Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ton1c
Apr 30, 2005
Title of Instrument: Tenor Sax - Keilwerth SX 90 R "Vintage"
Price Paid / Price New: $6200 US
Year Manufactured: Around 2005/6
Specs:

# Body in "Vintage" finish, clear lacquered
# Matt nickel plated keywork
# Black pads
# Black mother of pearl finger inlays
# "Vintage" case
# Bell diameter: 6.1” (155mm)
# Weight: 8lbs (3.6kg)
# Tone hole rings
# Adjustable thumb rest
# Adjustable palm keys
# Extra F-arm with adjusting screw
# G# pad cup lifting mechanism
# Stainless steel screws
# Mother of pearl key inlays without metal rim
# Leather pads with metal resonators, waterproof
# Hydraulically formed neck

Sound: 5/5. This instrument is a HUGE improvement over my yamaha yts-82z, though its expected with the price.

Instrument 5/5. It really is a stunning piece of metal. The keys are matte, and for some reason mine looks nothing like the website photos, it has a black bell with a gradient going to a dull brassy look towards the neck. Everyone i've pulled it out on has thought its an incredible looking sax, and are supremely jealous. But of course this isn't why i bought it.

Playbility: 5/5 The keywork is incredibly smooth and easy to play, with loads of adjustable parts, including the palm keys. I find myself being much more comfortable with the lower and higher registers due to the larger bell, and the beautiful layout of the keys.

Overall Value: Example 5/5. Although quite expensive, it's worth every single dollar. This sax outperforms anything i've ever tried before, including an old mark 6 i tried a while ago. I havn't owned it long enough to get the full tone benefit, but its sounding incredible after just a month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU