Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tree Wizard
Dec 7, 2006

Fender Music Master Bass Amp
Price Paid (ebay)/ Price New: Example: $285/n/a (out of production)
Year Manufactured: 1970-1982

Specs: http://www.ampwares.com/ffg/musicmaster_bass.html

Sound: 5/5: I'm used to playing on solid state amps, however was in the market for a tube amp for practice and recording. Before I bought this amp I tested out several other vintage amps (most of them Fenders as well). I have to say that this amp was all I ever dreamed of in a nice little 12 Watter. It is a pretty loud amp, and really warms up when you push the volume past 4. It has that classic tube tone that Fender amps are so famous for.

Instrument Quality: 5/5: Its a vintage Fender amp, its built like a tank. The first week I had it it was on an end table and fell off onto a hardwood floor. I almost poo poo my pants, but after checking it over there was absolutely no damage (physical or otherwise). Solid.

Playbility: 4/5: While this is technically a bass amp, many people (myself included) use it as a guitar amp. It plays really well and really complements each players unique guitar sound. There are only two knobs on the amp, a volume and tone, and it takes pedals really well. I have a digitech distortion factory hooked up to it and its amazong how many different sounds I can get out of the thing.

Overall Value: 4/5: The reason I gave this a 4/5 is simply because the speaker in the amp is a bit dissapointing. Don't get me wrong it sounds great, but I have heard amps with weber blue dogs in them that have improved headroom. Overall however the amp is great and I would recommend it to anyone without thinking twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU