Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

acidpark
Jul 19, 2007

Behringer Xenyx 502 mixer
Price Paid / Price New: $45/$55
Year Manufactured: '06
Specs:
  • 1x mono input , mic-preamp
  • 2x stereo input , stereo out
  • cd/tape stereo in/out , send to phones/mix (push-button)
  • board: db meter, basic chan levels, high/low eq, trim, pan, stereo bal
  • small, lightweight, sturdy, and cheap
Sound: 4/5
It's a great sounding board at such a low price. As well, it's features give it a great versatility: I've used it for everything from house shows to powering my home music system. The british eq isn't too bad but I wish it were more in depth. This mixer can really put out the db, however it does have a tendency to clip, but the trim takes care of that.

Equipment Quality: 4.5/5
Overall the mixer is very durable and fall-resistant. I've dropped it from good heights a few times with no consequence. Even though the board is fairly small it's got a good weight to it. The knobs have great resistance and don't feel loose at all nearly a year later, and the inputs are also of high-quality. Unfortunately the underside of the mixer is the only metallic part of the case, with the sides and top being a hard plastic. As others have said before me there's really no reason to fear Behringer, their units are well made, perform well, and stand the test of time.

Usefullness: 5/5

Overall Value: 4.5/5
While the lowest end of the Xenyx line of mixers, the 502 has been a surprisingly great tool for me over the past year. My needs were small and so the xenyx filled them out perfectly. The versatility and size of the mixer has allowed me to use it in more than one setting which makes it very much worth my money. Mind, it doesn't have phantom power so if you need that then look to its older brothers. Overall the xenyx 502 is a great tool for small projects and serves well as a first mixer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU