Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

Deadite posted:

All the LED signs I made this summer, I guess I was on a real skull/brain/head-related kick now that I see them all together

Wow, those are amazing! Is it a business or a hobby, because I could easily see it being a business.

If you don’t mind, what led strips are those or do you build your own? I could see doing these with ws2812 with individually controlled leds and some rad animations/effects could be done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

Deadite posted:

Thanks, it's mostly a hobby but I do local markets from time to time. I barely sell anything since not many people are looking for a horror-themed neon sign for their house. I don't ship them though since the shipping costs much more than the signs themselves. Between the LED strips and the acrylic backing each sign only has between $35-50 worth of material in it, depending on the size.

These are the LED strips I use

I have a plan for an animated sign but I have no idea how to do animation. I these 4 channel 12 volt relays but I have no idea what to do with them. I just need the LED strips to blink in order.

So cool, thanks for the info!

If you want help with the animating part, stop by the electronics thread and I’m sure people will help if you need it. On mobile so tough to link it here right now. I’ll try to remember to do it later if no one else does.

But either way, those things are really cool looking and I’ll bet there’s a huge market for people to want custom ones if you ever want to go that way. They are art just like actual neon

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

Deadite posted:

I don’t know where to post this but I made this skeleton puppet to scare trick or treaters on Halloween.

https://i.imgur.com/OuLAKDh.mp4

I’m pretty happy with it so far but it’s awful to walk in and I can’t see anything through the mask.

Owns bones