Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Irish Revenge
May 22, 2004

I AM A GIANT FAGGOT THAT LIKES TO PRETEND I AM AN ADMIN. I LITERALLY SUCK COCK! GLUCK GLUCK I AM SUCKING COCK NOW BECAUSE I AM SUCH A FAGGOT!!!! IF I AM POSTING PLEASE TELL ME TO SUCK SO MUCH COCK I DIE BECAUSE I AM WORTHLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have a 9 week old shepherd/husky mix. How far can I walk him? I've been doing around two blocks so far, which takes about 20 minutes, but he tends to sometimes get antsy at the end of walks and runs forward more and starts growling at my feet and trying to nip them. Should I be walking him shorter distances? I'm doing this twice a day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Revenge
May 22, 2004

I AM A GIANT FAGGOT THAT LIKES TO PRETEND I AM AN ADMIN. I LITERALLY SUCK COCK! GLUCK GLUCK I AM SUCKING COCK NOW BECAUSE I AM SUCH A FAGGOT!!!! IF I AM POSTING PLEASE TELL ME TO SUCK SO MUCH COCK I DIE BECAUSE I AM WORTHLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

a life less posted:

There aren't any set rules for walking. It does sound like he's getting kind of tired at the end - dogs, like kids, get grumpy and wired when tired. Just remember to be careful where you walk him until he's had all his shots. Parvo sucks. Avoid direct contact with places commonly visited by strange dogs.

He;'s good to go on shots. But now at the end of walks he starts pulling ahead, and starts growling and trying to nip at my feet. He also this week has started biting people when he is antsy and they pick him up, and has shown more aggression. I am really upset that he is going to turn out to be an aggressive dog. I'm going to talk to my trainer this week about it, and I am trying to exercise him as much as possible and socialize him, but that is difficult to do when you're worried about him biting new people.

Irish Revenge
May 22, 2004

Irish Revenge posted:

He;'s good to go on shots. But now at the end of walks he starts pulling ahead, and starts growling and trying to nip at my feet. He also this week has started biting people when he is antsy and they pick him up, and has shown more aggression. I am really upset that he is going to turn out to be an aggressive dog. I'm going to talk to my trainer this week about it, and I am trying to exercise him as much as possible and socialize him, but that is difficult to do when you're worried about him biting new people.

Update: He did bite the trainer during puppy school, and the trainer flipped him over on his back for a solid minute until the aggression was all out of him. He did it two more times at different classes before the dog learned to be obedient. He grew out of the walking issues and growling and turned out to be a great dog. We do 2 miles a day now with no problems other than he wants to pee on everything he passes. Thanks for the suggestions!