Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deliverator
Aug 8, 2000
you know i'm your Hiro
Ibanez Prestige RG2550E
Price: $879 from Zzounds
Specs:
• 2 DiMarzio IBZ Humbuckers, 1 DiMarzio IBZ Single-coil
• 24 Fret Wizard Prestige Neck
• Basswood body, 5-pc Maple/Walnut neck, Rosewood fretboard
• Ibanez Edge Pro bridge
• “Galaxy Black” with black hardware
• Comes with hardshell case

Sound: 5/5
All three pickups have excellent tone and sensitivity, and the instrument has pretty good sustain for a non-fixed bridge. The only drawback sound-wise is that there’s not a great deal of difference in character between the neck and bridge humbuckers.

Instrument Quality: 5/5
Everything fits together the way it should, nothing cheap or cost-cutting in the materials or assembly. The pickguard is a little unusual and doesn’t show up well in pictures, it’s semi-transparent with a brushed-aluminum type of surface. The hardware is more of a gunmetal grey than black.

Playability: 5/5
I certainly wouldn’t be the first guy to sing the praises of the Wizard neck. Thin and flat, with easy access to the highest frets. The Edge Pro is solid and low-profile, and won’t get pushed out of tune by the heel of your hand. I don’t use a whammy bar very often, but after a lot of aggressive dive-bombing the guitar unerringly stays in tune.

Overall Value: 5/5
Definitely worth what I paid. It’s about $100 and change more than the very similar-featured RG1570, which I have also played and would recommend, but the pickups on this are a bit hotter with a slightly more robust-feeling bridge. If you’re looking for a good metal guitar without the overwrought design, this is the one for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU