Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
spacemountain
Apr 10, 2003

The premise is simple; Take a serious, classy movie and turn it into a sordid sex and violence filled exploitation movie, like so...

Resources:

Examples of exploitation movie posters here, here, and here.

Find fonts here

Find photoshop brushes here

It'd be cool if you could make one from scratch rather than just swapping heads onto an already existing poster but it would also be cool if I got to walk on the moon so whatever...

spacemountain fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Apr 22, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemountain
Apr 10, 2003

Some good efforts, thanks for picking it up and running with it :)

Shawshank was going to be my second but it's been done now. I have an idea for another, hopefully it won't be used before I get a chance to do it.

spacemountain
Apr 10, 2003

Wow, look what happened to my little thread!

Here's another...

spacemountain
Apr 10, 2003

spacemountain
Apr 10, 2003

Piney posted:

Now THAT is a work of art! Good job mister!

blairerickson posted:

Now see this is the right way to do it. Thank god the OP has not abandoned us.

Thanks, I'm glad people are enjoying this thread. I haven't photoshopped this much in ages...anyway, here's another with a slightly different flavour:

spacemountain fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Apr 21, 2007

spacemountain
Apr 10, 2003

blairerickson posted:

For those looking to learn a quick text effect trick to make their posters look less photoshop and more old poster...

Another tip, Once you have the whole poster done, go Image>Adjustments>Hue/Saturation and knock down the saturation a little bit to make the colours look washed out.

There's lots of good stuff in the Adjustments menu that can help you out.

spacemountain
Apr 10, 2003

One more...

spacemountain
Apr 10, 2003

I thought I was done but realised I was missing a zombie movie tribute...

spacemountain
Apr 10, 2003

Metro Pete posted:

Normally I don't really like the posters in this thread that just make up bullshit about what's in the movie (SAPPHIC ORGIES in DUMBO lolololol!), but this one is an awesome exception.

To be fair, I adapted the quote from an real poster :)

spacemountain
Apr 10, 2003

Vilthuril posted:

Apologies if I missed it, but might there be a nice large version of this. It is a thing of beauty!

There's a slightly bigger version at 72dpi, but nothing better than that, sorry :(

spacemountain
Apr 10, 2003

Stragedy posted:

I'm kinda lame :(

wtf, it doesn't show up half the time

Did you make this with PC Paintbrush?

spacemountain
Apr 10, 2003

The Raging Bull one is more in theme than a lot of the others, and it's also really well done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemountain
Apr 10, 2003

Serisothikos posted:

While I wholeheartedly approve of seeing this poster and think that's awesome as hell, is Animal House a classy movie?

I'd say you were about 18 pages too late to be worrying about that...