Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Incessant Excess posted:

Wonder if there's some intern who's now frantically trying to edit out all shots of Undertaker's shirts from the next episode of Last Ride.

You know what company this is, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Smackdown beating Raw in the ratings every week has got to feel good for USA

Remember when SD was gonna do 5 million a week and BRING IN THE NEW WRESTLING BOOM

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I hope no outside agitators go to Cobb County Georgia.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Golden Bee posted:

I hope no outside agitators go to Cobb County Georgia.

And if they do, they'd better read the signs & respect the law & order :cop:

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

quote:

Even though the finals don't happen for several weeks, WWE did film the Intercontinental Title tournament finals on the May 26 tapings. We're told that the match was "unbelievable" and legitimately pumped up a very tired NXT PC crowd that was there to cheer. WWE has done this with a couple of the bigger matches that they have planned

Wait till they see Edge/Orton.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Daniel Bryan vs. AJ Styles is a great match? Nooooo

Maybe WWE should focus on doing more of this

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Undertaker should gently caress off IMO

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

dsriggs posted:

And if they do, they'd better read the signs & respect the law & order :cop:

Not sure I get this reference.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Golden Bee posted:

Not sure I get this reference.

then you're gonna serve hard time

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

xbilkis posted:

Didn't you see you could split it into four easy payments for just $7 more

I thought you were kidding until I saw that on their site just now.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Just going to leave this one here... Otis is a national treasure.

https://vm.tiktok.com/KqKNLH/

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Astro7x posted:

Just going to leave this one here... Otis is a national treasure.

https://vm.tiktok.com/KqKNLH/

I think this is really working because both he and Mandy are looking like they're having fun. Like, outside of them it really only seems like Asuka, McIntyre, Bryan, and Bayley are enjoying themselves.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Holy poo poo, a Vince biography is finally being written

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAxyTOdj9RJ/

His most recent work was a Stan Lee bio that received critical acclaim.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Bret Hart has entered The Cool Zone.

https://twitter.com/BretHart/status/1266864736966238208

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The stuff Vince has talked about in his upbringing is wild but also I don't know how much is real and how much is a work because Wrestling.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be :hai:

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

No Vince book will be worth reading till he’s dead

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be :hai:

While nice n everything wasn't he one of the main people helping to sabotage Owen's widow and her case?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jiro posted:

While nice n everything wasn't he one of the main people helping to sabotage Owen's widow and her case?

Based on her interview with WOR recently I got the impression they got on for years but he was upset over something to do with making more of Owen's wrestling work available for viewing? Whatever the case, she seemed to be pushing hard that she held no animosity towards him or even the rest of the Hart Family. Somebody who actually knows more details please chime in because I really don't know much of the deeper details of any feud that might have happened post Owen's death/the lawsuit.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

No Vince book will be worth reading till he's dead

The longer he lasts, the more I worry that he outlives Dave and thus escapes people willing/able to write about even half of the real stuff we know when he does go

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I am so loving excited for Bryan vs AJ

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Chris James 2 posted:

The longer he lasts, the more I worry that he outlives Dave and thus escapes people willing/able to write about even half of the real stuff we know when he does go

Dave will let out his last breath when he types the final period in his Vince book

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.

Alaois posted:

who the gently caress is Adam Pearce

He's the guy that finally got over because he gave Nick Lovin a shot at the NWA title.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Eat My Fuc posted:

It could be The Second Greatest Wrestling Match Ever

Would be so funny if this woulda been on the Backlash card, unless it woulda been worse from the agents saying to dial it back.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Blaise330 posted:

It could be The Second Greatest Wrestling Match Ever

Would be so funny if this woulda been on the Backlash card, unless it woulda been worse from the agents saying to dial it back.

I don't get the branding at all.

The greatest wrestling match I've ever seen live was Okada/Omega 1. I know it was because I turned off my phone before that show and after it ended I said "That was the greatest match i've ever seen in 25 years" and then I turned my phone on and saw thousands of people echoing that sentiment. I had hype going in but no more than any other big match of my life time.

But if I had gone into it watching "the greatest wrestling match ever" I would likely have been harder on it, it's just kind of some humans nature to want to find flaws in perfection so them branding their show this way just seems like a bad idea when half the fan base is snarky/ironically watching/ or just love to hate it already, like why attract more of that attention. But I understand not what they do I just watch.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Eat My Fuc posted:

I don't get the branding at all.

It's an effort to take advantage of search algorithms. That's all.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
The google metagame will win this wrestling war.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

even in the extremely bad fed, i am too op, i think those guys could have a 5+* classic in my back yard and im probably gonna watch this one as it airs because they are both top 5 wrestlers in 2020 imo

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Can't wait to hear about how Edge and Orton had a bog standard WWE match that lasted too long and had Michael Cole talking in hushed tones about what a historic match it was.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If they did all this promotion and then had Edge just punt Orton in the dick immediately I would give it 5 stars.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I think Orton and Edge can pull off a 4 1/2 star match, it’s been forgotten how good Edge was.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
I just hope it's a gently caress finish so we get the greatest wrestle trilogy of all time

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Eat My Fuc posted:

I think Orton and Edge can pull off a 4 1/2 star match, it’s been forgotten how good Edge was.

Look at the adjective.

On a completely unrelated note:

One real-life couple that Vince hasn't tried to gently caress with is Zelina Vega and Aleister Black. Why is this? Is it neither is high enough on the card for him to care? Or, as I suspect is it because he is foreign and she is "ethnic", so Vince doesn't want to gently caress either of them?
Same question with Naomi and Jimmy Uso. And those two are married, which means Vince would usually want to break them up even more.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Eat My Fuc posted:

It got overshadowed by stuff like the HBK matches, but Edge's feud with Undertaker leading to their Wrestlemania match was fantastic.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

BrigadierSensible posted:

Look at the adjective.

On a completely unrelated note:

One real-life couple that Vince hasn't tried to gently caress with is Zelina Vega and Aleister Black. Why is this? Is it neither is high enough on the card for him to care? Or, as I suspect is it because he is foreign and she is "ethnic", so Vince doesn't want to gently caress either of them?
Same question with Naomi and Jimmy Uso. And those two are married, which means Vince would usually want to break them up even more.

You just answered your own question in regards to both of these women. In fact, the only non-bleached-blonde I can ever remember Vince ever acting like he was attracted to was the time he told Melina she had beautiful eyes, and that was like 12-15 years ago.

Sydney Bottocks fucked around with this message at 06:04 on May 31, 2020

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Jerusalem posted:

It got overshadowed by stuff like the HBK matches, but Edge's feud with Undertaker leading to their Wrestlemania match was fantastic.

Edge built that feud almost entirely by himself. As I remember Undertaker was barely on TV, if at all. And Edge managed to put over how scared he was of The Undertaker, how formidable an opponent he was going to be, but how he was going to be ready and how he felt he was good enough.

And the best part was each promo built on the previous weeks promo and was different but still moved the feud forward. All without any input from his opponent.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Aphrodite posted:

If they did all this promotion and then had Edge just punt Orton in the dick immediately I would give it 5 stars.

The most likely outcome imo.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Daniel Bryan should be Universal Champion, not Braun friggin' Strowman

Give Bryan all the titles forever

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Dell_Zincht posted:

Daniel Bryan should be Universal Champion, not Braun friggin' Strowman

Give Bryan all the titles forever

I have never agreed with anything more in my life ever. Bryan should be above all the wrestling companies and allowed to just work them all and hold all their top titles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Defiance Industries posted:

Dave will let out his last cough when he types the final period in his Vince book