to write down any deviance from the default risk - if, for example, you do in fact want to avoid contact with people with fully medicated HIV, you put this down in a form that people are required to read before interacting with you. Ignoring someone’s expressed preferences around STI risk is considered a serious violation and would result in expulsion from the event.

jesus loving christ the worst punishment is being kicked out what’s the worst that could happen?

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Hahah this person is flagged as a transmisogynist on the shinigami eyes extension. what a surprise.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

I thought you wanted to make Christmas ornaments?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

hobbesmaster posted:

it's the one she used herself, so no, i don't know what kind of other term you'd use

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

haveblue posted:

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

i just went to a fetish rave this weekend that was also populated by unfuckable nerds. its fuckin wild how sv people think they are the first to invent things every time.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome

Eeyo posted:

yeah you can't grow as a person unless you're doing some emotional and physical work yourself

skill issue

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
:rip:
https://x.com/rafat/status/1791797550330028543

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

dont spend too much time on the weird data scientist. she's here for a good time, not a long time

https://x.com/Aella_Girl/status/1790618794181976397

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

how does one operate media?

very carefully, i guess

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

raminasi posted:

i'm sorry are the parties cnc-themed? that particular hosed-up detail is new to me

*Hell march intensifies* CHA-CHING!

Sagebrush posted:

Tl;Dr the openAI stemlords have been running LSD fueled "consensual-nonconsensual" (rape) sex parties in the valley, in the latest iteration of something rich men who think they're gods have been doing for ten thousand years

I prefer my version

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome
its been more
than a few pages, can we move off this topic now? i think its really gross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
yeah the previous tech bubble thread was killed by gross sex stuff, let's not do it twice in a row

let's keep talking about the extremely monkey's paw manner in which google killed the SEO industry