Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Stray cat sprayed outside my house while windows were open and now my room is uninhabitable as it smells so bad. Any advice for getting rid of the smell and preventing the cats(s?) from doing this again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Can someone help me problem solve here?

TL;DR: Is there a way to allow a dog to get in and out of a bedroom while keeping cats out completely?

Long version:
My parents live in a house with a dog. My brother lives in the basement with a cat.

Both dog and cat can go wherever, but usually my brother closes the door to the basement at night with the cat downstairs. Also, my mom doesn't like the cat in her bedroom so that door stays closed during the day, but open at night so the dog can go in and out.

I stayed there over the summer with my cats as well. At the time I had 2, now I have 3. The area I stayed in last time was good in terms of being able to keep my cats contained at night so they didn't go upstairs (and potentially into my parents' room) or downstairs (and bother my brother's cat). The downside of that room though is that it's basically the den, and people walk through there all the time, so it's not an ideal "bedroom" situation.

I'm planning on going back to stay with them for month or so. Ideally, I would like to sleep in the extra bedroom, which is upstairs next to my parents' room.

I COULD have all 3 cats closed in the room with me and keep a litter box and water in there, but it would be a tight squeeze.

Preferably I would like to figure out a way for them to be able to go anywhere except my parents' room. But, like I said, the door has to stay open to allow the dog to go in and out (otherwise she'll scratch and wake everyone up anyway).

Does anyone have a creative solution for allowing the dog to go in and out as she pleases but still keep the cats out?