Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Would CBD oil be hard on kidneys or liver? Got an 18 year old dog who is falling apart, just trying to see if it might help his arthritis and stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Not sure why a vet would give you advice to wait to get her spayed.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

SkunkDuster posted:

Impulsive Bob got his stimulus check and bought a siberian husky from a breeder around May 2020.
3 days later, Bob changed his mind and gave it to his sister.
The sister has a dog that is very protective of her and would attack the husky.
The sister gave the husky to me last September and all is good in the world now.

That's the back story. When I took the husky to the vet a few months ago to get spayed and microchipped, they said she already had a microchip (inserted by the breeder) that had never been registered.

I called the breeder and they gave me the microchip number and said all I had to do is go online and register it. They recommended using buddyid.com. Is that the route I should use or is there a better way to register the microchip? As I understand it, different registrars use different databases, so I don't really understand how that works.

If you enter your microchip in here it will tell you the manufacturer, and who to register it with.
https://petmicrochiplookup.org/

I haven't done shelter stuff in a while, so somebody can tell me if there's another method but this seems to be easiest.