Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gotly
Oct 28, 2007
Economy-Sized
Blackheart Little Giant BH5-112 Guitar Combo Amplifier (5 Watts, 1x12 in.)
Price Paid / Price New:$250/$250.

(click for huge)

Year Manufactured: 2007

Features:
5 watts single-ended, Class A
4, 8 and 16 ohm speaker outs
Solid state rectifier
Volume with 3-Band EQ (The Epi Valve Jr. doesn't have an EQ)
Pentode (5 Watts)/Triode (3 Watts) Switch
12 in. Blackheart model 1216A by Eminence speaker has an American voicing and is optimized for open back cabinets
DC power to filaments for super quiet operation
15-ply (18 mm) thick-void free plywood cabinet construction
Approx. 45 lbs.

Sound: 5/5.
I've played through $1000+ Marshall half stacks and this sounds just as good to me. I live in an apartment so it works really well in a solo practice setting. I took it over to a buddies today to jam and yes, it works fantastically with drums and bass. When I turned it to about 3/4 volume I was heard above everyone else. If your drummer is a metalhead with double bass pedals then it might not cut it but for most everyone's needs this is just great. The 3/5 watt switch is pretty useful. You can get pretty loud with minimal breakup with the 3 watt setting and the 5 watt setting will really push the tubes into that great classic distortion.

Equipment Quality: 4/5
I've only owned it a couple weeks and it seems extraordinarily well made. It looks great also. The reason I gave it 4/5 is there is some crackling when I turn the volume dial.

Usefullness: 4/5.
Just an awesome tube amp. For what it offers, it gets 5/5 but lost a point due to no effects at all. You'll have to buy pedals for any effects you want. This was fine with me because I prefer all my effects be on pedals anyway.

Overall Value: 5/5
This was just a great find. Everyone who has heard it has been blown away with the sound quality and can't believe I only paid $250. I'm completely converted, I'll never buy a solid state amp again. I highly recommend this to anyone looking to get away from the compressed sound of a solid state amp. I don't see myself upgrading from this for a very long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU