Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Rageaholic posted:

Hawthorne Heights is playing a show here with Thursday, Anberlin, Armor for Sleep, Emery and This Wild Life in August. I've never been into Hawthorne Heights, but I was just listening to Armor for Sleep the other day. Should I go just for them? I do like Anberlin too.

I haven't cared for Hawthorne Heights since their second album, but I'd slam down money to see Thursday and/or Armor for Sleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Well.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C6IO0U5sSzO/?utm_source=ig_web_button_native_share

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Holy poo poo

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

When I saw Dillinger Four at PRB 2021 they ended their set by saying, “thanks for coming out. If you hated us, we were the Lawrence Arms.” Lmao

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
Are there any bands still making that late 2000s hardcore sound like Ruiner, The Carrier, Life Long Tragedy, Verse and all of those bands? Haven't really listened to much new hardcore in a long time but I'm getting back into it and trying to find some new stuff that I actually like. Even bands that are even kind of similar I'm down to try. Thanks fellow olds :cheers:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Holy poo poo Saetia and pg.99 are still so good live

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

zeldadude posted:

Are there any bands still making that late 2000s hardcore sound like Ruiner, The Carrier, Life Long Tragedy, Verse and all of those bands? Haven't really listened to much new hardcore in a long time but I'm getting back into it and trying to find some new stuff that I actually like. Even bands that are even kind of similar I'm down to try. Thanks fellow olds :cheers:

One Step Closer's 2021 record should do it for you: https://open.spotify.com/album/4clVVRmUrtFtND1sLCJxOY?si=g3GZ1EFkQHSV1PYv-v9qGA

Wizard Mannequin
Oct 20, 2004

Gary Floyd of the dicks has passed away apparently. RIP to a legend

I know basically no one in this thread cares about punk but come on

https://m.youtube.com/watch?si=MtlN8tHV0F8xl6eB&v=gm3iVMuHA_c&feature=youtu.be

Wizard Mannequin fucked around with this message at 07:29 on May 3, 2024

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Sunny Day Real Estate's new 30th anniversary live re-recording of Diary is out now. Obviously it's not gonna sound identical to the original, but wow, it sounds really loving good so far. In fact, I honestly think I may prefer it to the original because of the differences. The drums in particular sound especially excellent here.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

Wizard Mannequin posted:

Gary Floyd of the dicks has passed away apparently. RIP to a legend

I know basically no one in this thread cares about punk but come on

https://m.youtube.com/watch?si=MtlN8tHV0F8xl6eB&v=gm3iVMuHA_c&feature=youtu.be

rip to a true comrade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Rageaholic posted:

Sunny Day Real Estate's new 30th anniversary live re-recording of Diary is out now. Obviously it's not gonna sound identical to the original, but wow, it sounds really loving good so far. In fact, I honestly think I may prefer it to the original because of the differences. The drums in particular sound especially excellent here.

I saw them I think last fall and they were excellent live. highly recommended if you get a chance