Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Is it OK to leave a dog in a fenced back yard during the day? I ask because I'm thinking of getting a dog under such conditions. My work day varies anywhere from 8 to 12 hours so it seems like the best thing would be to let the dog tear around the yard all day until I get home. Any particular problems there? What about when winter comes back around? Heated dog house in the yard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

maso posted:

I just wouldn't get a dog. Wait until you have a different schedule or a spouse.

What precisely is wrong with that scenario? The amount of time? I have to admit hearing, "Nah, you shouldn't own a dog." is a little crushing because I've worked that horrible yet well paying job for so long that I've decided I need to start finding fulfillment outside of work. Hence the house and a dog.

Seriously, if you're telling me that people who work over 8 hours a day shouldn't own dogs then please confirm that now so I don't waste any more time on this notion.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

...roger. :smith:

Okay, one more question actually. I won't dispute what's been said about leaving dogs in the back yard while you're at work. But I do have to wonder how in the hell anyone is able to own a dog in this day and age? Do you all have say-at-home spouses or something?

Also I'm allergic to cats.

wash bucket fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Apr 30, 2009

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

e:nm

wash bucket fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Dec 10, 2020