Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

E: “In a pinch you can lob your used oil jugs through the windows of your local republican party headquarters.”

Molotov, meet MobileLob.

ThirstyBuck fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jan 19, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

I'm getting a table saw tomorrow. It an old 2hp Boice-Crane 10" left tilt saw. It is going to go into my basement so I will need a base for it so I can move it around.

Is there a consensus on the best value mobile base for tools like this?

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

I had asked about mobile saw bases earlier.

Here is the saw in question. I got it cleaned up some and moved into the basement. I need to get a new blade but I’m looking forward to making some stuff with it.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

I have ridgid brushless 5x impact that I bought a year ago or so. It has seen light homeowner use in that time. I’ve noticed that the impact function is engaging poorly ie when driving a screw it will just stay in high speed drill mode and then I end up stripping the head out. I’ve got another older kobalt impact and it has no problems with this.

Anyone experience something like this? I have the LSA so I guess I can just call them.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

builds character posted:

Plus a big impact wrench is one of the most satisfying tools. Just push button, remove head of fastener.

Hello yes you rang?

Bonus chrome socket for extra triggering.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

Ridgid Tools

I have tried to stay one color with my cordless stuff for simplicity and since there is a DTO not too too far from me I’ve accumulated a base of Ridgid stuff. With the changes recently made to DTO, offers, and pricing is this brand basically dead? There doesn’t seem to be much range or expansion compared to Ryobi or Milwaukee. I’m a mid grade automotive and wood user so the price point and quality were a good fit for me in the past. When I look at current and past deals running on tools I wonder if I should abandon ship and go with another brand.

How many of you are running battery adapters to run different brand tools?

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

I hope that is a Costco dawg.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

What is the correct number of jacks to own? For my pleab automotive requirements I have have one low profile HF 3 tone jack and one 6 ton bottle jack that came to me via an old Nissan Hardbody.

Anyone here use a mid-rise scissor lift? I’m on the verge of ordering one. The downside of needing to build a platform around it seems worth the extra lift height over say quickjacks.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

This is what I’m talking about.

https://www.bendpak.com/car-lifts/mid-rise-scissor-lifts/md-6xp/

It comes in a bunch of different colors with different names on the side but they all seem to be largely the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

I bought the ubiquitous 1.5 ton light weight aluminum HF floor jack to take to the track. It is so much lighter than my 3T steel unit.

I am considering the Avanti airless sprayer to seal my deck after an upcoming pressure wash. Anyone have a favorable review for this application? It is much thinner than paint. I’ll probably put down several gallons.

Speaking of pressure washers I got a new one as my electric Ryobi gave me one too many problems.

I can’t find the link but it is a Generac 3100 2.4gpm. I wanted a little higher gpm machine but I got it from Costco so if it turns out to be a turd I can take it back. It was the best one they had available at the time.

My FIL gummed up another carb on his pressure washer with a Honda GV160. It only will run with the choke full on. The carbs are $10-16 bucks on Alizon but are a little annoying to swap out.