Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

How can I get my dog to run with me. when we're both sprinting, she's faster than me at full sprint, so I know she's fast enough, but she cant keep a distance pace for long. Is it because she's out of shape (how do I fix this) or because she is trying to sniff every good god damned leaf, stick and Oak( tell me how to fix this).
She's a rescued mutt, about 2 to 4 years old, and looks like a labrador/beagle mix(?).
I'd like to take her along with me on my 5 and 7 mile jogs but she keepsslowing me down and breaking my rhythm. Any tips or tricks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Thanks for the tips guys; guess I'll have to be patient with her.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

The low tonight is 63°F, is that safe to let a Yorkie stay outside overnight? Covered porch available, but he likes to sit in the cover of a bush, despite the porch and soft bedding available.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Lol, I appreciate the replies. I live in the city and have a fenced in backyard, so coyotes aren't really an issue. I'm dog sitting, and the little bastard Luke's to pee everywhere, so at night, I figure I'll put him out.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Skippy McPants posted:

But I need that bed, and don't like waking up in the middle of the night.

In a few minutes I'll find put what brand pad we got for my cat. Cat loves it.

Edit:
https://toozey.com/products/toozey-pet-heating-pad

The Bananana fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Sep 6, 2023

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

I need help getting my dog to drink water.

He had surgery Friday to remove a foreign body, because he very intelligently ate a rock and it got stuck and made him sick.

They did the surgery and he started to do better, but would not drink water.

I snuck water to him using wet food that I doused in chicken broth but still he needed up needing to go to the vet yesterday to get iv fluids.

He was fine leaving the vet, jumping around and happy again, but slowly, started to lose that vigor again, and again, is refusing to drink.

Doesn't want ice chips.
Doesn't want chicken broth.
Doesn't drink.

Any other recommendations for hydrating up a sick dog?

He's a 3 year old 60 pound poodle, so he needs like... 2 quarts of water a day. He's not even getting half that right now.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Joburg posted:

Have you tried making your own broth? Take whatever meat you have and boil it for a while in a bunch of water, no need to add veggies or anything. Ground beef, chicken, whatever. The fats and cooking smells may make him more excited about it than canned broth.

If you use boneless meat then you can feed him that along with the broth.

Boiling up some ground beef now. Hope this works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Ok, so... I made the ground beef water, and he did indeed have some after some coaxing. Which is good. But..
I'm a little worried it's too high in fat.
Don't want to upset his stomach.
At the same time don't want him dehydrated.

Thoughts?