Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Idlewild_
Sep 12, 2004

On the flip side, as an afab nonbinary person, sewing shirts with the buttons on the right is giving me a nice hit of very silly gender euphoria. Does any of this matter? No, absolutely not. Am I still gleeful to observe the weird rites of binary gender? I certainly am!

My ultimate goal is to look like a loud American tourist in Rome in 1963 - shirts are going well, I just have to step up to making slacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idlewild_
Sep 12, 2004

Aww, I'm thrilled that the outfit works!

Idlewild_
Sep 12, 2004

mobby_6kl posted:

I also wanted to to the the sides on this shirt that have this double stitching going on with the triangle thing at the bottom :v: The way I did the t-shirt was by running a single straight stitch and then blending it into the original armpit seam. Here though there's no simple way to do it without ripping everything out, is there? Or am I missing something?

I'd probably do waist darts instead. Those can run up from the hem and then you don't have to mess with the seam to make the shirt less boxy.

Here is a video I haven't watched all the way through that has more information:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSW9BHkQ28s

Idlewild_
Sep 12, 2004

Arc Rectifier posted:

My question is: what haven't I taken into account? I've added the seam allowances to all the pieces. I got my iron and ironing board ready to press my seams. The amount of fabric I've bought (after doing a bunch of topology) should be sufficient to fit all the garment's panels, including the godets; it's completely non-directional, so I can cut out the pieces at any orientation and the pattern will look okay next to the neighboring pieces

Look at the grain on the original skirt. Make sure that everything will drape properly if you do end up cutting some pieces cross-grain or god forbid bias.