Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

Bach Stradivarius model 42BO (it's a trombone!)

Price Paid / Price New: On sale when I got it for $1,800 (now it's around $2.5k)

Year Manufactured: 2004

Specs: Standard 42 model with F attachment (standard valve) and open wrap tuning slides

Sound: Example 3/5.
This all really depends on your individual playing. While most people who are decent can pick up the instrument and pop a couple of notes out with ease, tone comes from the player. The mouth piece affects the sound A LOT! One of the LARGEST problems is the intonation between different harmonics. For example, when you tune the middle Bb, the F's below and above and the D above are very out of tune. To adjust, since they are sharp, you have to move the slide out about half an inch+ depending on how far away from the Bb harmonic you are. Most trombones have this problem, but this one seems to be much farther out of tune (usually 20 cents on the middle F below said Bb).

Instrument Quality: 5/5
Opened it up and found no problems. Only complaint is if you abuse it while it's in the case, chances are you'll bend the slide lock and make it click when you move the slide. I'd recommend you bring it to a shop and not bend it yourself...

Playbility: 4/5
You can easily play on it. I would recommend it for a second trombone and as a nice intermediate level horn.

Overall Value: 5/5
I got exactly what I was looking for; a working and easy to use Intermediate trombone. Two years after buying it, I'm still able to play it and produce a professional sounding tone.

Notes:
I would like to note that this horn is almost identical, in terms of playability and feel, to the Conn 88H. If you've got one, don't buy the other since it's like buying the same thing twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU