Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Our nextdoor neighbor recently got a dog, and it's been making noise nearly nonstop since they got it-- they've been keeping it inside and we live in the woods so there's a little bit of distance between us, but even so I can hear their dog doing a sort of higher-pitched bark/whine pretty regularly and for long stretches at a time. I don't have a good ear for dog barks, so I can't tell if it's just energetic or if there's anxiety and agony in that bark/yelp or what.

I'm afraid of confronting the neighbor directly, since the guy's kind of crazed and we helped his wife move out and divorce him some years back, so what else can my family do about this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

A friend of mine went on vacation for two weeks, and entrusted care of his two cats to another friend who hadn't ever dealt with cats before. The caretaker managed to successfully feed the cats and keep them alive, but somehow completely failed to clean the kitty litter even once, and the cats began pissing and making GBS threads outside of the litter box. After my friend returned home, he cleaned up all the piss and poo poo he could and sorted out the kitty litter, but the cats continue to piss and poo poo outside of the kitty little box.

Is it... is it possible to un-litter-train a cat? It's been a month and my friend's on the verge of a breakdown, he can't figure out why they're still doing this and how to make them stop. He's been trying out some pet stain and odor-remover sprays in the hopes that might discourage them, but it's seemingly done nothing to stop them.

pic is not of his cats, this is my good boy who only pisses where he's supposed to piss most of the time

Ofaloaf fucked around with this message at 10:42 on May 28, 2023