Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ButteryJoe
Dec 17, 2004
"To the dirt room with you!"
Title of Instrument Example: Fender Standard Telecaster

Price Paid / Price New: $375/$400
Year Manufactured: 2006
Specs:

- Alder Solid Body
- Maple fretboard (22 frets)
- 2 Pickups (Single-coil)

Sound: 5/5. The reason I bought it. The Telecaster's sound is completely set apart from all other electric guitars as far as I'm concerned.

Instrument Quality: 4/5. It's a good, well-made, durable guitar. Unfortunately, its intonation could be better. Just about every restringing there is an intonation issue. Not a big deal, though.

Playability: 4.9/5. The top couple frets are weird. It's a little difficult to get your fingers around them.

Overall Value: 5/5. For the price I paid, I don't think I could find a better instrument. I would definitely pay more for it.

The pickups on this thing are really quite good. I raised the bridge pickup closer to the strings to make it sound hotter, and you might find yourself doing a similar modification. For the difference in price between it and the American Deluxe models, it's really amazing. Save your money and just get this: the differences are small and mostly superficial. You can make it look like a deluxe model anyway by putting on a pearl pickguard, like I did. If you must upgrade, don't buy Fender, buy a G & L. But, like I said, for this price, there are very few better guitars. Highly recommended.

---------------------------

Line 6 Spider III

Price Paid / Price New: $199/$199
Year Manufactured: 2006
Specs Equipment's Specifications.

- 30 Watts
- 12 Inch speakers
- 4 Amp models
- 6 effects (2 simultaneous)
- 4 user-programmable channels
- Footswitch jack compatible

Sound: 4/5. The speaker is really loud, and certain guitars (such as the Telecaster reviewed above) can really make her sing. There are amps with more tones, but the effects on this amp beat most other amps I've used.

Equipment Quality: 4/5. Like I said, the speaker is good.

Usefulness: 4/5. Like everything else about this amp, it's definitely decent. It's a useful amp with a lot of tones, and it can really sound professional. It's especially good for a guitarist who doesn't gig and is beginner or intermediate.

Overall Value: 4/5. It's a great amp that a really great guitarist will grow out of very quickly.

I will say that the man who sold it to me said that he's had a few returned to him because they blew the speaker. It's a problem with a lot of amps, but this thing is hot off the presses. That's my disclaimer.

ButteryJoe fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Mar 22, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU