Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

The Last Call posted:

If you think this looks so stupid and cool you should see the guys he fought.

The designs went places in that mini.

Tell me more :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Nanigans posted:

Tell me more :allears:

I was trying to find the Emperor's flunkies in this, they had a look.

But googles falling on it's face so let's jump to the Emperor. Somehow he returned. For the first original time! It was clones. It was always clones. It will always be clones.

Take a look at him:

The series had a look.

Also guards:

Want to see the proud Jedi who returns and sacrifices to end Palpatine once and for all?

When it was all canon. But then, he's half cannon ball.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Kingtheninja posted:

Yeah from a video I've seen, the galaxy's edge falcon is the same as the last store one they did (legacy maybe?) so I'm looking at options, but I'll probably wait til after I get the ghost. What were you thinking for display? Floating shelf? Hanging the ship on the wall? I could use some ideas.

I have the Galaxy's Edge version. It's a superior repaint of the older Legacy version. I bought mine from Target, it had a limited in-store release, possibly exclusive. Kind of a funny story, I ordered it online and they canceled my order the day it was supposed to arrive, but then I walked into the store and it was sitting on a shelf.

I saw somebody do a wall mount where it was supported (nose-up) by some well-angled, padded shelf brackets on the sides and the back, and I was thinking I would do something similar. Probably with a slab of plywood or something as a base for those things to attach to. Put it down on the base, figure out where all the support points will be and attach the brackets to the base, then mount the base to the wall using long screws and a stud finder. It can sit indefinitely on the shelf brackets, but could also be easily lifted off to mess with it. (It would be possible to tie fishing line across it for earthquake safety too.)

Edit:
It had been years since I looked into this and I checked to see if I could find the thing I found before, and it's this short Youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_rXSBuSOAM
I remembered parts of it incorrectly; I guess adding some padding to the shelf brackets was my own idea. Also in the video he just has the brackets screwed straight into drywall and he ran out of screws before finishing the job, so I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing came crashing down a week later. I think the cheap shelf brackets are a brilliant idea, but I would definitely want to build it with a bit more structural integrity.

Nerd Of Prey fucked around with this message at 03:39 on May 3, 2024

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

The Last Call posted:

I was trying to find the Emperor's flunkies in this, they had a look.

But googles falling on it's face so let's jump to the Emperor. Somehow he returned. For the first original time! It was clones. It was always clones. It will always be clones.

Take a look at him:

The series had a look.

Also guards:

Want to see the proud Jedi who returns and sacrifices to end Palpatine once and for all?

When it was all canon. But then, he's half cannon ball.

This is all amazing. :swoon:

Maybe Kathleen Kennedy really IS the devil!

I joke, I joke

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Nanigans posted:

This is all amazing. :swoon:

Maybe Kathleen Kennedy really IS the devil!

I joke, I joke

Oh, this was all rubber stamped by George (and I know you were joking, it just feels funny to me)! I liked Dark Empire at the time but I feel mostly now it was just a bunch of design concepts being smashed together.

The "oh, crap, people still want Star Wars" early days were a wild time.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Dawgstar posted:

Oh, this was all rubber stamped by George (and I know you were joking, it just feels funny to me)! I liked Dark Empire at the time but I feel mostly now it was just a bunch of design concepts being smashed together.

The "oh, crap, people still want Star Wars" early days were a wild time.

The ol' Lizard Pheromones make Leia Horny days yes.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

The ol' Lizard Pheromones make Leia Horny days yes.

Sun Crusher.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
Huzzah! Was able to nab a Neca Kirby from Target's website!

https://www.target.com/p/neca-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-mirage-comics-kirby-7-34-action-figure/-/A-90478724

Shiftypenguin fucked around with this message at 14:17 on May 3, 2024

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Agrias120 posted:

Rebirth Yuffie (and Cloud) are up for preorder places now. Very excited to grab her in the non-Intermission outfit. :dance:

Forgot to respond to this yesterday but I for one am very excited to see at least one new figure from this line. Lame that of the two announced, one is another Cloud. Not as if the several previous reissues are hard to find. And then Yuffie is mostly gonna be reused parts too, but still, this version is long overdue and I look forward to getting one. I'm glad I never caved in and bought the one in the weird cloak!

Let's just hope that now they've blown the dust off this toy line they will announce a couple more characters.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Forgot to respond to this yesterday but I for one am very excited to see at least one new figure from this line. Lame that of the two announced, one is another Cloud. Not as if the several previous reissues are hard to find. And then Yuffie is mostly gonna be reused parts too, but still, this version is long overdue and I look forward to getting one. I'm glad I never caved in and bought the one in the weird cloak!

Let's just hope that now they've blown the dust off this toy line they will announce a couple more characters.

Yeah, it's been long enough that I was getting worried they just weren't going to do figures for Rebirth. Hopefully this means they'll definitely at least do Cid and Vincent, since it'd be weird to not complete the team at this point after they did a proper Yuffie. I have no idea how Cait Sith would work, but I'd be here for the monstrosity.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Agrias120 posted:

Yeah, it's been long enough that I was getting worried they just weren't going to do figures for Rebirth. Hopefully this means they'll definitely at least do Cid and Vincent, since it'd be weird to not complete the team at this point after they did a proper Yuffie. I have no idea how Cait Sith would work, but I'd be here for the monstrosity.

Previously they've done Cait as a random pack-in with a different version of Cid, and as a separate release with his giant moogle or whatever that is. I'm in however they decide to do it, he was a fun character in Rebirth.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Storm Collectibles is making more KoF figs, which is always cool to see.

Except I'm chapped they're making Ralph before Clark. Just make both Ikari Warriors at the same time goddammit.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Storm Collectibles is making more KoF figs, which is always cool to see.

Except I'm chapped they're making Ralph before Clark. Just make both Ikari Warriors at the same time goddammit.

Oh yeah that's not the brightest choice. Everyone is going to want the pair, so they're not gonna buy Ralph and then they won't make Clark as a result.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
Ugh. My Savage Crucible Kickstarter figures finally arrived and they messed up the order. One of the four items is the wrong figure.

Guess we'll see how good their customer service is.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Statistically, there has to be one person on here who will really enjoy this one

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Joe Fisto posted:

Statistically, there has to be one person on here who will really enjoy this one

What was the real reasoning behind including the bare feet again?

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Joe Fisto posted:

Tarantino might always be a secretive poster.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Shiftypenguin posted:

todd doesn't wear socks

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Shiftypenguin posted:

He likes to be barefoot or at least shoeless when he draws

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Sanschel posted:

He likes to be barefoot or at least shoeless when he draws

Ah.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Trying to get Hot Toys Artisan DE Luke on the Sideshow site was hopeless, I was like 5000th in line by the time I realized it was up. Did wind up preordering the normal edition, though!

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Trying to get Hot Toys Artisan DE Luke on the Sideshow site was hopeless, I was like 5000th in line by the time I realized it was up. Did wind up preordering the normal edition, though!

If you really want the Artisan, I’d recommend getting on the waitlist. I was waitlisted for Artisan Joker forever and it finally converted one day.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Toy Biz 1989 Batman / Kenner 1990 Batman

Thanks to Joe Fisto for hooking me up with the Toy Biz homage figure. It is appropriately hideous, and I love it.

I'd be interested to know the story of Toy Biz. It's got to be fascinating. They somehow fell rear end backwards into success by scoring the Batman movie license before anyone knew what it was actually worth, then almost immediately lost it to a much bigger company. Then they pivoted from DC to Marvel and rode that motherfucker til the wheels fell off. It's funny how they lost DC to Kenner, then Hasbro bought Kenner, then they lost Marvel to Hasbro. And that was right before Iron Man came out.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
https://x.com/preterniadotcom/status/1786563636460159359
New

Original

New

Original

New

Original

New

Original

I have all of the original releases of these, so it seems the differences (judging from the one picture of each)

- The new Stormtrooper has green lenses instead of black (were they ever green?)

- The new Vader is literally the recent Obi-Wan Kenobi Vader minus the extra battle damaged accessories and with the upper tunic now placed *over* his shoulder armor instead of under it

- The new 3PO seems to be a more pale and maybe slightly shinier shade of gold

- The new R2 seems to be more of a stark white compared to the original's off-white.

Unless these come with some crazy accessories, I'm happy to keep my originals which generally seem better. Bandai does sometimes improve faceprinting (lol on these) and build quality when they rerelease figures, so that's a possibility. The only one of these that really needs a lot of articulation is the Stormtrooper, and mine already has some of the smoothest articulation of any figure I own.

Anyway, the originals are all awesome figures and easily the best 6" representations of each of these characters (Mafex be damned *in this case*), so definitely pick these up if you're in the market for great SW toys.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

The upper tunic over the shoulder pads looks so... weird

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Yeah, but that’s how it was in ANH and literally only ANH.

RotS, Rogue One, and Kenobi all predate ANH in the timeline, but he still wears the robes under the armor in those.

It’s like he woke up one day and decided “If I’m gonna capture Princess Leia today, I’m also gonna try out a new look. I wonder if she’ll notice me now, uguu~”

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Don't have the Stormtrooper so totes picking up a couple of those. The Obi-Wan Vader is GOAT for me, I don't like the robes over the armour look so don't need this ANH take. R2, I prefer the original version, the new one looks too pristine. But Threepio, yeah if he's got that finish to him ala the model kit then that makes him the absolute best Threepio. The previous one is great but the new one's finish is an improvement.

Now, if they could also please re-release Han, an improved, less traffic coney Leia, and the RotS Obi-Wan then I can finally be complete.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I’d prefer a new Endor Leia and Han, but I’d love a rerelease of Chewie since he doesn’t really change film to film.

At the moment, SHF-wise I’ve got

Qui Gon Jinn
Darth Maul
Yoda
Anakin Skywalker (Episode 3)
Obi Wan Kenobi (Episode 3)
Count Dooku
Darth Vader (OWK)
Storm Trooper
Obi Wan Kenobi (Episode 4)
Luke Skywalker (Episode 4)
R2-D2
C-3PO
Luke Skywalker (Episode 6)
Darth Vader (Episode 6 2.0)
Emperor Palpatine
Din Djarin (Durasteel)
Din Djarin (Beskar s2)
Din Djarin (Beskar s3)
The Child
Luke Skywalker (The Rescue)
Boba Fett w/Throne
Luke Skywalker (Ahch To)
Luke Skywalker (Crait)

And I’ve got the new Ahsoka on preorder.

With Mafex I have just their new Din Djarin and their RotJ Boba Fett. And their Luke is preordered, but that hood is staying down.

Nanigans fucked around with this message at 15:29 on May 4, 2024

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Display wise I go with:

SHF
TPM - Obi-Wan, Maul, soon-to-be Qui-Gon (in transit)
AotC - Mace, Yoda
RotS - Anakin

Obi-Wan - Vader and, er, Obi-Wan

Solo - Chewie (but accessorized to the ANH version)

ANH - Threepio, R2, Luke
RotJ - Luke

Mando - The Armourer, Paz Vizsla
BoBF - Boba Fett, oddly enough

TFA - Han, all the various Stormtroopers
TLJ - Rey, Ahch-To Luke, Phasma
RoS - Kylo Ren

The only Mafex ones I have with them are the 2.0 Mando and Grogu, a pair of Phase 2 Clones, and BB-8. While I like their ESB Boba, and the chrome finish of their Phasma, their scale is just too darn big most of the time so they stick out too much. Hell, the Clones are too tall as well really but I can just about fudge it. I figure their Bo-Katan should be okay, as long as she goes alright with their Mando it should be fine but I'll probably end up going with the SHF Ahsoka despite preferring the Mafex heads because the latter will probably tower over Anakin. Probably just stick with the RotJ Luke I have for the all black look, I will go to my grave making GBS threads on the SHF Mando Luke's revolting corpse like face.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

idgi He looks fine to me? :confused:

Nanigans fucked around with this message at 16:00 on May 4, 2024

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
The colour balance of your pic is hosed tho, your Yoda looks almost radioactive.

In all the promo shots and videos I've seen of him, he looks like death plus that thousand yard stare thing. Ugh.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Sentinel Red posted:

The colour balance of your pic is hosed tho, your Yoda looks almost radioactive.

In all the promo shots and videos I've seen of him, he looks like death plus that thousand yard stare thing. Ugh.

Retook the photo, no iPhone fuckery.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
picked up some more Nendoroids, I'm always surprised at how detailed they are for how small they are.

colossal titan playset, amelia watson, calliope mori, and toriel

I love everything about the Colossal Titan set. that it comes with the section of wall he kicks in, that it comes with the titan that eats Eren's Mom AND a 10mm tall Eren's Mom for it to eat(and the titan has a tiny opening jaw so you can fit the head in there), that it comes with the anime-eyed titan that eats one of the Scouts, and best of all that it comes with a both a creepy non-chibi head for the Colossal Titan and also a Nendoroid-appropriate big googly-eyed Colossal Titan face if you want

Ame comes with Bubba and a tiny magnifying glass, and a stethoscope for some reason which I never noticed on her design but they included as an actual separate piece. and Mori comes with a whole buncha crap, including a microphone, glass of wine, her scythe, and sunglasses that you can fit on any of her faceplates.

and Toriel is really simple, a couple faceplates, a couple of arms, and a pie.

just need the Ninomae Ina'nis and Takanashi Kiara nendos when those come out and I'll have all of Hololive Myth. definitely going to eventually pick them up and the figmas when those come out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Nanigans posted:

Retook the photo, no iPhone fuckery.

Definitely cool.