Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SuccumbToUsHeretic
Dec 4, 2005
Life is short...
Dynex DX-M1111 Dynamic Microphone
Price Paid: $9.95

This Microphone is the poo poo. Its very, very inexpensive, and it has a very similar frequency range as the SM58 and PG58 I've used.

Sound: 4/5 Probably. You're not getting a microphone that is the best quality for sure, but for what its worth, this mic will get the job done for most people producing music for themselves. Mix is more important than the mic in this case.

Equipment Quality: 5/5. This blew my mind. This microphone is all metal, no plastic, and has XLR connection at the base, like most high priced microphones. The on/off switch is very durable, and it comes with a nifty little case as well. The problem is that the cable it comes with is cheesy and useless. I suggest replacing the cable right away, but you're buying a mic, not a cable.

Usefullness: 5/5. But of course, usefullness is relative. For me, its very useful. For the guy with $50,000 worth of microphones, this one probably won't be used often enough. But this mic gets the job done, and sounds pretty drat good in doing so.

Overall Value: 10/5. Yes, I went above the scale. For $9.95, even sounding like poo poo would be a bargain, but in this case, it sounds great. That's a hell of a deal!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU