Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MSPain
Jul 14, 2006

SEKCobra posted:

Your noggin is the absolutely most valuable piece of your body and should be your absolute priority at all times.

don't bother with a helmet but never leave the house without a cup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MSPain
Jul 14, 2006
sucks man, sorry to hear about that. i have no real options besides parking on the street in a pretty dense neighborhood of seattle. it is terrifying. i have the built-in fork lock, a disc lock, a gps tracker, and a cover that isn't very attention-getting. probably the best thing going in my favor, however, is that i park it right next to a bike that is obviously worth more than mine.

real talk: a lot of the motorcycle thefts i hear about around here have taken place in parking garages. i wonder if parking on the street has a panopticon effect

MSPain
Jul 14, 2006
had a good moto day yesterday. it was warm/dry enough to go for a joy ride so i rode down the coast of lake washington to a park that is good for long walks. on the way i passed a guy on a red crf dressed as a dragon complete with a fuzzy green helmet/jump suit + little wings. later found myself in a formation of other motorcyclists going to the same park and we chatted a bit once we arrived. fun stuff!

MSPain
Jul 14, 2006

numberoneposter posted:

i have to say the I5 from olympia to seattle was some of the most stressful driving ive ever done.

i-5 in and around seattle can get hosed. freeways shouldn't have entrances/exits on the left and i-5 has so many

MSPain
Jul 14, 2006
sometimes it seems like 95% of the forums live in the pnw

MSPain
Jul 14, 2006
this is the best motorcycle subreddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/CalamariRaceTeam/top/?t=all

MSPain fucked around with this message at 19:45 on May 9, 2023

MSPain
Jul 14, 2006
there's a sportster that has started parking on the sidewalk in front of my building.

the owner keeps leaving the fuel petcock open and the sidewalk has been drenched in gasoline for weeks now.

also their pannier bags are installed backwards who is this guy

MSPain
Jul 14, 2006
close your eyes and imagine riding something that looks exactly like a ninja but has those specs. is there a word for the opposite of a sleeper?

MSPain
Jul 14, 2006
there is a diy punk charm to poorly built choppers and cafe racers assembled in a driveway. it's spiritually different from the custom shops charging lambo money for fine art pieces.

MSPain
Jul 14, 2006
I wonder why they don't do the sv650s variant any more. That one's much more appealing to me

MSPain
Jul 14, 2006
that sucks, dude. you are in seattle, right? ...where did i put that disk lock

MSPain
Jul 14, 2006
I was under the impression that you do get a trophy and a recognition plaque when you buy a harley

MSPain
Jul 14, 2006
gray beards on the sidewalk really like my royal enfield, but toddlers seem to prefer my sv650s

MSPain
Jul 14, 2006
is that the bike your wife likes?

MSPain
Jul 14, 2006
genuinely love the VHS tape box font for the "8R" there

MSPain
Jul 14, 2006
I probably would have bought a ninja if they didn't look the way they do

MSPain
Jul 14, 2006
their Suzuki Bergman video was great :colbert:

MSPain
Jul 14, 2006
i used to use zipcar a lot and it gave me the opportunity to drive a variety of cars. i was excited to drive the jeeps because my uncle used to have one and i always thought they looked cool. every single jeep i rented had something mechanically wrong with it. like a weird noise or the check engine light or something. plus they handle like poo poo and the interiors feel really low quality and plasticy. v dissapointing

the other big lesson from my time with zipcar: mini coopers own

MSPain
Jul 14, 2006

Geekboy posted:

This is a nightmare that keeps getting worse the longer you look at it.

lmao my favorite part is probably the load 'secured' with a rope tied to the swing arm

MSPain
Jul 14, 2006
good earplugs helped me cope with the freeway. I bet a good suspension would help too.

60-70mph doesn't feel so fast when the wind isn't deafening you and your eyes aren't vibrating so much they can't focus on what's in front of them. I seriously take breaks just to give my eyes a rest.

that said, it's probably healthy to have some impulse towards self preservation so I wouldn't consider that embarrassing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MSPain
Jul 14, 2006
i was planning to scoot around the olympic peninsula this weekend :smith: