Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fathom
Mar 11, 2005

Damn Kids!
After looking for a good breeder for a while, we got super lucky and found one a few miles from our house. We wanted to wait for a litter of puppies, however our breeder was looking to place a few of her Cardigans. We fell in love with Violet and have her at home for a few week trial. Hopefully she'll want to adopt us. :3:

Crappy cell phone pics, but just had to share.

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

Click here for the full 480x640 image.

The pembroke in this picture is my girlfriend's, but she stays at her parent's house. Yay for making new friends. :dance:

While they're playing and having fun, my cat is under the bed being a grumpy jerk :ssj:. Violet hasn't barked or even really payed much attention to him. She was socialized with cats early on and seems totally :waycool:. It will just take time for him to chill out and realize she isn't Napoleon coming to conquer his land. The hope and dream is one day they will chill together on the bed watching TV like the picture a few posts earlier.

Fathom fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jun 3, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathom
Mar 11, 2005

Damn Kids!
Violet is such a bed hog.

In about 3 days Sam and Violet were getting along. I was pretty shocked and expected it to take months to see this kind of progress between my grumpy butthole of a cat and the new Cardigan.

They're not best friends or anything, maybe one of these days.

Fathom
Mar 11, 2005

Damn Kids!
Picture and video dump!

Someone asked a few pages back about getting an adult corgi? We got Violet right before she turned 2, and she's been awesome. She's going to turn 3 in about a week.

About 8 months ago Violet got a friend! Her nephew Rory came home with us. She really needed a buddy.

Frog out!

Stack up Rory, time to learn the show dog table routine.

The little ears that could.

So tired of being admired.

Growing and learning to love car rides.

EARS!

Hopped up on the couch to greet me when I got home from work.

:toot: Now for the videos. :toot:

Rory a few weeks before we took him home. He's playing with his other litter mates, Violet, Stella the spinone italiano, and the ibizan hounds.

Rory gets his first bath at home and chases his wet tail.

Violet's on a boat mo'sukkas. Yarr!

We brought Rory home a soccer ball.

Rory popped his soccer ball, upgrade time.

Fathom
Mar 11, 2005

Damn Kids!

a life less posted:

That's a bit sad. My guess is that the stress of the move is causing her to shut down a bit. I worry that she's the byproduct of an individual more concerned with showing dogs than the health and welfare of the dogs they show... but that's probably me just being a paranoid rear end in a top hat.

After going to a lot of dog shows, I don't think you're being a paranoid rear end in a top hat. Some dogs pretty much live in a crate for years and travel around with pro handlers from show to show. It makes me wonder how much love and attention those show dogs actually get.

I hope this isn't the case for the dog Crunk Abortion has. Hopefully it's just a case of the new place spooks and that will go away in a few weeks.

Now time for some more pictures! :toot:

Look at that tongue!

Throw the kong disc thing already!

I played so hard, now I'll lay my head on this oh-so-comfortable basket of toys.

I'm sitting weird, but dammit I'm smiling!

Hey what are you cooking?

No really we will follow you through this kitchen... we know there is food.

Yeah I got nothing for this one.

Fathom
Mar 11, 2005

Damn Kids!
:haw::hf::gonk:

Rory looks up at you in wonder.

Fathom
Mar 11, 2005

Damn Kids!
I'll check with the breeder we got Rory and Violet from. She hasn't had pems in a long time, but I'll see if she knows anyone near Houston.

Edit: I emailed our breeder, waiting to hear back. As soon as I hear something I'll let you know.

Fathom fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Jul 18, 2011

Fathom
Mar 11, 2005

Damn Kids!
Here's what I heard back.

quote:

There are many Pem breeders in Texas. There is a Pem club: Greater Houston Pembroke Welsh Corgi Fanciers. They have a website & I'm sure there are several contacts on that website. I have been out of Pems long enough not to know too many people in that area who breed Pems. Some breeders, like myself, may have older Pems available. GHPWCF also has a rescue.

Googling for you:

http://www.ghpwcf.org/

List of AKC contacts

Go to this page and search for TX. That will get you another list of contacts. And this might be the best place to start. Find someone and see if they have older pems they're looking to adopt out that you can come see. Of you you'll want to go out and play with them a few times before you ever take anyone home with you, and hopefully the breeder is fine with that. I'd be worried if they didn't want you to visit a few times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathom
Mar 11, 2005

Damn Kids!
Violet also gets a cup a day split between two meals. It's a toss up if she will decide to feast on a kitty treats that escape the litter box, and then puke all over my rug. :bang:

• Locked thread