Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zapato
Jun 18, 2004

He'll warn you when danger's coming, fast or slow.

Title of Equipment: Carvin BRX212 Bass Amp Combo
Price Paid / Price New: $800 (new direct from manufacturer price)/discontinued, it looks like they want you to buy a stack now.
Year Manufactured: 2006
Specs
• Sealed enclosure for tight high power low end response
• Two NT12 Neodymium 12" 300w speakers - front and 45 degree down-firing port loaded
• Heavy-duty compression horn tweeter for crisp-slap highs up to 22khz
• Bi-amp high requency amplifier for horn tweeter and level adjustment
• Road worthy black Duratex™ covering
• Deep recessed steel handles, buildin casters and tilt back handle
• SPL 102dB 1W/1M
• Frequency Response: +/- 3dB 42 Hz - 22 kHz and -10dB@36Hz
• Dimensions: 30.25 inches high x 16.5 inches wide x 18 inches deep
• Weight: 69lbs
• Made in San Diego, California

Sound (or applicable): 5/5.
This thing sounds amazing. Crisp and clean, good punch, all around perfect bass sound, and it really lets the growls through with my Boss ODB-3 pedal.

Equipment Quality: 5/5.
Rock Solid. Heavy duty recessed luggage wheels, a retractable handle, solid metal mesh screen, I don't think they could have made it any tougher.

Usefulness: 5/5.
Amazing. I've never turned it past about 4, and when I got that high, the whole drat house shook. I haven't taken it out yet, but I expect I won't need a PA for anything short of coliseum-type venues. The wheels and handles make it super easy to move around (considering it's a 70lb monster)

Overall Value: 5/5.
Hell yes. I love this thing to death. It is probably the best purchase I have ever made. I'd have been happy paying the retail $12-1300 price tag for this thing, but of course it was way cheaper direct from Carvin.

The only downside is the thing weighs 70lbs, but with those wheels and the handle, you only have to pick it up to get it in and out of the car. It'll even clear stairs and curbs with a good tug. I guess you wouldn't want this if you're gigging near daily or you can't/won't leave it in the practice space, but if it's gonna be relatively stationary, I'd recommend it to anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU