Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DominoKitten
Aug 7, 2012

Jezebel: I'd be willing to make you a mask this weekend, if you like. I'm guillotine class and it's the least I could do to support somebody working at a hospital. The ones I've been making are from the craft passion pattern, with the pocket for any extra filtering layer you want to put in and a pocket for a nose wire to keep it up against your face, and casings along the side for elastic or ties. Trying to attach a photo to this post to show you what it looks like.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DominoKitten
Aug 7, 2012

JoAnn’s has this in stock and shipping again: https://www.joann.com/gutermann-26-spool-thread/9284811.html

And they also have one off thread spools though some colors are out of stock

DominoKitten
Aug 7, 2012

Sailrites are in that range:

https://www.sailrite.com/Sewing-Machines

DominoKitten
Aug 7, 2012

Dang that is very classy looking!

DominoKitten
Aug 7, 2012

Another thing a seam ripper is good at: getting hair wrapped around vacuum brushes off.

DominoKitten
Aug 7, 2012

I’ve found thimbles useful for trying to punch a needle through something difficult but honestly I think it’ll go through a few layers of tshirt like butter and a thimble would be more annoyance than anything else.

DominoKitten
Aug 7, 2012

Another great beginner project is tote bags! Straight line practice galore and even a crookedly seen one works.

DominoKitten
Aug 7, 2012

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I am repairing my daughter's 33-year-old Teddy. He needs a lot of work. He was originally stuffed with wads of cotton. I want to restuff him with something that has the same sturdy, weighty feel. He should give when hugged, but you shouldn't be able to flatten his body between your hands.

Does anybody have suggestions for a stuffing? I worry that polyfill will be too light. The little plastic beads you use to stuff pincushions and such would be way, way overkill.

Shredded memory foam maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DominoKitten
Aug 7, 2012

Those have a very cheerful chaos vibe.