Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
oooh that head kick duck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Shrek almost giving up mount slamming Suzuki was funny

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
lol giant swing in a UWF tribute

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

fez_machine posted:

lol giant swing in a UWF tribute

Was quite surprised to see Hartley Jackson getting the win, fun match.

I know Dan is now head coach of the All Japan sponsored amateur wrestling team so I always dig seeing him in this environment

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I only just remembered Minoru Tanaka was meant to be in this one instead of Daisuke Nakamura, missed that change

Some real fun grappling in this match

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
oh no

this sucks

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I didn't even see what happened, went to put the kettle on and it was over. A shoot head kick or something?

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

I didn't even see what happened, went to put the kettle on and it was over. A shoot head kick or something?

yep

Wasn't watching closely though

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Why has Kendo Kashin stolen Sakuraba's look, except to remind us of someone better?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Glad fujiwara still has a very hard skull

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
The arm bar from the man himself should always finish the match

lmao Fujiwara doing DDT spots

edit: cannot get over this guy brawling to the outside

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Kashin stealing merch and taking it to the ring is great even if the match wasn't

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Is it still going? I just turned it on and they immediately turned off the lights, perhaps because they don't want me to know they're there?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Is it still going? I just turned it on and they immediately turned off the lights, perhaps because they don't want me to know they're there?

Main event time now

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Red dude is getting his rear end beat!

Edit: Haha as I posted that he did a sick suplex that landed blue guy on his neck.. and blue guy IMMEDIATELY turned it into an armbar.

HE JUST DID IT AGAIN! :pusheen:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

And then red guy just won it!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Ito rules, Sato ruled, I enjoyed that. Mostly I enjoyed that for a change Ito didn't get jobbed out by GLEAT!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I had completely missed that Kenta Kobashi's Fortune Dream 9 show already had another match announced

Masato Tanaka & Unagi Sayaka vs Naruki Doi & Risa Sera on top of the already announced Daimonji So vs Go Shiozaki

And now on top of that we get Chihiro Hashimoto & Yuu vs Meiko Satomura & Takumi Iroha. God Kobashi is such a good booker, at least for these once a year shows

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://x.com/JBBloodsport_JP/status/1780852091558535177

The Central Asian (Uzbek? I forget) Olympic silver winning wrestler that was originally among the names announced has vanished. Instead, have Santino Marella?

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

forkboy84 posted:

The Central Asian (Uzbek? I forget) Olympic silver winning wrestler that was originally among the names announced has vanished. Instead, have Santino Marella?

The IWGP Heavyweight champion is facing an MMA fighter. Inokiism will never die

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I'm fascinated most by Nomura vs Todd Duffee. Don't think Todd has wrestled before

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

forkboy84 posted:

Tbf I'm interested, apparently he was good at this poo poo but I dunno if he can still go after his injuries.

Edit: It would have been funny if he went as Boris Alexiev.

Numero6 fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Apr 18, 2024

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

I'm fascinated most by Nomura vs Todd Duffee. Don't think Todd has wrestled before

He's technically not even done a sport outside of MMA before; that changes in a week, he has his first bare-knuckle boxing fight next Saturday against Ben Rothwell in BKFC

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I should say for anyone who hasn't noticed, we've got a dedicated Champion Carnival thread this year, started by apophenium: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4058574

If you've not been watching live then let me tell you, you gotta catch Kento vs Ren Ayabe. Great match

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Lol.
https://twitter.com/DramaticDDT/status/1780949118501662828

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

First time i'm taking a good look at that bloodsport card and it's goddamn insane. Abe vs Iizuka looks far and away the best looking match (Sato vs H. Suzuki could be a close second) but Shrek vs Rampage might bring the show to a screeching halt for how lovely it is, Barnett coming out like Inoki screaming BULLSHIT

Keen for more Maya Fukuda, she's pretty much the only GLEATer that didn't embarass themselves during the MMA showcases and actually looked pretty comfortable out there

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I still can't get over Santino Marella vs Kazushi Sakuraba. And that's even knowing he went to Battlarts in the mid-00s and got to face guys like junji.com & Yuki Ishikawa

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

SG Bamboo posted:

Keen for more Maya Fukuda, she's pretty much the only GLEATer that didn't embarass themselves during the MMA showcases and actually looked pretty comfortable out there

Her against Konami (trained by Megumi Fujii) is gonna be sick poo poo

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Wait, there was a fighter called Junji.com!?!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=6265&gimmick=junji.com

Junji Tanaka
Also known as Junji Inazuma, junji.com, Mach Junji

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Wait, there was a fighter called Junji.com!?!

I have no idea why at some point Junji Tanaka changed his name to Junji.com but it never stops being weird & wonderful. He was in a really good Mohammed Yone 25th Anniversary match back in 2020 that was just pure Battlarts: Junji Tanaka, Yuki Ishikawa & Naomichi Marufuji (OK, not quite pure Battlarts but close) vs Mohammed Yone, Daisuke Ikeda & Ikuto Hidaka. I think he only had that name right at the start of the millennium, so I guess he was a fairly early internet adopter for a pro wrestler.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Amazing, God bless the real combat sport that is pro-wrestling and the fake fighting that is MMA.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Shame he was never in Dragon Gate's WindowsMG stable as Junji.com. We could also have had Arai.EXE, Kbps-ness, Masamune Gold Edition, Super Shisha CD, Kotoka Firewall, and Shisha Buddy.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://x.com/noah_ghc/status/1781158542596358247

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Big boys doing thangs :neckbeard:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://x.com/SirLARIATO/status/1240003764402229248

Every time this video of Kota Ibushi doing dumb poo poo to the sounds of Shine On You Crazy Diamond comes on my timeline I have to rewatch it. It's such nonsense. Kota righting a tiny child's bike is such a glorious image.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

There's some wrestling this week. Other than the Carnival there's not too much huge stuff. Except in SEAdLINNNG where somehow they've managed to book Tsukasa Fujimoto, Arisa Nakajima & Sareee on the same team, which might be too much badass for any one team. I believe this is Fujimoto's first match back from maternity leave, though she did wrestle a couple of times in that period. Much needed return for Ice Ribbon & the wider joshi scene in general. DDT's Keigo Nakamura returns on Friday, facing MAO. Be nice to see him again. The weekend's Dragongate doubleheader has some very tasty looking stuff; Kzy vs Jason Lee on Saturday and the 8 man tag main event on Sunday standout as we race towards Golden Week & Dead Or Alive.

20/4/2023, Saturday

12pm JST/2pm AEDT/4am BST/11pm EDT/8pm PDT

Gatoh Move ChocoPro #366
Ichigaya Chocolate Square, Tokyo

1pm JST/3pm AEDT/5am BST/12am EDT/9pm PDT

Stardom In Kobe
Sambo Hall, Kobe
Empress Nexus Venus (HANAKO, Maika, Mina, Waka Tsukiyama & Xena) vs Oedo Tai (Fukigen Death, Momo Watanabe, Natsuko Tora, Ruaka & Starlight Kid)
Cosmic Angels (Saori Anou, Tam Nakano & Yuna Mizumori) vs STARS (Hanan, Koguma & Mayu Iwatani)
God's Eye (Ranna Yagami, Saki Kashima & Syuri) vs Queen's Quest (AZM, Miyu Amasaki & Saya Kamitani) vs STARS (Hazuki, Momo Kohgo & Saya Iida)
Ami Sourei vs Lady C vs Natsupoi vs Rian
Cosmic Angels (Aya Sakura & Sayaka Kurara) vs Crazy Star (Mei Seira & Suzu Suzuki)
Uploaded to Stardom World at some unknown point

1:30pm JST/3:30pm AEDT/5:30am BST/12:30am EDT/9:30pm PDT

Champion Carnival Night 2
Act City, Hamamatsu
Hikaru Sato & MUSASHI vs Rising HAYATO & Ryo Inoue
Champion Carnival A Block: Ren Ayabe vs Shotaro Ashino
Champion Carnival B Block: Hartley Jackson vs Suwama
Cyrus, Davey Boy Smith Jr & Ryuki Honda vs Dan Tamura, Hideki "Shrek" Sekine & Rei Saito
Champion Carnival A Block: Kuroshio TOKYO Japan vs Yuma Aoyagi
Champion Carnival B Block: Road Crewe vs Yuma Anzai
Champion Carnival B Block: Hideki Suzuki vs Jun Saito
Champion Carnival A Block: Hokuto Omori vs Kento Miyahara
Uploaded later to AJPW TV

5pm JST/7pm AEDT/9am BST/4am EDT/1am PDT

Dragongate Gate of Passion Night 6
Kobe Art Centre, Kobe
Prelim Exhibition: Akihiro Sahara vs Homare Kato
Hyo vs Jacky Funky Kamei
D'courage (Dragon Dia & Ryoya Tanaka) vs Kagetora & Ryu Fuda
Daiki Yanagiuchi, Mondai Ryu, Punch Tominaga & Shachihoko Boy vs Genki Horiguchi, Ho Ho Lun, U-T & Ultimo Dragon
Heavyweight Royal Sambo: BIG BOSS Shimizu vs Don Fujii vs Gianni Valletta vs ISHIN vs KAI vs Luis Mante vs Madoka Kikuta vs Masaaki Mochizuki vs Shuji Kondo vs Shun Skywalker vs Strong Machine J vs Takashi Yoshida vs Yasushi Kanda
Dragon Kid, Susumu Yokosuka & YAMATO vs Gold Class (Ben-K, BxB Hulk & Kota Minoura)
Jason Lee vs Kzy

Also shows from Basara, Ice Ribbon, ZERO1 & Osaka Pro

21/4/2023, Sunday

11:30am JST/1:30pm AEDT/3:30am BST/10:30pm EDT/7:30pm PDT

SEAdLINNNG New Leaf
Korakuen Hall, TOKYO
Ayame Sasamura vs Miria Kouga
High Speed Match: Kaz Hayashi vs Ka Kedita vs La Pidita vs Natsu Sumire vs Ram Kaicho
CHI CHI & VENY vs Misa Kagura & Rina Yamashita
Beyond The Sea Tag Team Titles: Makoto & Nagisa Nozaki(c) vs AKARI & Crea
Arisa Nakajima, Sareee & Tsukasa Fujimoto vs Hanako Nakamori, Hiroyo Matsumoto & Mizuki Takase

1pm JST/3pm AEDT/5am BST/12am EDT/9pm PDT

DDT Spoiler Free Show Vol.1
Tsurumi Fruit & Vegetable Market, Yokohama
Damnation TA (Daisuke Sasaki & KANON) vs Kazuma Sumi & Yuni
Gota Ihashi vs Kazusada Higuchi vs MJ Paul vs Yukio Naya
Different Martial Arts Tag: Akito Mishigaki & Hayabucha vs Tetsuya Endo & Yuya Koroku
Handicap: Antonio Honda & Kazuki Hirata vs Yuki Ueno
Danshoku Dieno & Rukiya vs Takeshi Masada & Yuki Iino
37KAMIINA (MAO, Shunma Katsumata & To-y) vs Chris Brookes, Fuminori Abe & Sanshiro Takagi
Uploaded later to Wrestle Universe

Dragongate Gate of Passion Night 7
Kobe Art Centre, Kobe
Prelim Exhibition: Dai Tsujiguchi vs Koki Oshima
D'courage (Dragon Dia, Madoka Kikuta & Ryoya Tanaka) vs Natural Vibes (BIG BOSS Shimizu & U-T) & Ho Ho Lun
Gold Class (Ben-K, BxB Hulk & Kota Minoura) & Ryu Fuda vs Mondai Ryu, Punch Tominaga, Shachihoko Boy & Takashi Yoshida
Genki Horiguchi, Shuji Kondo & Yasushi Kanda vs Kagetora, Susumu Yokosuka & YAMATO
Don Fujii & Masaaki Mochizuki vs Team No Hug (Dragon Kid & Naruki Doi)
Big Hug (Hyo & Luis Mante) & Natural Vibes (Jacky Funky Kamei & Kzy) vs Z-Brats (Gianni Valletta, ISHIN, KAI & Shun Skywalker)

Stardom In Osaka
EDION Arena #2, Osaka
Cosmic Angels (Aya Sakura, Sayaka Kurara, Tam Nakano & Yuna Mizumori) vs Queen's Quest (AZM, Lady C, Miyu Amasaki & Saya Kamitani)
Rian vs Saki Kashima vs Saya Iida
God's Eye (Ami Sourei, Ranna Yagami & Syuri) vs STARS (Hazuki, Koguma & Momo Kohgo)
Empress Nexus Venus (HANAKO, Mina Shirakawa, Waka Tsukiyama & Xena) vs Oedo Tai (Fukigen Death, Natsuko Tora, Ruaka & Starlight Kid)
Hanan, Momo Watanabe & Natsupoi vs Maika, Mayu Iwatani & Saori Anou
Goddess of Stardom Titles: Crazy Star (Mei Seira & Suzu Suzuki)(c) vs Prominence (Hiiragi Kurumi & Risa Sera)
Uploaded to Stardom World at some unknown point

4pm JST/6pm AEDT/8am BST/3am EDT/12am PDT

Gatoh Move ChocoPro #367
Ichigaya Chocolate Square, Tokyo

Champion Carnival Night 3
Makuhari Messe International Exhibition Hall Exhibition Hall 4, Chiba
Ayato Yoshida, Chicharito Shoki, MUSASHI & Ryo Inoue vs Daiju Wakamatsu, Hikaru Sato, Road Crewe & Seigo Tachibana
Champion Carnival B Block: Hartley Jackson vs Jun Saito
Champion Carnival A Block: Cyrus vs Kuroshio TOKYO Japan
Champion Carnival A Block: Davey Boy Smith Jr vs Shotaro Ashino
Champion Carnival B Block: Hideki Suzuki vs Rei Saito
Dan Tamura, Hokuto Omori & Ren Ayabe vs Kaz Hayashi, Masayuki Kono & Suwama
Champion Carnival A Block: Kento Miyahara vs Yuma Aoyagi
Champion Carnival B Block: Ryuki Honda vs Yuma Anzai
Live on AJPW TV

Also shows from ZERO1, Marvelous, Diana, 2AW, Ryukyu Dragon, Burst, Ehime Pro, Osaka Pro, Dove Pro, JWP & Wave

22/4/2023, Monday

6:30pm JST/8:30pm AEDT/10:30am BST/5:30am EDT/2:30am PDT

New Japan Road To Wrestling Dontaku Night 3
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Bishamon (Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI) & Katsuya Murashima vs Bullet Club Leftovers (Chase Owens, KENTA & Taiji Ishimori)
GoD (El Phantasmo, Hikuleo & Jado) & Ryusuke Taguchi vs TMDK (Kosei Fujita, Mikey Nicholls, Shane Haste & Zack Sabre Jr)
Hiroshi Tanahashi, Oleg Boltin, Shota Umino, Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano vs House of Torture (Dick Togo, EVIL, Ren Narita, Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Yujiro)
Bullet Club War Dogs (Clark Connors, David Finlay, Drilla Moloney, Gabe Kidd & Gedo)
LIJ (BUSHI, Hiromu Takahashi, Shingo Takagi, Tetsuya Naito & Yota Tsuji)
Faction Warfare Gauntlet: Just 5 Guys (DOUKI, SANADA, Taichi, TAKA Michinoku & Yuya Uemura) vs United Empire (Callum Newman, Francesco Akira, Great O-Khan, Jeff Cobb & TJP)
Live on NJPW World

7pm JST/9pm AEDT/11am BST/6am EDT/3am PDT

Pro Wrestling NOAH Monday Magic Season 2 Ep.4
Shinjuku FACE, Tokyo
GHC Tag Team Titles: GLG (Anthony Greene & Jack Morris vs X & X
GHC Heavyweight Title #1 Challenger: Jake Lee vs Kaito Kiyomiya
Rest of card TBA
Live on Wrestle Universe

23/4/2023, Tuesday

New Japan Road To Wrestling Dontaku Night 4
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Bishamon (Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI) & Shoma Kato vs Bullet Club Leftovers (Chase Owens, KENTA & Taiji Ishimori)
GoD (El Phantasmo & Hikuleo), El Desperado & Ryusuke Taguchi vs TMDK (Kosei Fujita, Mikey Nicholls, Shane Haste & Zack Sabre)
IWGP 6 Man Tag Team Titles: Hiroshi Tanahashi, Oleg Boltin & Toru Yano(c) vs House of Torture (EVIL, Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Yujiro)
Gedo vs Yota Tsuji
BUSHI vs Gabe Kidd
Clark Connors vs Shingo Takagi
Drilla Moloney vs Tetsuya Naito
David Finlay vs Hiromu Takahashi
Live on NJPW World

7pm JST/9pm AEDT/11am BST/6am EDT/3am PDT

Prominence Round 23 2nd Anniversary
Shin-Kiba 1stRING, Tokyo
Miyako Matsumoto vs Nao Ishikawa
Hiiragi Kurumi, Maika Ozaki & Yuu vs Itsuki Aoki, Kakeru Sekiguchi & Tae Honma
Akane Fujita & Yusaku Ito vs Toru Sugiura & Yuki Miyazaki
Hartley Jackson, Kaori Yoneyama & Violento Jack vs Mochi Natsumi, Takayuki Ueki & Toshiyuki Sakuda
Risa Sera vs Takashi Sasaki

24/4/2023, Wednesday

Champion Carnival Night 4
Shinagawa Prince Hotel Stellar Ball, Tokyo
Dan Tamura, Hikaru Sato & Rei Saito vs Hartley Jackson, Ryo Inoue & Seigo Tachibana
Champion Carnival A Block: Hokuto Omori vs Kuroshio TOKYO Japan
Champion Carnival B Block: Jun Saito vs Road Crewe
Champion Carnival A Block: Cyrus vs Ren Ayabe
Champion Carnival B Block: Hideki Suzuki vs Ryuki Honda
Davey Boy Smith Jr & MUSASHI vs Kento Miyahara & Rising HAYATO
Champion Carnival A Block: Shotaro Ashino vs Yuma Aoyagi
Champion Carnival B Block: Suwama vs Yuma Anzai
Live on AJPW TV

Also show from BJW

25/4/2023, Thursday

Shows from VAMOSTAR & YMZ

26/4/2023, Friday

DDT x Zeekstar Tokyo Special Performance ~DDZT
Sumida Ward General Gymnasium, Tokyo
Kazuma Sumi vs Ilusion vs Yuni
Kazusada Higuchi & Yuya Koroku vs Rukiya & Yukio Naya
37KAMIINA (Shunma Katsumata & To-y) vs Burning (Tetsuya Endo & Yuki Iino)
Keigo Nakamura vs MAO
Iron Man Heavymetalweight Title: Unagi Sayaka(c) vs Sanshiro Takagi
KO-D 10 Man Tag Team Titles: Antonio Honda, Chris Brookes, Masahiro Takanashi, Mecha Mummy & Takeshi Masada vs Hiroshi Yamato, Shinichiro Kawamatsu, Soma Takao, Tomomitsu Matsunaga & Toru Owashi
KO-D 6-Man Tag Team Titles: Danshoku Dieno, Jun Akiyama & Makoto Oishi(c) vs Damnation TA (Daisuke Sasaki, KANON & MJ Paul)
KO-D Openweight Title: Yuki Ueno(c) vs Akito
Live on Wrestle Universe

Pro Wrestling NOAH Sunny Voyage Night 21
Bandaijima Multipurpose Hall, Niigata
Shuhei Taniguchi vs Ulka Sasaki
Hajime Ohara & Junta Miyawaki vs HAYATA & Ninja Mack
Kenoh vs Ryohei Oiwa
Daiki Inaba & Masa Kitamiya vs El Hijo del Dr Wagner Jr & Takashi Sugiura
Alejandro, Kaito Kiyomiya & Yu Owada vs Stinger (Daga & Yoshinari Ogawa) & Naomichi Marufuji
GLG (Anthony Greene, Jack Morris, Jake Lee, Tadasuke & YO-HEY) vs Team NOAH (Akitoshi Saito, Atsushi Kotoge, Go Shiozaki, Hi69 & Mohammed Yone)
Uploaded later to Wrestle Universe

Also shows from Diana & Actwres girlZ

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

Cyrus, Davey Boy Smith Jr & Ryuki Honda vs Dan Tamura, Hideki "Shrek" Sekine & Rei Saito

I'm locked in for this one. Let's go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DDT... please... my family... :negative: