Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Go is so good. I’m glad to see it finally getting its due

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
I haven't seen Go. But been hearing about it lately, so going to have to watch it this month.

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

Escobarbarian posted:

Go is so good. I’m glad to see it finally getting its due

I wish Dinner for Five hadn't been nuked from youtube, because there s a funny argument between Jay Mohr and Tim Olyphant about that movie.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Criterion live dropped me 20 minutes into Mississippi Masala last night, what a picture

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023
Their YouTube channel just dropped Ethan Hawke and his daughter Maya in the closet too

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Stegosnaurlax posted:

Their YouTube channel just dropped Ethan Hawke and his daughter Maya in the closet too

He's on the extremely short list of people to make two closet appearances. I think Wim Wenders is the only other person to do that.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Man I just watched The Strangler on criterion channel. That movie rocked. Beautiful to look at as well.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Maya rules. Great selection also, especially Picnic at Hanging Rock

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
We watched Bringing out the Dead and I feel like I need a rewatch to fully understand a lot of the parallels. It’s a very funny movie that manages just the right amount of bite to keep everything grounded.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I watched that last night too and I….didnt love it like I was expecting too. I love weird Scorsese - After Hours is one of my faves - but BOTD just felt slightly mis-calibrated. The tone was never right for what he was trying to do. There’s great moments and performances of course, I especially loved Ving Rhames, but I’m not exactly sure what he’s going for with it. Patricia Arquette is also very bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
I also quite enjoyed Bringing out the Dead. If you work in medicine or have family in the job, then the feeling of powerless in saving people with overwhelmed hospitals or people's poor choices feels real. Plus Cage.