Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Never thought to post here before, but we've had a rabbit for almost two years now, and we got a second one about a month ago. Bonding the two was thankfully pretty smooth, and now the two spend all day around each other.

Here's Holland (black and white dutch, our first bun) and Fia (dutch mix, not sure with what) having some homemade ice cream:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Strawberry banana, they run at full speed to get a taste of it.

We had a big scare yesterday when Fia didn't want to eat. Had to feed her critical care and hope for the best, since I couldn't find a vet that would see me the same day. When I checked up on her at 4AM though, she seemed pretty normal, and now she's eating just fine. We had a similar scare with Holland last year, and it took weeks for him to fully recover, so I'm really glad this wasn't like that. Not sure how to embed an imgur vid into a post so here's a link to their breakfast

https://i.imgur.com/Wl4z8VS.mp4

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

That's a drat fine castle, been meaning to get something like that myself. I've just been using cardboard boxes, but I wasn't sure of the best way to give them some steps they could climb.

Halloween Jack posted:

It's always scary when they miss a meal. I've had bunnies miss a meal because they just ate a lot of hay, or I overfed greens or water-rich veggies, or maybe they just had a little gas or something. How long did she go without eating?

I'm sure you were right to start CC, though; it's not like it can hurt. Bert is not cooperative about eating it, at all, and vets usually give you these small-bore syringes that get clogged instantly, and then you squeeze the thing and squirt a big glob all over their face. I ended up having to buy big-bore syringes from Tractor Supply and cut them down even further.

I'm not sure exactly when she stopped eating, but it was going on at least 12 hours from when I first observed it to when I was going to bed. Poor girl didn't want to move at all and ended up peeing on herself. I planned on getting up at 4am to feed her more, but when I got up there she seemed totally normal. It was a scary day, but thankfully she seems fine now.

I had to go away on a trip for six days, now Holland seems a bit more distant with me. Not sure if I'm just imagining it, he still licks me when I come sit near him, but he doesn't walk over to me as often. Fia is still pretty shy, but she's actually been licking me lately too. She runs off when I try and pet her, so I'm really getting mixed messages here. Hopefully in time she will want to be pet, she is very soft.