Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Velocity Gnome
Oct 5, 2001

A few hours ago I was just sitting on the computer, when I hear my dog start to bark. This means he's just being dumb or someone is at the door. A few moments later my mom came up to my room, and told me calmly, "There's someone at the door for you, he says he's from the future." Now, this is not something I hear every day. I went downstairs to the door, and there was a guy standing outside, maybe 20 or 21 years old, that I had never seen before in my life. He held his hand out for a handshake and said "Hello, my name is Zane Figiam, I am from the future. This is a package for you." He was holding a small package wrapped in newspaper.

I was quite entertained by this, so I played along. I've seen posts on here before where people get randomly handed plans for a time machine, supposedly that came from the future, so I asked him if it was plans for a time machine. He said no, and handed me the package. "I accept the responsibility of the future", I said, and he said goodbye and left. For a moment, I just stood in the doorway, a bit confused.

Upon opening up the package, I was a bit suprised. It was a scrapbook devoted entirely to me, my AOL instant messenger name, and things posted on my website (a photo hub for me and my friends.), titled "Gem Missle: A Tribute to Velocity Gnome" It had away messages that I had used more then a half a year ago, and the effort put into the entire thing was astounding. This book contained pictures of me, my friends, my parents, and had a running theme of terminator 2, robocop, and zangief from street fighter (all the pictures are were freely available on my website though, it's not like they were of me walking to work). There is also zangief fanfiction included. The whole thing seems kind of stalker-ish, but I find it more funny.

Now the question i'm just wondering is, who did this? I can't imagine any of my friends taking the time to do this, and it's not something that they'd do. Also, I had never seen this "Zane" guy before in my life. I am thinking a goon may have done it, but I didn't sign up for the goon stalker game, or really talk to any goons besides the ones that are already my good friends in real life. So all in all, i'm just a bit confused, but I find extremely amusing, and hope that the future contacts me again.

Also, the CD was filled with 80s music, and other music I have never heard before.

Pics of the book itself: (Taken with my digital camera at high res, resized to 1024x768, but to keep text readable they are each about 300k, sorry)

All 23 pictures in a zip file: (6.72mb) http://www.transmogrified.net/pics/future/futurebook.ZIP

Seperate:

The front cover.
Inside cover, and page 1.
Pages 2-3.
Pages 4-5.
Pages 6-7.
Pages 8-9.
Pages 10-11.
Pages 12-13.
Pages 14-15.
Pages 16-17.
Pages 18-19.
Pages 20-21.
Pages 22-23.
Pages 24-25.
Pages 26-27.
Pages 28-29.
Pages 30-31.
Pages 32-33.
Pages 34-35.
Pages 36-37.
Pages 38-39.
Page 40, and back inside cover.
Back cover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chicago Death Rate
Jul 23, 2001

by Ralp
That's pretty freaky dude. You should try and get finger prints or something. Or maybe a gun.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

therapy
Jun 12, 2001

Living the dream
That is one of the craziest things I've ever heard.

Those pics are loving great, that book is weird as hell.

Cannibal
May 8, 2002
be sure to leave positive feedback

----------------

Laporte Fan
Oct 5, 2001

PRAY THAT MY PASTEY WHITE ASS GETS INTO THE C.H.P. OR I WILL HAMMER YOUR CHILD'S FAC
I would be slightly disturbed.

ScaryFast
Apr 16, 2003

uhh, hosed up.

Q
Aug 19, 2003
I'd call bullshit if you didn't have pics. So, uhm... uhh... yeah, definitely buy a gun.

Edit: Oh, and what was the date on the newspaper? :eek:

Edit 2: You better get playing Robocop 3.

Q fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Aug 20, 2003

Daddyo
Nov 3, 2000
...and here I was hoping you would love me for it.

:(

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Awesome book. Have it published. The man who made it won't have the copyright for another 15 years.

two handprints
Mar 12, 2003

that's...pretty weird. while i did not view all of the pictures, and i did not read what the text said in those pictures i did look at...i think it would be more impressive if they had given more references to future incidents or something.

what if they WERE from the future?

Body Roq
Jun 26, 2003
Astonishing.

I don't know what to loving say. He made my other stalkers look like rookies.

"Fear is your best friend or your worst enemy. It's like fire. If you can control it, it can cook for you; it can heat your house. If you can't control it, it will burn everything around you and destroy you. If you can control your fear, it makes you more alert, like a deer coming across the lawn."

-Mike Tyson

ndPunkOne
Aug 5, 2002

we all die on Sunday?

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

What's on the CD...it's the Sport's Almanac, isn't it?!

I'll admit, I've always harbored a secret fantasy that some old man will be staring at me funny one day, and then come up to me and say he's me, from the future, and give me some dire warning.

Ypsi
Aug 9, 2003
Pickles!

quote:

Q came out of the closet to say:
Edit: Oh, and what was the date on the newspaper? :eek:

If the newspaper it was wrapped in is also from the future, then we worry.

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
Wow, thats pretty messed dude.

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!
http://www.transmogrified.net/pics/future/IMG_1498.jpg

Haha, Parappa the rappa. :cool:

Stick_Fig
Nov 21, 2002

I can write more if that doesn't disturb you enough.
Admit it. You made it yourself just so you could have a thread rated 5. You spent weeks on it.

EDIT: Rated this thread 5.

GorillaCunt
Aug 16, 2003
thats sweet as gently caress, im glad i have you as a leader.

was zane wearing a suit?

Aominux
Aug 17, 2003

3 7 15 1 292 1 1 1 2 1 3 1 14 2 1 1 2 2 2 2 1 84 2 1 1 15 3 13 1 4 2 6 6 99 1 2 2 6 3 5 1 1 6 8 1 7 1 2 3 7 1 2 1 1 12 1 1 1 3 1 1 8 1 1 2 1 6 1 1 5 2 2
^ Yes, certainly describe zane's appearance some more, please.

I'm.. overwhelmingly jealous, by the way.

..You know, unless your body turns up dead in the river. In which case: GODSPEED, CHOSEN ONE!! :wookie:

Genki Means Energetic!
May 21, 2003
smells like the death
My guess is a girl did it. What faggish guy takes the time to paste plastic gemstones on the cover of a scrapbook.

Really cool though. Dibs on being your minister of defense.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
Was Zane Figiam old enough to be born yet? You should kill him and see if the package vanishes.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
if i'm not mistaken, is the gem missle poo poo a reference to Secret of Mana or what?

also:
:what:

Velocity Gnome
Oct 5, 2001

quote:

GorillaCunt came out of the closet to say:
was zane wearing a suit?
No, he was just wearing normal clothes, like t-shirt and jeans. He could have been any college student. (I'm not in school though right now) The paper was dated monday, august 18th, 2003 (yesterday).

Whoever this guy is, I want to talk to him again.

vvvvv The newspaper article was about the power blackout.

Velocity Gnome fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Aug 20, 2003

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

ZANGIEF LOVES MITOSIS!

"Beware your 5th wedding anniversary"

And who's this "Nicole" person?

https://instagram.com/mutatedjellyfish/
https://www.artstation.com/mutatedjellyfish

mutata fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Aug 20, 2003

cthulhukid
Jun 1, 2001
"Zane Figiam" seems to be an anagram of "I Am Zangief", but beyond that i am confused as well.

Aominux
Aug 17, 2003

3 7 15 1 292 1 1 1 2 1 3 1 14 2 1 1 2 2 2 2 1 84 2 1 1 15 3 13 1 4 2 6 6 99 1 2 2 6 3 5 1 1 6 8 1 7 1 2 3 7 1 2 1 1 12 1 1 1 3 1 1 8 1 1 2 1 6 1 1 5 2 2
Dibs on Secretary of Partying Down.

Edit: SUBSCRIBED!

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

quote:

GorillaCunt came out of the closet to say:
thats sweet as gently caress, im glad i have you as a leader.

was zane wearing a suit?

Was it a bright plastic orange and yellow suit? A jumpsuit? An all vinyl suit with a plastic clear necktie? Details, son, we need details!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Um, becareful, you just have taken in a terrorist tracking device and you will be their next target.

----------------

ceramic
Aug 20, 2003
it's not a disorder, it's just weird.

quote:

IndyPunkOne came out of the closet to say:
we all die on Sunday?

well, that's not so bad. at least I don't have to start school if it happens ;)

and seconding the request for the date on the newspapers. you either have a very original stalker, or something even weirder is going on.

edit: okay, so the date isn't so weird.

RevKrule is my forum daddy. if this post doesn't suck, it's because of him. :)

Meat Popsicle
Feb 24, 2002

Negative!
Sexy... kinda.

WHATEVS SISTER
Feb 20, 2003

Now here comes the fun part...
Zane Figiam seems to enjoy cutting snippets from the latest issues of video gaming magazines.

----------------

SodomizeTheWeak
Apr 20, 2002
I'm going to miss that banana popsicle.
Your Judas walks amongst your peer group!

QwilMan
Jan 11, 2003
Seriously, post the newspaper my king.

I love the big friendly letters that say "TIP FROM THE FUTURE:"

This is straight outta Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy.

QwilMan fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Aug 20, 2003

Ascoe
Apr 26, 2003
Look for the Created and Modified dates on the CD.

Acidshade
Jul 23, 2003
Thats one of the coolest things ever. I wouldnt have believed it if it wasnt for the pics. Also someone has A LOT of free time to make that.

KING CUNT
Mar 27, 2003
Whoa.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb
Why didn't you open it in front of him and then beat him until he spits out information?

Oh, that's right, you made it yourself!

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't
This is the greatest thing ever.

edit: Did you call the cell number on page uh 4 or whatever? I think you might get some play.

erosion fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Aug 20, 2003

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

A+ for effort. Amazing.

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Sheaus
Jul 14, 2003

Your story intrigues me... I'd like to hear more.

quote:

Astroman came out of the closet to say:
I'll admit, I've always harbored a secret fantasy that some old man will be staring at me funny one day, and then come up to me and say he's me, from the future, and give me some dire warning.
Good, I'm not the only one.